Author Topic: Intro and Hello!  (Read 229 times)

Offline arcadeshenanigans

• Level 1: Arrival
    • Bills Arcade Shenanigans
Intro and Hello!
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »
<obligatory AA meeting tone>My Name is Bill and I might have a problem</obligatory AA meeting tone>

In 2012, when we moved to our current home, the inclusion of unfinished / unfinishable walk-out-basement with low ceilings provided a great blank slate to start dabbling in the hobby.   

Originally, I stapled indoor/outdoor carpet to walls to create a division in the basement, separating gaming area from storage area.   A sheet, stapled on the wall with a Craigslist projector hanging from the ceiling with an all-strapped tripod.

By 2015, the pinball bug bit strongly..

(and a few more pins not in the picture on the opposite side)

These days, I'm a little more balanced between videos and pins and try to balance between multi-vids and grails.  The room is a little cramped but there's a little something for everyone.

Star Wars Area

Dome Gaming and VR Pod (Redneck home-made Star Wars Battle Pod)

A couch and gaming area for console stuff / movies, etc

Ancillary to the games, I added Nest cams and Amazon/Echo voice control

Nest Example

Alexa Voice Control

At present, I've been backing away from the modern Stern pins and leaning more towards Bally-Williams 90's titles, especially with the CG Remakes putting some downward pressure on player's quality titles that were once out of reach in terms of expense..   I parted with Stern Star Trek and added an AFM.   Recently parted with Ghostbusters and adding back an STTNG (which would be my second ownership of this title).   Parting with RFM and looking for either another Bally-Williams /90's DMD game or something completely different like Total Nuclear Annihilation or perhaps a late-model EM or early SS pin.   For arcades, I'm parting with the Red Tent to reclaim the space for two more stand ups, with eyes towards a color-vector, probably Tempest.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:36:51 PM by arcadeshenanigans »

Organizer and Chief Sanitation Engineer for Gulf Coast Pinball & Arcade

Current GameRoom:
Pins: Williams IJ, TOTAN, AFM, STTNG, DESW
Arcades: DK, Q*Bert, Tron, Tapper, Atari Star Wars, MK 1,2,3 4, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (x2), Multi Cocktail Vertical, Multi Horizontal Mame
Other: Dome gaming environment, Consoles, VR

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: Intro and Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »
Nice collection.  Welcome to our group.

C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Offline NormaJ

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:50:52 PM »
WOW! I don't think you have a problem. I think you have our solution! Fantastic.

Offline weeze

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 07:35:56 PM »
nice digs dude? B UT where are yhour EMs? gotta have a couple of EMs ya know?
 nah, looks great!
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah!", T2, Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, Cherry Bell, Astro.
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
also have the revolving door going on so some games come and go!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids and assorted other stuff.
 WTB:, Gottleib wedgehead add-a-balls!!!!!

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 10:19:29 AM »
I LIKE IT!!! :)
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN