Author Topic: Crusin' USA A-19993 chip  (Read 196 times)

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Suck it
Crusin' USA A-19993 chip
« on: January 02, 2018, 02:07:21 PM »
Does anyone have a Cruisin' USA with the Linking PAL chip on it.  A-19993 (U38)

Trying to get details about the chip - who made it, specific manufacture information.. going to try and replicate the chip, but without knowing the details it will be hard.

Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab, SF2 Conversion Cab, 2 - Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' exotica

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Crusin' USA A-19993 chip
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 02:44:44 PM »
Does it look like this?
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline atarijim

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 02:52:21 PM »
24 pin slimline PROM IC for linking; replaces A19669; requires the (4)4.1 revision ROMs also to be able to link multiple units. If you have a burner/reader that can do this type of PROM, it can be duplicated. I think Happs sells them. I Have a unit here (not mine, repair piece) with the link mod ICs.

aj

(sorry, said prom, meant pal)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:17:08 PM by atarijim »

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »
Funwiz: no it LOOKs like a standard eeprom but apperently it isnt.. some kind of security chip.. I want to try and write one using the bin from mame to try and link it but need more details on a host chip for it.
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab, SF2 Conversion Cab, 2 - Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' exotica

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 02:53:51 PM »
Does it look like this?

More like this: (But mine is not A19993)

And partially undressed:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:00:53 PM by scarabaeus »

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 03:13:28 PM »
Completely naked:

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »
still waiting on a supplier of the replacement chip to get the chip here.  TI discontinued the chip and its replaced by another company rochester electronics..

so once the chip is here.. the trick will be to get it burnt and see if it identifies.. anyone know anything about the protections on the chip itself.. supposedly it was some kind of anti copy chip -- but that is no longer true since its in mame -- but will it need anything enabled to burn it back to a chip to be identified by the board?

Anyone? Caller are you there?

Offline busa32927

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 02:28:48 PM »
i suggest sending Hamster a PM.  He also runs a site that verifies chips. 
vids:  MK 2,3&4, KI 1&2, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, NBA Jams, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab and Crystal Castles

pins: Metallica, TWD, Stern ST Prem, MMr, GB, AC/DC prem., WOZ, SW Prem, GotG

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 04:42:43 PM »
i can program gal22v10(s), but i need the jed file, and from my understand, the "mame" bin dump has not been confirmed to work if changed to a jed file.

FYI... GAL22V10(s) are readily available.

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/gal22v10d-10lpn/lattice-semiconductor?utm_source=octopart&utm_medium=aggregator&utm_campaign=octopart_2017&utm_content=inv_listing&utm_keyword=GAL22V10D-10LPN

http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, OR2 Driver, OR.
past: pins: TWD, SF2, SW:EP1, RFM, T2, T3, LAH, JMn, DE:SW, Gtb:BH, MET, 24 vids:X

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »
is the gal a suitable replacement?
what makes that chip (or this chip for that matter) so different/special that it has to be changed to jed? yes - im totally new to this particular aspect and have no problem reading if you can point me in the direction.. why would we not be able to just "burn" the bin to the chip in a programmer and get it to work.. I'm used to optical disc duplication.. make an .img of a disc.. burn said image.. 1:1 copy done and done (minus some copy protections that normally are batched elsewhere) but reading through a few pages of stuff on the net so far --- apparently this isnt going to be as cut and dry.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:08:46 PM by Shdwknt »

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 03:24:38 PM »
I ordered the chips.. and according to the details the TL866cs will program it.. and SUPPOSEDLY it will program bins.  before I just take the leap and buy the programmer for myself so Im not running to my buddy all the time - any thing I need to know or should be aware of?

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 03:31:19 PM »
DATA I/O 29 with Unipak :)

not many 'newer' programmers will do older eeproms/pal/gals

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, OR2 Driver, OR.
past: pins: TWD, SF2, SW:EP1, RFM, T2, T3, LAH, JMn, DE:SW, Gtb:BH, MET, 24 vids:X

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »
Thats a helluva expensive programmer for how little im really going to use it.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 05:27:27 PM »
you want to play the game, you need to pay for the toys to make them go.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 05:37:24 PM »
actually, you need a logic-pak with the correct logic module :P