Author Topic: So would this language have been allowed under Obama?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Mamushka

• Level 9: Grid Champion
So would this language have been allowed under Obama?
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:36:10 PM »
Rhetorical question :P The answer is no ;)

ISIS needs to understand that the Joint Force is on orders to annihilate them. So, they have two options should they decide to come up against the United States, our allies and partners: surrender or die!

If they surrender, we will safeguard them to their detainee facility cell, provide them chow, a cot and due process.

HOWEVER, if they choose not to surrender, then we will kill them with extreme prejudice, whether that be through security force assistance, by dropping bombs on them, shooting them in the face, or beating them to death with our entrenching tools.

Regardless, they cannot win, so they need to choose how it's going to be.

https://www.facebook.com/SEAC.JCS/photos/a.287915924566034.76840.287872244570402/1808460025844942/?type=3

:)
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
  • Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: So would this language have been allowed under Obama?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:33:27 PM »
No, but I care less about the language and more about the substance. The substance is that ISIS is nearly wiped out and that did not happen by accident or because of inertia from the previous administration's policies.  It happened because elections matter.  It happened because incompetent policies and people were replaced.  Like him or hate him, this is a positive change for the good people of the world, especially those in Iraq and Syria.

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:07:51 AM »
No, but I care less about the language and more about the substance.

I think the language is defining the substance, he is essentially stating the USA's handcuffs have been removed and the might and the fury of the most powerful nation that has ever existed on this planet has been given the green light to smoke their asses. I would think that when some of these people read that we are planning to; "shooting them in the face, or beating them to death with our entrenching tools" while Trump is president that they might actually believe it.

If he would have said this in Obama's tenure I bet Obama would be trying to figure out how to have him imprisoned for a hate crime. :P
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:08:22 AM »
Ha!  When I read the title of the post I thought it was referring to Trump's immigration policy of "Why do we want all these people from 'shithole countries' coming here?"
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 06:04:39 PM »
I just don't get the need for the language in a public forum.  Our enemies will twist it and use it against us.  I'm all for letting the military do their job unhindered in times of war.  If the shackles are off, then go take care of business.  Considering what ISIS has done, do we really want prisoners?

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:30 AM »
I just don't get the need for the language in a public forum.  Our enemies will twist it and use it against us.  I'm all for letting the military do their job unhindered in times of war.  If the shackles are off, then go take care of business.  Considering what ISIS has done, do we really want prisoners?

Perhaps the language is designed to demoralize? You know, a strategy that has been employed in every war at least since Sun Tzu wrote his book.

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
Perhaps the language is designed to demoralize? You know, a strategy that has been employed in every war at least since Sun Tzu wrote his book.

Sun Tzu didn't have to deal with the internet or modern media ;)  What's a demoralized jihadi going to do?  Just give up?  I suspect they are more likely to try to flee or blend in with the locals.  If they keep fighting, we get to keep killing them.

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 12:10:41 PM »
Sun Tzu didn't have to deal with the internet or modern media ;)  What's a demoralized jihadi going to do?  Just give up?  I suspect they are more likely to try to flee or blend in with the locals.  If they keep fighting, we get to keep killing them.

It appears that the jihad was growing in leaps and bounds with every win they had and they shared those wins on social media to get the message out. I would think the recent lack of wins, being blown up all over the place and knowing the Americans now had permission to beat them to death with a shovel has probable hurt their recruitment efforts. 

I think the words of Sun Tzu are still somewhat relevant in the age of the internets.  ;)