Author Topic: So how long before it plays again?  (Read 327 times)

Offline Mamushka

• Level 8: Psi Corps
So how long before it plays again?
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:23:31 PM »
Learned my lesson on my FH where I did the playfield and cabinet at the same time  :P This time I am doing just the playfield now, going to put it back in the cabinet and get it dialed in and then at a future date restore the cabinet. Just got to the point where I had to break out the rivet press to add all the flasher domes, lights to the plastics/ramp. Going purple with this, all purple star post, flipper rubbers, bumper caps and a few other things. New playfield, plastics, ramp, etc.
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH.
Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Online FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: So how long before it plays again?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:21:26 PM »
2 weeks
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »
2 weeks

I wish :)

Have a 8 and 12 year old and all of the associated activities that go along with them :P Also this is a Illinois Pinball (IPB) playfield that I got in 2010. Contacted Cliffy for a full set of protectors and he indicated there were some minor differences with the IPB playfields (thicker, etc.) so I am CADing up the measurments and he is going to make a set of protectors specifically for my game. Will be about 4 weeks after he gets the files.
Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:28:35 AM »
if it's a keeper, there's no rush. I just picked up a dead pinball, that will stay in the family. don't think I'm even going to start working on it for 6+ months.

p.s. - cliff is awesome.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:44:30 AM »
if it's a keeper, there's no rush. I just picked up a dead pinball, that will stay in the family. don't think I'm even going to start working on it for 6+ months.

p.s. - cliff is awesome.

Well I've had it since 2000 so might as well keep it a bit longer  ;D

Yea Cliff is the man, I helped him dial in his TFTC protector almost a decade ago and he still remembered and thanked me again, great communication and he's a real down to earth guy.