Author Topic: Al Pinball garage tournament. Saturday December 2nd!  (Read 681 times)

Online deadlander

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Al Pinball garage tournament. Saturday December 2nd!
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:51 PM »
Ok just a quick announcement we are doing our annual event thought I'd get a jump on the calendar as it is a busy time for everyone. December 2nd is the date loaded into the ifpa calander. Will start at 5 pm but game room open at 3 pm so you can practice on all 25 machines. Same format as last years event 3 strikes on random draw. PM me for RSVP and directions. Look forward to seeing you guys at the garage.  Please note park at credit union or clerk of the court at the corner of SR 44 and Clara Ave. if you like bring your favorite appetizer or chips and dip and any special adult beverage we will have plenty of sodas and some beer as well. Look forward to another great time... lineup is looking good a couple new additions along with a couple of games on loan from Art. Looks like 25+ games in the tournament. See you guys in a couple of weeks. Party on Wayne!
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Al Pinball garage tournament. Saturday December 2nd!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 06:09:01 PM »
Party on dude
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »
Im parking now.....

Online deadlander

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:54:40 AM »
For you Leon we will valet for you.  8)
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:49:08 AM »
Thanks for the invite, Al! 

My parents rescheduled coming for Thanksgiving to the first weekend in December so I will be unable to attend.

Dave
David Paz
Pins:  AC/DC Premium, BSD, EB, EBD, Joker Poker, Outer Space, Paragon, ST:TNG, TWD Pro

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »
Jax crew is playing a disc golf tourney in Gainesville next weekend, but it looks like we are going to head over to Deadland for the party!!!

Steve
MM
I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose.

Offline pindan3

• And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
With a little LUCK I will make this one!  :)
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Online deadlander

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »
Fantastic news Dan!! Julia and I are looking forward to seeing your there!!
Al

Online deadlander

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »
Ok had a couple of repeat questions so here is the party FAQ.

Q: Al we have a couple of commitments that afternoon (suszy's piano recital ect) we cant make it till 6-7 is the party still going on?

A:  Hell yeah!  While the tourney starts at 5:00 PM the party continues into the wee hours.  We have 24 pins and 5 Arcades machines plus 2 bonfires plenty of food and drink.  There will be something to entertain you if your not in the Tournament!  It's more than just a tournament its an end of the year blowout to have fun, party and play some pinball!

Q: What should I bring?

A:We have a stone soup type of menu at the event.  We encourage people to bring their favorite party dip or appetizer to the party.  If your not a cook bring a snack you like.  There is no obligation just makes it a better party to share in peoples culinary talent.

Q: Will there be beer?

A: Most definitely I will be buying various domestic beer and some wine for the ladies as well. If your particular bring your favorite.  There will be a large ice tub to store your beer and other beverages.

Q: Should i bring a chair?

A:  We will have numerous chairs but the party is large at times so seating may be limited a few extra chairs wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Q:  Where should I park?

A:  Plenty of parking 3 doors down at the Launch Credit union and The Volusia County Clerk of Court.  Both are at the corner of SR 44 (New York Ave) and Clara Ave.  Go three doors up to the North and hang a left you will see the Pinball garage in the back.

Q: Will the Deland Christmas Parade mess with our GPS to get to your home?

A: Perhaps the DPD will be detouring traffic away from downtown DeLand at round 4-5 pm.  Best bet if coming from I-4 from Orlando is to take the SR 472 exit follow to SR 17 92 N.  When you reach the truck route (SR 15A) take it north.  Turn right west on SR 44 then left on Clara Ave.  This will avoid the parade traffic.  However Deland is on a grid system if you follow the detour you will eventually get to us the traffic can be bad so the Truck Route will be the best bet.  Give me a call if you need directions.

Julia and I are looking forward to seeing everyone this year. 
Regards,
Al

Offline Miracleman

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
Looking forward to it!
I always try to get into Deland early and check out the great collectables stores downtown, comics, records etc.

I think this is one of the best casual gatherings of the year for the Florida collectors.

Spencer

Online deadlander

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 07:44:14 AM »
Looking forward to seeing everyone today game room is looking good 24 pins tournament ready!  We have had this date on the calendar for some time and have been killing it the gameroom.  Many thanks to Ryan, Storm, Randy and Lou for helping Julia and I get ready for this event.  Today is finally here!  Wont be able to check PM's all day so I will do a final check around 2pm to get any stragglers.  Weather is favorable tonight should be a nice in the backyard next to the fire.

Regards,
Al

Online deadlander

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 07:47:39 AM »
Oh shieite! :o I forgot to thank Leon as well worked that poor boy to death yesterday!  Thanks buddy!  Party on Wayne...

Online deadlander

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 03:05:19 AM »
Well it was an epic turnout tonight, we had 60 people in the tournament.  Young master Nick Mueller took the the coveted Metallica trans-light box.  Honorable mention to John Hall, who played out of his mind.  Ambushing the seasoned veterans like he was wearing a ghillie suit and sniping them off one by one.  Tied for 3rd was Kurt van Zyl and Shannon Stafford.  Julia and I had a terrific time hosting this event and would like to thank everyone who came out and made this our best event ever.  Great competition and fun times with friends. 
Would like to thank our TD Randy Parsons who made the match play thing happen, and was able to simulcast it to the tv in the work shop, and finished tied for 7th... he simply rocks the house.  Thanks go out to Dan who got the slings for Strikes and Spares and Jeff who helped us out with the Hi Deal and got me a surprise chime for Strikes and Spares as well.  Thanks to Lou for helping us with the setup and helping the TD. And a another big thanks to Storm, Randy, Leon with all the help that they gave us getting 24 pins and the garage/backyard ready! ( :D ) Finally thanks go out to Spencer for doing the auction for us as well. The food was great everyone brought their A game and we had some great food to help keep us going in the tournament.  Will be posting results soon.  Had a great time.
See you guys back at the garage May 5th and 6th for the Ancient City tourney at the garage.
Regards,
Al & Julia

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 03:43:39 AM »
Had an AWESOME TIME!  Plenty of machines to play, no breakdowns and a very fun tournament.  Door prices were a bonus.  Thanks to all that was there, seems everyone was pitching in.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline CafeOne

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 07:26:26 AM »
 8)
Great as always! So much fun, thanks Al , Julia and all the help , love you guys!
Cafe One - 403 N US Hwy 1 , Ormond Beach , FL 32174
(386)492-4873   7 AM to 2:30 PM daily (closed Wednesday)  Breakfast and Lunch Pinball Cafe.

Wizard Beach Ballers pinball league meets every other Tuesday evening at 7:30 PM (start time, practice from 6 PM)...Inquire for details.

at the Cafe :
Aerosmith Pro, Dialed In!, Wizard of OZ LE , The Hobbit SE, Monster Bash, Star Wars LE, Road Show, Game Show, SpiderMan VE

In reserve :
Taxi, Earthshaker, Whirlwind, Jumping Jack, Twilight Zone,  Ghostbusters Premium, Simpsons Pinball Party, The Shadow, Diner, Funhouse, Fish Tales, WhiteWater