Author Topic: Todd Rogers BANNED from TG scores?  (Read 2654 times)

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Todd Rogers BANNED from TG scores?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 05:30:56 PM »
the biggest shock to me is someone played dragster more than 1 time.
Ha!  I looked it up on youtube and gotta say, it was not a nail-biter.

I liked shooting the guy out of the cannon better. .... which I just submitted a high score to TG for.  I submitted a bajillion and six.  (An even bajillion would have been suspicious)
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 05:33:10 PM »
All jokes aside, Todd seemed like a nice enough guy at shows.
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »
I didn't look it up and I don't know the history. but doesn't he have any recordings in any format of him getting those scores? on any score on anything that's been yanked.

I could doctor a picture with ease in the late 90s (the 80s if we go crayon and wite-out). that cannot be a viable source of "proof". ever.

as far as calculations, I'm sorry: wasn't the entire design/game staff of Atari high during the entire 1980s? like a US 1978 woodie 2600 system's technology is going to act identical to another 2600 7 years later sold in Canada and whatever. or that first Atari is identical to that crap they sold under the Sears telegames brand. hey, maybe it does. every time. that would surprise me, though. compare it to the recent tech phenomenon...not every Note 7 blew up. but you think it did. ;)

this is nothing new. you just have a new tech heavy generation prodding at it more than any of us ever did.

you know. because we met chicks. ;D
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Miracleman

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 07:39:36 PM »

That being said, I love the current state of forensic review of old records to call out the cheaters.. I have a feeling there's more to come.

That is what I see as the biggest outcome of this as well.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »
5.57 is offly close to 5.51 as in graphics on the screen... the "Speed" of the hardware will have zero bearing on the output of the game, there are not two clocks one controlling game dynamics and one controlling game score.. the numbers are derived from the same set of opcodes regardless of how fast the hardware is running, its all based on clock count and opcode branch statements ( if than else ) . if you put the same input into the system at the same clock cycle, you will always get the same output.

the only possible outcome of the is:

for whatever reason the system showed a "1" instead of a "7" , those two characters are very similar on older systems...
for whatever reason the score was performed in front of and on activision hardware.. regardless if it could happen or not.. it happened. the developers verified it.

draw a line in the sand and simply say "scores after X date fall under Y rules" who knows, what happens in another 30 years when people start challenging scores of today.

what we have here is new school people trying to take down the old school numbers...

same as the "young punk" who challenges they old guy thats always been looked at as the "go to guy"
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline bamboo

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Wreck it!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »
5.57 is offly close to 5.51 as in graphics on the screen... the "Speed" of the hardware will have zero bearing on the output of the game, there are not two clocks one controlling game dynamics and one controlling game score.. the numbers are derived from the same set of opcodes regardless of how fast the hardware is running, its all based on clock count and opcode branch statements ( if than else ) . if you put the same input into the system at the same clock cycle, you will always get the same output.

the only possible outcome of the is:

for whatever reason the system showed a "1" instead of a "7" , those two characters are very similar on older systems...
for whatever reason the score was performed in front of and on activision hardware.. regardless if it could happen or not.. it happened. the developers verified it.

draw a line in the sand and simply say "scores after X date fall under Y rules" who knows, what happens in another 30 years when people start challenging scores of today.

what we have here is new school people trying to take down the old school numbers...

same as the "young punk" who challenges they old guy thats always been looked at as the "go to guy"

so do you think he did it or nah?

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »
unknown, i can't say yes or no.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

Offline Miracleman

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 08:07:53 AM »
so do you think he did it or nah?

I really don't think anyone 'attacked his family' about any of this,
and anytime a politician or someone under fire in the public eye retires to
"spend time with their family' or uses 'family' in their reason, it does not speak well to innocence...

Offline ProfessorDan

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 10:53:12 AM »
Twin galaxies was financially funded and corrupted with the exemption of a few. I don’t have to read forums or watch a movie because when the first book was being published I was in the line of fire shaking my head saying to myself “incredible what people do for a spotlight/legacy”. I been asked to lie about a score that never existed and also was sitting next to a player who was verbally submitting scores left and right. The 984 page simply needed to get printed under any means necessary. Now you’re starting to see the aftermath. A few years back a clueless Jace Hall took ownership of it because all he wanted was the name and say “establish scorekeeper since 1981” which says a lot considering how much money and popularity Esports is today.
Back to the conversation, 5.51 is not possible, like I mentioned before there’s no need to get into details because it already has been proven by Ben the game programmer and his tool assisted project. I would also add my two cents, every Todd Rodgers score on twin galaxies was something like this :

Taz : 999,999
Bugs bunny: 999,999
Tree : 999,999
(add 5,000 more examples)

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
yea todd is pretty damn good isn't he

Back to the conversation, 5.51 is not possible, like I mentioned before there’s no need to get into details because it already has been proven by Ben the game programmer and his tool assisted project. I would also add my two cents, every Todd Rodgers score on twin galaxies was something like this :

Taz : 999,999
Bugs bunny: 999,999
Tree : 999,999
(add 5,000 more examples)
P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.

Offline ProfessorDan

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »

Offline Miracleman

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 11:37:59 PM »
Wow, that sure comes off bad, based on that I'm surprised Ben didn't call him out on it...

Offline k7

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 01:01:42 AM »
if only that 14 year old knew what a 48 year old was going to do 36 years later in the year 2018.

he could have used that knowledge to kill the kardashians and kanye. :(

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline the architect

• Tournament pinball is fun
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 02:54:25 PM »
Every time I think Pinball guys are weird, I just take a look at the arcade guys.
Jumping jack, rush pro, argosy,

On loan- LUCKY HAND