Author Topic: Ms. Pacman Resets on 1p start  (Read 559 times)

Offline EVAWINGZERO

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Are you getting enough Oxygen?
Ms. Pacman Resets on 1p start
« on: December 18, 2017, 03:25:20 PM »
I am working on a Ms. Pacman and have come into a weird issue....

When the game boots, it goes to the normal Ms. Pacman screen. When you press 1p start, the game resets and goes back to the "Press Start" screen. If you start a 2p game, it plays perfectly fine for both players, then goes back to the "Press Start" screen like it should.

This Ms. Pac had a bad transformer, and I put in the Switching PSU and adapter in to get the game back up and running.

It seems like the 1p start is acting like the Service switch located in the coin door.

Anyone ever run across anything like this?
Vids: Egret 2, Initial D V.3, TMNT, Konami Windy, Sega / Atlus Print Club 2, Naomi Universal Upright, Sega Dino King, Astro City,Irem Madonna, Red Tent, UMK3, Neo Geo MVS, MBWB, DK, DKJR, Mario Kart GP, Vewlix Clone

Pins: CFTBL - SW Pro - FH -SP - SMB - NOES - Stern Dracula - Taxi - Space Shuttle - Spanish Eyes

Evangelion: 2nd Impact Pachinko 67/100

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: Ms. Pacman Resets on 1p start
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
pretty cool feature :)

my guess.. bad 74ls86 @ 8H... gate stuck so when you hit 1p start it cobbles the data buss causing a watchdog reset.

i would isolate the input to the board, and try manually hitting 1p start @ the pcb and see if it does the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:31:53 PM by Hamster »
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline EVAWINGZERO

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Are you getting enough Oxygen?
Re: Ms. Pacman Resets on 1p start
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 03:42:02 PM »
Thank you sir. I will try that tonight and let you know.
Vids: Egret 2, Initial D V.3, TMNT, Konami Windy, Sega / Atlus Print Club 2, Naomi Universal Upright, Sega Dino King, Astro City,Irem Madonna, Red Tent, UMK3, Neo Geo MVS, MBWB, DK, DKJR, Mario Kart GP, Vewlix Clone

Pins: CFTBL - SW Pro - FH -SP - SMB - NOES - Stern Dracula - Taxi - Space Shuttle - Spanish Eyes

Evangelion: 2nd Impact Pachinko 67/100