Author Topic: Anyone here done Laminate?  (Read 538 times)

Offline zenbone

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • The T-Shirt Guy
Anyone here done Laminate?
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »
I have a Playchoice 10 i am restoring. It is in nice shape and coming along well. i am thinking of putting new blue laminate on it as that would really make it shine. I have watched the numerous videos online and understand the principle... has anyone here done this before? i am thinking it might be better if i had someone that has done it before with me or giving me pointers of things to avoid. This won't happen for a while just thinking through the process and timing.

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Anyone here done Laminate?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
Yes many times.

I'll be presenting my latest restore which is an upright Konami Centuri Track & Field that wsrainc and I own. I used white laminate on the sides of that and sprayed the rest the correct blue in oil base that was required. Laminate is the way to go on a lot of applications.  You have to compensate for slightly thicker sides with slightly wider T-molding (a challenge) but you can usually use normal
T-molding if you sand a little more material off.
There are different thickness grades of laminate too: countertop (thicker) and vertical grade which is thinner. Normally the vertical grade is the right choice.

That's already a narrow Nintendo cab I think around 5/8.
I don't live close but can try and help you via texts, etc. if you need me to.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:42:33 PM by RussG »

Offline zenbone

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • The T-Shirt Guy
Re: Anyone here done Laminate?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »
awesome, thanks! i will hit you up prior to starting the process.
really appreciate it!