Author Topic: 2018 Hobby Goals, Direction  (Read 390 times)

Offline arcadeshenanigans

• Level 1: Arrival
    • Bills Arcade Shenanigans
2018 Hobby Goals, Direction
« on: January 09, 2018, 11:24:01 PM »
In 2018, l see myself making some changes but keeping my game count about even.  More of a cycle of different games than growth.  What about you?  What's in store for you in this hobby for 2018?
Bill

Organizer and Chief Sanitation Engineer for Gulf Coast Pinball & Arcade
www.gulfcoastpinballandarcade.com

Current GameRoom:
Pins: Williams IJ, TOTAN, AFM, STTNG, DESW
Arcades: DK, Q*Bert, Tron, Tapper, Atari Star Wars, MK 1,2,3 4, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (x2), Multi Cocktail ArcadeSD Vertical , Multi Horizontal Hyperspin
Other: Dome gaming environment, Consoles, VR

Offline DK

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • DON'T SELL ME ANYTHING
Re: 2018 Hobby Goals, Direction
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 06:54:10 PM »
You should have put a “I don’t know” option lol
I change my mind from one day to the next. I’ll buy 10 pins and arcades then sell 15 then buy 20 more on a period of 3 months... the sickness sucks!
www.PINBALLNAPLES.com

WTB: Outer Space, Fire Queen

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 09:03:26 PM »
Its a strange hobby, find something interesting to buy, grab it, fix it, cherish it, play it, and if you loose interest in it, away it goes for something else.  However, when you find a keepsake, it gets mighty hard to let go, and sometimes when the price outweighs the item, you let it go, only to think about finding another someday...a vicious cycle.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline PinHobby

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:09:54 PM »
In 2018, l see myself making some changes but keeping my game count about even.  More of a cycle of different games than growth.  What about you?  What's in store for you in this hobby for 2018?

Same here, there are several new pins I want but I need more room, money and willingness to let some of the others go. It’s going to be an interesting year for sure 😀.
Pins: ST PRO, STTNG, ST 25th Anniversary, Bally Star Trek, South Park, POTC, Monopoly, Black Rose, TWD Prem, WOZ and MMR.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
at least no one in the poll is new to the hobby. those damm people drive the prices up. lol.

I buy dead, fix, and keep 95% of them (if my wife or son likes it, it will stay).
however, nowadays, the difference between DEAD pricing and RESTORED pricing only seems to be about 3% :P

when I started out in 2003 with arcades, DEAD would come as far off of working by maybe 75%. crap, 1 of my first games was a 5 dollar tempest.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:22:38 PM by k7 »
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value