Author Topic: Miami Pinball : Closing Permanently this Saturday? Out of Business  (Read 909 times)

Offline JeepDude

• Level 5: Power User!
Have heard this Sat is their last day before being closed permanently?
Can anyone confirm?
VIDS: Daytona USA 2, Scud Race "PLUS", Ford Racing, Grid, SR3, Sega: F-Zero AX Deluxe, 2Spicy, Mame

WMS/BALLY: Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, Champion Pub, Addams Family, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire, Twilight Zone, Star Trek TNG, Cactus Canyon Continued, Congo, AFMrLE

STERN: Transformers LE,  Star Trek LE, Hulk LE,Spider-Man Black LE, AC/DC Luci, Metallica LE, TRON Blue Edition, Walking Dead LE, Game Of Thrones LE, CSI, Ghostbusters LE, RBION

JJP: WOZ 75th LE, Hobbit LE, Dialed In LE, POTC LE

Heighway: Alien LE, Full Throttle

American PB: Houdini

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Miami Pinball : Closing Permanently this Saturday? Out of Business
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:23:47 PM »
Pinball is suppose to be growing, not loosing places...let's hope not.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:29:51 PM »
That would stink. There is supposed to be a tourney there on the 24th
"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
    • Gamestencils.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:31:37 PM »
It got a case of MS.
VIDS:  Star Wars, Reactor, Nibbler, Marble Madness, Kaboom, Black Widow, Centipede,  Eagle, Space Ace, Gunfight, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Mappy, Star Trigon
PINS:IM, GBLE, DW
CURATOR: Atari Hercules

Offline DK

• DON'T SELL ME ANYTHING
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:09:47 AM »
It got a case of MS.
DAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNNN!
SOPR, IMVE, ST Pro, TRON, SM, METLE, GOT, NBAFB, FT, Shadow, TOM, TAF, BSD, MB, SF, CFTBL, Paragon, FH, Lightning, WW, FGordon, QS, Centaur, Bally PB, SShuttle, Fathom, EBDLE, QDraw, Atlantis, IDragon, JJack, CBell, FB, JPrincess

WTB: 2 Player EM Gottlieb pins...

Offline 72

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 01:41:22 AM »
Hello. I work at Miami Pinball and there’s going to be some changes. Some machines are going to get relocated while others are going north. Ninja lounge is building an arcade with redemption, nascar simulators , virtual reality and roughly about 40 pinball. The Dezer museum is currently moving to Orlando and Xtreme Racing park is also joining in bringing Go Karts. My last day is Thursday, I’m happy & sad. :)

Michael Dezer net worth is 3 billion dollars. lol at “out of business?” And no, MS had absolutely nothing to do with it. As a contracted project manager he put the place up and running in 90 days. I understand he has a reputation but the machines don’t. You’re not supporting him, you’re hurting the numbers by not showing up and that’s what matters to Dezer, money not politics.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:06:02 AM by 72 »

Offline RussG

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 03:03:58 AM »
Some of this seems cryptic or inside knowledge.
Using acronyms also not always clear.
Who is MS?

Can you please explain more?

Who's not going? The community?

Sad to say a business model that doesn't work, doesn't work and if this was too big or too grand and can't pay for itself OR if the owner is only interested in profit, well, then it's not really a pure outlet of passion then is it?
Especially if the "owner" is worth what you say and can stay open and it wouldn't matter anyway.
Just my two sense based in my limited knowledge. Sad to say I never was able to make it down.
It sure looks nice though and something to be proud of. I know some great villagers on here had a hand in it.
Thanks to them for their efforts.

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • APE Man
    • Florida APE
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:37 AM »
Its all sorry to hear of a pinball place going down, but they are just changing stuff around from what I heard.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:32:35 AM by Marcel G »
www.pinwerks.com
South Florida-based repair and restoration service

www.floridaape.com
That bad ass show ran by a nutty dude

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 05:55:28 AM »
Hello. I work at Miami Pinball and there’s going to be some changes. Some machines are going to get relocated while others are going north. Ninja lounge is building an arcade with redemption, nascar simulators , virtual reality and roughly about 40 pinball. The Dezer museum is currently moving to Orlando and Xtreme Racing park is also joining in bringing Go Karts. My last day is Thursday, I’m happy & sad. :)

Michael Dezer net worth is 3 billion dollars. lol at “out of business?” And no, MS had absolutely nothing to do with it. As a contracted project manager he put the place up and running in 90 days. I understand he has a reputation but the machines don’t. You’re not supporting him, you’re hurting the numbers by not showing up and that’s what matters to Dezer, money not politics.

Sorry to hear that but perhaps if he had not hired theif-con-artist Manny Sosa in the first place, more pin fans would have showed up. From posts i've seen elsewhere, the guy literally gave them a bad reputation even before they officially opened up their doors.

