Author Topic: Full Solo Trailer  (Read 335 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
Full Solo Trailer
« on: February 05, 2018, 10:29:59 AM »
! No longer available

.. and the super bowl spot:

Doesn't look too bad. Aliens look cool..

The actor playing Han Solo though.. I can see why there were worrisome reports. I don't get a good vibe off him. Admittedly it's a big role to fill but this guy they got.. I dunno.

I notice they don't actually show a lot of him in either trailer. Suspense or they know he sucks? I guess we'll find out.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: Full Solo Trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:21:25 AM »
I like Donald Glover. No idea about the other guy. Background stuff looks good, but it's easy to make a trailer that looks good. The first Phantom Menace trailer looked good enough.

One thing I do like is that Star Wars is known for the dirty "lived in" look and feel, with ships that area bit dented up, rusty at times, etc. - the Falcon definitely was all of that, and now there's a good reason to show it shiny, clean and new.

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 5: Power User!
  • Suck it
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:31:31 AM »
I never really followed the expanded universe - nor really the backstory of many of the characters.. but it seems that the trailer is making it out that Solo was at one time part of the empire or joining the empire..  anyone that has gone through the EU and read the books validate this?
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2 Conversion Cab, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' world; Street Fighter the movie, T2- the arcade, SF: CE

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
Yeah, in the expanded universe stuff (which is now non-canon - but they're recycling a lot of it back into canon, making some changes along the way), Han Solo started off as a Storm Trooper, they got ordered to do some questionable stuff - kill civilians, etc. - he objected and wound up killing his squad leader.

Trailer definitely looks like they're using that and making it an origin story.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »
Yeah if you see the superbowl trailer there's the 'signing up for the empire' bit.

It is very easy to cut together a good trailer but all the bad leaks on this really worry me. As long as I still have movie pass though i'll go because why not.. but yeah

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13:41 PM »
The Millennium Falcon looks a quite a bit different in these posters;

That's got potential, the version we see in Episode 4 should be all kinds of modified, both with extra features as well as old ones that have either broken or been knocked off over the years - so having it look more "stock" from the factory makes sense to me.

On the other hand it seems like they're trying to cram in every damn thing - Han in the Empire, Han & Lando, becoming a smuggler, The Falcon & how Han got it, Han & Chewbacca, probably the Kessel Run, no doubt Jabba will show up, etc., etc. - maybe leave something for a second movie? Maybe that's a good thing though, get ALL of the origin stuff out of the way, and if they do another one it can be a totally original adventure we've never heard about before. Maybe get Lando his own movie too. They seem to have stopped talking about the Boba Fett movie completely.

Hope it's great. I'll definitely wait for the reviews. Don't really plan to see it in the theater unless everyone says it's amazing. Feels like overload - I just saw a Star Wars movie in the theater like a month ago...

Offline King Jelly

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourDistribution.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 03:06:03 AM »
Han Solo started off as a Storm Trooper, they got ordered to do some questionable stuff - kill civilians, etc. - he objected and wound up killing his squad leader.

Sounds like Finn’s origin story was yet another recycled idea.
Florida’s Premier Pinball and Arcade Sales and Service Stores.
New location: 2 Miles West of I-75 on SR-54

Our parts department is now a walk-in store at our Lutz showroom.
Place your orders online, then pick them up and play some pinball!
Or if you prefer we can still ship the goodies to you.

Little Shop Of Games 2, 1904 Oak Grove Blvd, Lutz, FL 33559
Store: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602
Open Monday to Saturday: 12pm to 6pm
http://LittleShopOfGames.com

Offline tktlwyr

• Lord of the Slings
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 06:45:58 AM »
Sounds like Finn’s origin story was yet another recycled idea.

Who cares about Finn?  LOL. I just don't have a lot of love for the new story or characters. Not a fan of 7 or 8 at all.

I liked Rogue One.  I enjoyed the back story to fill the gap between 3 and 4.  A lot of people complain about the lack of character development but I didn't need it for that story and I certainly didn't want or need 3 movies to develop characters. Didn't work out to well for the Hobbit.

David Paz
Pins:  AC/DC Premium, Gottlieb Atlantis, BSD, EB, EBD, IMDNLE, I500, Joker Poker, NBAFB, Outer Space, Paragon, ST:TNG

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 06:06:37 PM »
Now that there's a bit more info, more trailers, etc. out I'm hoping this will be better than The Last Jedi. Not a high bar.

If they manage to make something worse than the prequels I'll actually be kind of impressed.

In any case it still feels too soon for another one. I'd rather they put out one a year max, and with at least a full year between them.
Anything more, just do a TV series.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 01:09:34 AM »
As previously stated Disney is going to suck every last ounce of Star Wars.

I'm in but only because it's the only thing playing this week and we've got a Movie Pass group that goes every thursday. That puts my commitment at about $2.. which for that, I'll take a gamble.

If I didn't have that option I might sit this one out or at least wait for reviews I trust as honestly I'm about through with Star Wars at this point.