Author Topic: (SOLD) Star Wars Trilogy Stand Up (Near Pensacola, Mobile)  (Read 581 times)

Offline arcadeshenanigans

• Level 1: Arrival
    • Bills Arcade Shenanigans
(SOLD) Star Wars Trilogy Stand Up (Near Pensacola, Mobile)
« on: January 09, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
$1200 - Located at zipcode 36527

I've had this SW Trilogy Stand up for a couple years, it has been a solid game.

I'm looking to add the Atari SW game, so I don't have to mortgage the farm to get one I figured I'd part with a game or two to help apply funds the purchase. SW Trilogy drew the short straw, this round.

The cabinet is decent, no real water damage or anything like that. The art has some battle damage from its time in an arcade at some point and probably careless moves.

4k video walkthrough of the cab:

Hi res photos:
http://images.eyedyllic.com/Hobbies/Star-Wars-Trilogy/n-3M2t4H/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:38:45 AM by arcadeshenanigans »
Bill

Organizer and Chief Sanitation Engineer for Gulf Coast Pinball & Arcade
www.gulfcoastpinballandarcade.com

Current GameRoom:
Pins: Williams IJ, TOTAN, AFM, STTNG, DESW
Arcades: DK, Q*Bert, Tron, Tapper, Atari Star Wars, MK 1,2,3 4, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (x2), Multi Cocktail ArcadeSD Vertical , Multi Horizontal Hyperspin
Other: Dome gaming environment, Consoles, VR

Offline arcadeshenanigans

• Level 1: Arrival
    • Bills Arcade Shenanigans
Re: (SOLD) Star Wars Trilogy Stand Up (Near Pensacola, Mobile)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
Well, it sold and what a cluster.   The guy insists that he doesn't want me to prepare it for STI before they pick it up.  "That's what I'm paying them for!"

I keep explaining, "no, you don't understand - we only had one of two STI drivers that cared to treat games correctly, brought proper tools or even help when necessary and that driver is injured.  The guy left, is ... not good.."

"No no no, I was very clear on the BOL - they will cornerboard it and wrap it."

So, moving day comes.    No advanced scheduling call from STI, I pull into my driveway from an errand and there is the truck.    I get the game moved outside and do a final operation check.   The driver, using the worst possible handtruck, gets the game and we load it on the truck, where he says his packing supplies are.    Once on the truck - he throws a blanket on top and calls it *done.*    I let him know the buyer has other packing expectations but the driver isn't having it.  I get the driver's phone number and let the buyer have it so they can work it out.

Next day, I get a call from an irate buyer, yelling at me: "I TOLD YOU NOT TO LET IT GO WITHOUT BEING CORNER BOARDED AND WRAPPED"..  It goes downhill from there..

Eventually, he gets the game and it arrives physically undamaged the is exhibiting a monitor sync issue.  I try to talk the buyer through adjusting the monitor over the phone but he's too obstinate to listen to anything and too busy complaining to actually try anything I tell him.   I send him $200 back to have the monitor serviced.    The company he chooses is determined, by virtue of a test wherein they had him unplug the remote board, that it needs a new flyback.    The game had a 9 month old recap and flyback rebuild in it, done by Buffet.    I try to explain that the monitor won't display without the remote board connected because it is essentially max/min valuing any of those adjustment pots.   Guy, still doesn't listen, too busy complaining.

The monitor chassis comes back and surprise-surprise - doing the same thing.   I hunt down a repair tech in his area, using KLOV and Arcade Collector's World Wide.   Eventually, he has a tech come out and replace the monitor, which the tech says "is perfectly fine" - with an LCD.   I am compelled to send another $200 to help.

So, all in, I buy a game and have about $1600 in it.  I sell it for $1200, spend 30+ phone calls and texts to try to help and provide $400 back in repair help.

Worst sale transaction I've ever had but at least the guy's happy, now.   Looking back, though - I should have probably donated the machine to waterfront rescue...   :)
Bill

Organizer and Chief Sanitation Engineer for Gulf Coast Pinball & Arcade
www.gulfcoastpinballandarcade.com

Current GameRoom:
Pins: Williams IJ, TOTAN, AFM, STTNG, DESW
Arcades: DK, Q*Bert, Tron, Tapper, Atari Star Wars, MK 1,2,3 4, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (x2), Multi Cocktail ArcadeSD Vertical , Multi Horizontal Hyperspin
Other: Dome gaming environment, Consoles, VR