Author Topic: Movie Review: The Last Jedi [Spoilers]  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: Movie Review: The Last Jedi [Spoilers]
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 12:24:25 PM »
They haven't even released a movie poster for Han Solo and it's out in less than 3 months.. it must be horrible.

That feels way too soon for another Star Wars movie. Episode 8 will barely be out of theaters, might still even be in the 2nd-run theaters (if those exist anymore).
Push it to a Christmas release maybe, this is overload. There's a limit to how many toys people will buy and they're damn well gonna find it.

I'm amazed I haven't seen anything about it - trailers, YouTube videos, etc.

Unless the reviews and fan reactions are great I'm gonna skip seeing that one in the theater.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2018, 10:59:51 PM »
First they just didn't realize this "reveal" was going to be more disappointing than unexpected and people weren't going to like it (because you shouldn't really) or Two.. and this is the more worrisome reason.. Rain Johnson had a completely different vision from JJ Abrahms so the plan got changed when he took over and whatever the original intent was for her parents was simply dropped in favor of this new narrative.

Not to beat a dead horse [too late], but apparently this has now been confirmed as exactly what happened:

“J.J. wrote ‘Episode VII,’ he also wrote drafts for ‘VIII’ & ‘IX.’ Then Rian arrived and re-wrote [‘The Last Jedi’] entirely. I believe there was some sort of general consensus on the main storylines that would happen in the trilogy, but apart from that, we agreed that every director should probably make his movie his own way. Rian and J. J. Abrams met many times to discuss ‘The Last Jedi,’ although ‘Episode VIII’ is very much mostly Rian’s and I do believe Rian didn’t keep anything from the first draft of the ‘Episode VIII’ script.”

source: http://www.slashfilm.com/jj-abrams-episode-8-story-rian-johnson/

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 5: Power User!
  • Suck it
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 02:51:12 PM »
That feels way too soon for another Star Wars movie. Episode 8 will barely be out of theaters, might still even be in the 2nd-run theaters (if those exist anymore).
Push it to a Christmas release maybe, this is overload. There's a limit to how many toys people will buy and they're damn well gonna find it.

I'm amazed I haven't seen anything about it - trailers, YouTube videos, etc.

Unless the reviews and fan reactions are great I'm gonna skip seeing that one in the theater.

The first few teasers of the solo movie didnt even SHOW han.. so.. I'm guessing they are reshooting a lot of the guys work
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2: WW, SF2: CE, SF: The Movie, X-men Vs SF, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, Califorina speed, Crusin' world x2 Linked; Hyperbeam