Author Topic: Where can I get a nes/snes with all games?  (Read 111 times)

Offline the architect

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Tournament pinball is fun
Where can I get a nes/snes with all games?
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:28:21 PM »
I keep getting these adds on fb about these retro gaming consoles. They look cool, but sifting through the reviews you get a couple honest people talking about how shitty they are. There’s gotta be something reasonable as well as good playing out there.
wants- nice examples of:     WW, FT, CP, nugent, 2001,  snow derby, grand prix, super orbit, surfer, IM, BSD, FGordon, TAF

current pins:
AC/DC premium, WOF, Volley, Mmr , Abra cadabra, Central Park, pinball (stern EM), Jungle princess (EM), Medusa, skateball

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
Re: Where can I get a nes/snes with all games?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 01:20:22 AM »
If you just want to play the old games and don't care there are plenty of options.

Original XBOX is $30ish, stupid easy to mod and will play everything up to SNES pretty much perfect then N64 era stuff so-so.

Raspberry Pi setups are probably about $50 with all the bits and bobs and will play just about anything.

Get a real NES or SNES and a multicart.. best option but most expensive as the carts are $80-$100 plus the cost of the system.

The ones on Facebook will be overpriced and probably crappy as you are basically paying somebody a premium to do one of the above for you. If you can follow directions in a Youtube video you can make any of the above work in an afternoon.

Offline leewoo

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:54:18 AM »
If you just want to play the old games and don't care there are plenty of options.

Original XBOX is $30ish, stupid easy to mod and will play everything up to SNES pretty much perfect then N64 era stuff so-so.

Raspberry Pi setups are probably about $50 with all the bits and bobs and will play just about anything.

Get a real NES or SNES and a multicart.. best option but most expensive as the carts are $80-$100 plus the cost of the system.

The ones on Facebook will be overpriced and probably crappy as you are basically paying somebody a premium to do one of the above for you. If you can follow directions in a Youtube video you can make any of the above work in an afternoon.
There's also the modded Wii route. You can find those sometimes between $20-$30 but you'll need the SNES controller for the Wii to play the SNES games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Suck it
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 10:53:11 AM »
Bro.. you should have asked me last time you where over.. I did a buddy with raspberry pi setup $125:

pi 3
pi case
heat sinks
2 wired snes controllers
64gb memcard

all atari
all nes
all snes
all sega 8bit
all sega genesis
all gamegear
all gb
all gbc
all gba
mame
turbo graphics 16

I could have added more for him but at that point it was overkill.

Let me know I can set you up
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab, SF2 Conversion Cab, 2 - Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' exotica