Author Topic: Avoid PayPal  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
Re: Avoid PayPal
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 02:13:27 PM »
I tripped several paypal freezes back when I was selling on eBay regularly. The good news is that they always cleared up very quickly (like within 24 hours). I only used the FNF option for actual FNF. A couple of things I learned about using Paypal:

1) If more than roughly 20% of your total paypal transactions are FNF, then they will investigate. They don't really care if this is an inconvenience to you, because if you are only using paypal as an FNF user, then they aren't really making enough money off of you anyway.

2) Large (over $1k) are always noticed. Never give a deposit of more than $500 on something through paypal, and never send it as FNF.

3) Paypal doesn't care. They are a financial institution, regardless of what they try to get people to believe. Expect the same crap from them that you would any other bank. Yes, you have more freedom because it is online, but that freedom is also the source of abuse.

4) Paypal doesn't care...Paypal doesn't care...Paypal doesn't care. Always document EVERYTHING regarding your paypal transaction for when you have an investigation. This is just like a bank investigation. Be prepared with documents, emails, messages, and tracking #'s.

I have been investigated by paypal 6 times so far, and so far, every time I've won. I've had people claim all sorts of things in an attempt to get their money back from me after they have their goods, but their scams haven't worked yet. Reason? I play it straight, every time. Usually the disputor doesn't have their ducks lined up nearly as well as I do.

-Dan

Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.