Author Topic: F stern - F stern - F stern  (Read 2307 times)

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Re: F stern - F stern - F stern
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »
I'll bet I have bought as many NIB Stern games as any non-operator on the Village.

I prefer to buy my games from you after you've worked out all of the bugs.   ;D
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline pinmaniac

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
I prefer to buy my games from you after you've worked out all of the bugs.   ;D

lol
Pins: None

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »
There is one way to keep this from happening.....buy from Curly/Marshall and unbox it in their shop and let them set the game up and test.  Fin.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 05:31:32 PM »
There is one way to keep this from happening.....buy from Curly/Marshall and unbox it in their shop and let them set the game up and test.  Fin.

I believe that's what Curly always recommends, so they can make sure everything's operating properly. I think what people get hung up on is they want to be the ones to do the "official unboxing" ceremony and be the one to take the game out of the box... for whatever crazy thrill reason that is.  I've gone up on several occasions to help Curly unbox a NIB game, I don't really see what the big deal is. I'd much rather be sure that the game isn't damaged in any way and functioning properly, that's a lot more important than taking it out of the cardboard. Plus, if there is a problem or damage the dealer himself is there to verify it so there's no funny business or questions who did it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:33:16 PM by TheBatman »

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
LoLoL  The very funny insane thing, is to think that any pinball game is NIB!  That no one else has ever played it.  It can have from 100-250 plays on it before being put into the BOX. 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline k7

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 09:35:26 AM »
Quote from: pinmaniac

My issues, that I can remember are (all NIB):
LOTR with no GI.  Loose connector in backbox.  Fixed in a couple minutes.
that's just shipping, we can't avoid it.

Family guy with playfield planking straight out of the box.  Stern support basically said sorry but suck it up
how did you see this? any pics? curious, I thought family guy playfields were basically a decal with a light coat of clear.

Xmen LE (wolverine) -  Later Wolverine broke and dist got me a new one.
wolverines all broke. cheap mold from china not designed to be hit by so many balls. :)

Kiss LE with hole punched through it from forklift.  Not noticed by my secretary when she signed for the game.  Took a couple months but received a new body from Stern
I've seen quite a few stern boxes with forklift stab marks. distribution shippers stab every item you can think of...

Ghostbusters LE with the flipper contact screwed into the cabinet about 4 inches below the flipper button.  Fixed this myself. 
that is why they need better QC. that's an easy fix, but sad it got packed up.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:37:03 AM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline pinmaniac

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 12:15:40 PM »
LOTR with no GI.  Loose connector in backbox.  Fixed in a couple minutes.
that's just shipping, we can't avoid it.

Family guy with playfield planking straight out of the box.  Stern support basically said sorry but suck it up
how did you see this? any pics? curious, I thought family guy playfields were basically a decal with a light coat of clear.

Xmen LE (wolverine) -  Later Wolverine broke and dist got me a new one.
wolverines all broke. cheap mold from china not designed to be hit by so many balls. :)

Kiss LE with hole punched through it from forklift.  Not noticed by my secretary when she signed for the game.  Took a couple months but received a new body from Stern
I've seen quite a few stern boxes with forklift stab marks. distribution shippers stab every item you can think of...

Ghostbusters LE with the flipper contact screwed into the cabinet about 4 inches below the flipper button.  Fixed this myself. 
that is why they need better QC. that's an easy fix, but sad it got packed up.

Lol

Didn't post asking for input.  No, I don't have any pics.  The point was that these games are made of many parts that can shake loose in shipping, and lately with borderline QC.  If you are new to pinball your best bet is exactly as posted above.  Have your distributor open the game and verify it is up and running properly before taking it home.  If you buy long distance you put the risk on yourself.

Offline k7

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 01:24:52 PM »
agreed with all that you posted, but I just wanted to see the planking on family guy, see if mine had that issue.  :)

the wolverine bash toy was not well thought out, though. :P
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline pinmaniac

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »
agreed with all that you posted, but I just wanted to see the planking on family guy, see if mine had that issue.  :)

the wolverine bash toy was not well thought out, though. :P

if yours had the issue it would be very obvious.  mine looked like someone with a miniature plow had plowed the whole playfield.

agreed, bad design of a bash toy.

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 09:09:49 AM »
I like Curly, he's a great guy!
LOOK! Your shoe is untied!