Author Topic: The Curse Of Oak Island  (Read 2066 times)

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
The Curse Of Oak Island
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »
Anyone out there watching this show besides me??
I find it intriguing..They're into Season 5 already and they had a major find at the end of this weeks episode.

Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94; METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DIALED IN LE 0829
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline RussG

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: The Curse Of Oak Island
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:27:42 PM »
Anyone out there watching this show besides me??
I find it intriguing..They're into Season 5 already and they had a major find at the end of this weeks episode.

Never heard of it.  Now I am intrigued.

Online Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:46:28 PM »
They always have a major find at the end of the episode that ends up being nothing.

I can't watch it.  If they ever find treasure I'll gladly admit that I was wrong but seems like fake drama to me.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline 0geist0

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »
One more person has to die before they find the treasure
Pins.  Pioneer, Flight 2000. HS2, Stern Star trek Pro.

WTB A small island
FS  My bad Ideas

Offline Steve O

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
Never heard of it.  Now I am intrigued.

I believe it is on the History Channel. 

Offline RussG

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 04:40:45 PM »
They always have a major find at the end of the episode that ends up being nothing.

I can't watch it.  If they ever find treasure I'll gladly admit that I was wrong but seems like fake drama to me.

Isn't this pretty much standard fare for bullshit "reality" TV today?

Online Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »
Seems so.  I don't know how it's been on the air this long.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »
Is this the one where they are looking for Pirate treasure or some such on an island?

If so I'm pretty sure I saw an episode when it first started in a hotel or something. How the hell have they dragged this out for 5 seasons?

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 07:10:21 PM »
They sure do take their time boring holes, I'd be out there 12-14 hours a day until I found something.  They do it like a part time job, work a few hours and quit, go home, come back in a few days and start again...
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 10:12:34 PM »
Well they have a long winter up there so they really only have 4-5 months out of the year to dig/plan.
I remember reading that same article written in Readers Digest back when I was in Middle School that got the Lagina brothers interested in they're quest.
I do find the show very educational in other aspects and it's the thrill of the search.
I look forward to it every week, the same as the Orville.
These guys at least have the current technology of today to be able to do a modern search.
Costing the brothers/the team lots of $$$$. I bet History or Prometheus Entertainment is helping pay for this to continue.

It's like I'm on the search with these guys. It's hard to explain but it's a fun show. I relate with these guys and thought the same thing they did as kids. To find the treasure would be cool as a kid. I mean there wasn't any real technology at all to peak other interests back then.
AM/FM radios, the invention of color TV, Cassette tapes, playing baseball, pong, TRS-80's, Atari, Intellivison.

https://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/research-documents/research/key-oak-island-article-readers-digest-1965/

Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94; METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DIALED IN LE 0829
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 12:05:57 PM »

I agree 100%. I was interested in the Oak Island thing as a kid. That and the Roanoke colony too.

The problem is that just like "Ghost Hunters" or "Finding Bigfoot" you know going in that every single episode is going to end with "Once again, we didn't really find anything." - because if they had found anything it would be international news. Bigfoot proven real, Afterlife confirmed, etc.

With the Oak Island thing it seems the best they might find is some small piece of gold or something, without being sure where it came from originally. If they find something major, once again - national news and no need to watch the show. It'll almost certainly be on the news before they edit and air the related episode, if they ever do have a big find.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »
Guys we know these shows are fake.

Hell we saw that first hand when the Baggage Battles people were at the arcade auction and they left the script lying around that had detailed information on who was going to buy each item and what their motivation was.

Offline tktlwyr

• Lord of the Slings
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »
One more person has to die before they find the treasure

I was thinking that old Dan should just take one for the team and take a header into 10X.
David Paz
Pins:  AC/DC Premium, Gottlieb Atlantis, BSD, EB, EBD, IMDNLE, I500, Joker Poker, NBAFB, Outer Space, Paragon, ST:TNG

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »
They're into Season 5 already and they had a major find at the end of this weeks episode.

I cannot stop laughing at this one!

As someone who has invested quite a bit of time into this bullshit television program, I can honestly say that they are NEVER going to find anything other than a few old coins and the occasional piece of gnarled scrap metal.

Stop watching now ... before you get sucked in like I am.

Steve
MM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »
I cannot stop laughing at this one!

As someone who has invested quite a bit of time into this bullshit television program, I can honestly say that they are NEVER going to find anything other than a few old coins and the occasional piece of gnarled scrap metal.

Stop watching now ... before you get sucked in like I am.

Steve
MM

+1 to that.  I was lucky enough to get out of this a few years ago (at the end of Season 2).  It amazes me that they've got a 5th season on the books.