Offline tktlwyr

• Lord of the Slings
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 06:34:14 AM »
As 72 said, Miami Pinball is not closing.  Rebranding/renaming/reinventing itself may be more appropriate. This also has nothing to do with Manny.  After the 24th, they're moving approximately 42 pins to the cafeteria in the back building with VR, redemption, racers and karting  They're also changing to a modern pin format so they can install card readers.  No more flat rate.  Swipe to play.

Personally, I always felt this was a bad location for a pure pinball environment.  That far east, with Miami traffic definitely limits your audience.  Hell, even from west Pembroke Pines, it was all highway until you hit 163rd Street and still takes 45 minutes for me to get there.  Hopefully, the upcoming changes will make the business more viable. 

The remainder of the pins will be moved out starting this weekend and sent to other locations.

Here's your anticipated game list:

Lord of the rings
Elvis
Roadshow
Twilight Zone
Attack from Mars
Cirqus Voltaire
The Adams Family
Dialed In
Family Guy
Theatre of magic
The walking dead
Ghostbusters
Sopranos
Game of Thrones
Wrestle mania
Batman 66
Batman driving
Batman forever
Batman dark night
Batman data east
Avengers
Spider-Man
Iron man
Kiss (new)
AC/DC
Guns & Roses
Aerosmith
Star Wars (new)
Star Wars (old)
Star strek (new)
Star strek next generation
Dracula
Grand Prix
Transformers
Dirty Harry
Jurassic Park
Demolition man
Terminator 3
Terminator 2
Last action hero
Indiana Jones
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:48:51 AM by tktlwyr »
David Paz
Pins:  AC/DC Premium, BSD, EB, EBD, Joker Poker, Outer Space, Paragon, ST:TNG, TWD Pro

Offline tktlwyr

• Lord of the Slings
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 07:44:38 AM »
Forgot to mention, there is no IFPA tournament scheduled for the month of March due to the changes being implemented. 

After the move is made to the other building, I will evaluate the new space for tournament pinball and speak with management to determine what accommodations they will be willing to make for us.  If we cannot be properly accommodated, I will no longer host monthly tournaments at this location.
David Paz
Pins:  AC/DC Premium, BSD, EB, EBD, Joker Poker, Outer Space, Paragon, ST:TNG, TWD Pro

Offline 72

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 09:00:37 AM »
Forgot to mention, there is no IFPA tournament scheduled for the month of March due to the changes being implemented. 

After the move is made to the other building, I will evaluate the new space for tournament pinball and speak with management to determine what accommodations they will be willing to make for us.  If we cannot be properly accommodated, I will no longer host monthly tournaments at this location.

Hopefully the new place works out for you & sorry to hear about the no tournament on March. Miami Pinball was for playing not get involved with MS unfortunately Dezer and Ninja lounge had/have other plans. Had I known this I would of stayed with Primetime to enjoy more Pinball!

Offline Triglyph

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 09:38:43 AM »
Honestly the new format sounds like it makes sense for them, they clearly never had the right infrastrucure to set up and maintain that collection. Hoping the tournaments can continue somewhere the games end up.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 09:48:24 AM »
Definitely hoping the older games make it someplace local for the community to enjoy.  I love playing those. :)
"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president

Offline 72

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
Some of this seems cryptic or inside knowledge.
Using acronyms also not always clear.
Who is MS?

Can you please explain more?

Who's not going? The community?

Sad to say a business model that doesn't work, doesn't work and if this was too big or too grand and can't pay for itself OR if the owner is only interested in profit, well, then it's not really a pure outlet of passion then is it?
Especially if the "owner" is worth what you say and can stay open and it wouldn't matter anyway.
Just my two sense based in my limited knowledge. Sad to say I never was able to make it down.
It sure looks nice though and something to be proud of. I know some great villagers on here had a hand in it.
Thanks to them for their efforts.

MS : Manny Sosa. He’s not well liked. I pretty much explained what I know. The first time I walked inside Miami pinball and was told the 10 dollar fee covers the entire day I actually paid 20 lol. I was already on the payroll and got offered additional hours at Miami pinball. Manny Sosa was hired as the project manager to put the place together, he did in 90 days. As far as plans go it was all last minute from my understanding because when I spoke to HR for unrelated issues, they had no clue what was happening. Manny Sosa had zero influence in the decisions Miami pinball made. Was all this planned ahead of time? Was money an issue because they thought it would generate more? I don’t know and I won’t ask. When I heard of the changes Manny & I decided to move on and not be part of ninja lounge ownership. Michael owns 8 museum and from my understanding doesn’t have the same passion for pinball as he does for cars. Maybe he does and this was a tease :)