Author Topic: Dates for next year?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Dates for next year?
« on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:57 PM »
I know it is real early, but are there any dates set for next years show?
I am setting my schedule for the upcoming year. My wife almost booked a cruise on last years date. Don't want that to happen again.
Jeff
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:10:35 PM by jmsvero »
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Dates for next year?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
Usually follows IAAPA show which ends 11/16, 11/16-11/18 for FPF, but that's not official until they say so...
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »
Still working with hotels... Can't just flip a switch and sign a piece of paper, a LOT of people were very upset with the last hotel, so we are looking for something new.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 09:06:41 PM »
Well I know nothing is official yet,  but there is anticipation by IFPA that it will be November 16-18, 2018 since Free Play Florida is on the Stern Pro Circuit.  This is a HUGE thing for us!

https://www.ifpapinball.com/circuit/schedule/
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 11:48:50 PM »
Still working with hotels... Can't just flip a switch and sign a piece of paper, a LOT of people were very upset with the last hotel, so we are looking for something new.

Bill can you please elaborate on this?
I don't think Doubletree is the greatest but what were the problems?

Offline jmsvero

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 07:10:03 AM »
I never had a problem with the hotel. I thought they were very accommodating.
Jeff
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 07:43:49 AM »
I thought the Doubletree hotel was fine also.  I preferred FPF at the Crowne Plaza since the rooms and venue were both in the same building, but I understand FPF outgrew the space.

I don't recall anyone specifically complaining about the Doubletree.

From the people I speak with year after year, the main points I hear are:

1) Make sure there is an FPF.

2) Keep the dates after IAAPA (as I said, people are already thinking FPF is Nov 16-18)

3) Have the show at the chosen hotel, rather than offsite and having to commute. It doesn't have to be the Doubletree, per se.

4) Announce the official FPF info sooner in the year rather than later so out of town/state people can plan. 

We know it takes a lot of work to put on a show and we appreciate having one to attend. Thanks to all the FPF staff and volunteers for doing it each year. 

“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 11:39:33 PM »
The best thing anyone can do is get out there and get involved.. Volunteer for the show, be a part of the process of making it happen.  There's so many people in this state it shouldn't just fall on a few!

I have reached the end of my run operating shows after 7 years, most people will never truly know the blood sweat and tears that the people putting these things on really give for the events in this state. In all my time with SPF/FPF we were able to get florida on the national event scene, now to continue to grow and thrive it really needs this community to be a much bigger part, so get involved :)

Offline jmsvero

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »
Who is in charge to contact about volunteering?

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
Who is in charge to contact about volunteering?

Jim , as soon as the Board has located a venue and confirmed a date, we will post all the information.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline RussG

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 07:54:04 PM »
Hamster can you enlighten us a little more on why the Doubletree is out?

I'm just curious.  A new venue will be nice especially if they can accommodate everything you guys need.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 01:50:35 PM »
Just in case someone l@@ks...  Dates are 11/9 to 11/11/18 

http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/     home page

Caribe Royale Orlando

8101 World Center Drive

Orlando, Florida 32821
United States
1-407-2388000
http://www.cariberoyale.com/
reservations@cariberoyale.com
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
Hamster can you enlighten us a little more on why the Doubletree is out?

I'm just curious.  A new venue will be nice especially if they can accommodate everything you guys need.

Russ, Sorry, didn't see your question, hopefully this will answer your question if you had not already found it.

The new venue is 26K sq/feet ( 8K more than DT ), lots and lots of parking, way nicer rooms, way cooler pool, its a convention space, so no matter how loud we get, it wont effect guests ( they are in another building ) , WAY easier load in.

Offline jmsvero

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 06:24:53 PM »
Russ, Sorry, didn't see your question, hopefully this will answer your question if you had not already found it.

The new venue is 26K sq/feet ( 8K more than DT ), lots and lots of parking, way nicer rooms, way cooler pool, its a convention space, so no matter how loud we get, it wont effect guests ( they are in another building ) , WAY easier load in.

Sounds good to me.
jeff

Offline RussG

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 07:40:22 PM »
Bill, thanks!! Sounds great and can't wait!