Author Topic: Crusin' USA A-19993 chip  (Read 643 times)

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Crusin' USA A-19993 chip
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 06:50:42 PM »
Seems cheaper to just find another board that has it ready to go....
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 5: Power User!
  • Suck it
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 09:20:33 AM »
At this point im in $75 just to see if I can replicate the chips.. the problem is no one wants to scavenge a good board to sell the chips and a good board goes for more than the reader and the chips.. so.. at this point.. might as well take a shot at it.. worst case I have a few spare chips and a writer lying around for good measure.
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2: WW, SF2: CE, SF: The Movie, X-men Vs SF, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, Califorina speed, Crusin' world x2 Linked; Hyperbeam

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 05:56:15 PM »
Welp, after getting the details on the chip, getting a replacement, making the jed from mame and burning it to another pal and then testing it -- that failed miserably.  I burned 8 of the standard eeprom's and those worked fine - the machines both took the L41 upgrades with no problem.. so its not my use / skill / programmer.. its just bad source on the A-19993 chip

The fusemap was redundant and as hamster suggested no one has made a working copy of the chip from mame.  So does ANYONE have this damn chip that I can try to just read and copy, or can sell me one.. if it is indeed security protected I want to send it overseas to a guy that might be able to crack it and read it..  I need two to link a machine and they are NO where to be had.
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2: WW, SF2: CE, SF: The Movie, X-men Vs SF, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, Califorina speed, Crusin' world x2 Linked; Hyperbeam

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 05:47:42 PM »
SO -- I just bought 1 of the 2 chips i need from a guy on facebook.. to realize that atarijim said he has one on his bench -- and that they can be read.. waiting for a reply from him.. hopefully he can read it and send me the bin, so I can burn these and get them into the machines on monday.   I have been hunting for 3 weeks because my stupid ass cant read no good ;)  Hopefully AtariJim can hook me up.

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »
After relentless searching and digging to replicate the chip off the board - its not going to happen.. its a registered pal.  so I bought a full boardset with chip and going to send it off after the party to be manually dissembled and replicated for the future.  - Thread is closed I have everything I need now.. 2 chips, and someone to duplicate them.

Thanks all for the help!

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »
Looks like they are still working on this :)

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=371021&page=4

they found a working board on ebay and its on its way to be dumped, and if it can't be, it will be sent to jrok to be dumped.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger