Author Topic: Miami Pinball : Closing Permanently this Saturday? Out of Business  (Read 4565 times)

Offline ProfessorDan

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: Miami Pinball : Closing Permanently this Saturday? Out of Business
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
Definitely hoping the older games make it someplace local for the community to enjoy.  I love playing those. :)

Yesterday I was told to do an inventory. 151 pinballs total and if I find out what’s staying or leaving where I’ll keep you guys updated.

Offline NormaJ

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »
I would be curious to know what's going to happen to some of those EM's. Maybe one could find its way to a new home? Hint-hint.

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 10:42:54 AM »
I would be curious to know what's going to happen to some of those EM's. Maybe one could find its way to a new home? Hint-hint.

Agreed. I'd be interested as well.

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »
Call MS. everything is for sale. It's been that way for awhile
P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.

Offline bamboo

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Wreck it!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 01:54:24 PM »
Hello. I work at Miami Pinball and there’s going to be some changes. Some machines are going to get relocated while others are going north. Ninja lounge is building an arcade with redemption, nascar simulators , virtual reality and roughly about 40 pinball. The Dezer museum is currently moving to Orlando and Xtreme Racing park is also joining in bringing Go Karts. My last day is Thursday, I’m happy & sad. :)

Michael Dezer net worth is 3 billion dollars. lol at “out of business?” And no, MS had absolutely nothing to do with it. As a contracted project manager he put the place up and running in 90 days. I understand he has a reputation but the machines don’t. You’re not supporting him, you’re hurting the numbers by not showing up and that’s what matters to Dezer, money not politics.

One of my racing buddies said this to me a couple months back  (they know nothing about Pinball) that there was a giant pinball and car place opening in Orlando, and I told them they were confused and it was actually in Miami. 

I guess I was wrong. 

So it's coming to Orlando?

Brian

I guess I was wrong,.

Offline ProfessorDan

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 02:28:42 PM »

One of my racing buddies said this to me a couple months back  (they know nothing about Pinball) that there was a giant pinball and car place opening in Orlando, and I told them they were confused and it was actually in Miami. 

I guess I was wrong. 

So it's coming to Orlando?

Brian

I guess I was wrong,.

Michael Dezer bought the artegon mall and is moving his car collection. Not sure what else is going to be there, heard multiple stories and nothing is confirmed.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:33:36 PM by 72 »

Offline ProfessorDan

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 03:56:09 PM »
Sorry to hear that but perhaps if he had not hired theif-con-artist Manny Sosa in the first place, more pin fans would have showed up. From posts i've seen elsewhere, the guy literally gave them a bad reputation even before they officially opened up their doors.

I’m working Monday through Thursday from 11am to 9pm alone since January without Manny Sosa here staring at 151 pinballs on free play with an average customer base of 9 people per day. They can keep the politics and fly a kite with it. THANKS for not showing up in advance to anyone if that’s the case, this has been a dream come true! Happy Valentine’s Day! Muah & hugs

Offline Ron Donohue

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • My Gameroom
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 04:10:31 PM »
I only went there once, due to the distance from my home and the large collection I have available to me.  I do not know the politics nor do I care about them.

I am sorry that it did not work out, as I know some Miami guys who lived nearby who enjoyed having it there.  It is a very difficult business, and the value proposition is very hard to get right.  I did not understand the location, but I do not know Miami, so maybe there was something to recommend it that I did not know.

Thanks to those who worked hard to make this available for tournaments and for players to experience some great older games that are not available in many places.  I hope that whatever the new incarnation turns out to be, it is more successful and people continue to be able to play this collection, be it in one place or in several locations.

Ron

Offline ProfessorDan

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »
I only went there once, due to the distance from my home and the large collection I have available to me.  I do not know the politics nor do I care about them.

I am sorry that it did not work out, as I know some Miami guys who lived nearby who enjoyed having it there.  It is a very difficult business, and the value proposition is very hard to get right.  I did not understand the location, but I do not know Miami, so maybe there was something to recommend it that I did not know.

Thanks to those who worked hard to make this available for tournaments and for players to experience some great older games that are not available in many places.  I hope that whatever the new incarnation turns out to be, it is more successful and people continue to be able to play this collection, be it in one place or in several locations.

Ron

Well said Ron and thank you and yes those involved with the two tournaments. Hopefully there’s more to come.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
manny didn't kill Miami pinball. actually, the only way i knew he had something going on there was his purchasing off of craigslist for any pinballs for the months leading up to their opening the doors.

I am actually surprised that there's no advertising for it that I've heard at all, thru any format except the village. of course, I'm in palm beach county, so that may be it.

silverball museum, tony's delray cigar/pinball store, the APE shows, the pinball lounge...I've heard of these places/events outside of the village.

great effort for what was built very quickly. and keeping even 1/2 those pinballs running is a challenge I would bet.

best of endeavors for anyone who worked on this location and their future.  :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »
I am actually surprised that there's no advertising for it that I've heard at all, thru any format except the village. of course, I'm in palm beach county, so that may be it.

There was radio advertising and a spot on Deco Drive, in addition to Facebook.

https://wsvn.com/entertainment/play-any-kind-of-pinball-machine-at-miami-pinball-museum/
David Paz
AFMrSE, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, FFPre, GZPre, Hot Tip, IMDNLE, IM, Joker Poker, Paragon, Pulp Fiction: Bad Mother Flipper Edition, Rush LE, WW and Wild Card

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 08:44:54 PM »

https://wsvn.com/entertainment/play-any-kind-of-pinball-machine-at-miami-pinball-museum/

distance, then. :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline ProfessorDan

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »

I remember setting up that game for the Deco Drive guy to come film himself standing in front of the game. 346,820 on the first ball inside a multi ball with an extra ball only to drain the balls. Of course I had to have my best game during a commercial taping.

Offline ProfessorDan

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 11:46:33 AM »
Hello i'll like to add the final words and put behind this wonderful experience I had at Miami Pinball to rest. Not sure if this is my last day or Monday. As you can see things change here by the minute. I wasn't there from the start but worked 10 hours shifts with no lunch (11am - 9pm Monday through Thursday) to do what i can and see it stay. I lost hours in the process for covering shifts on my days off and didn't care about the money. Never came late, never left early, money was never an issue on the deposits and to my surprise didn't play pinball on my shift. perfect employee lol j/k :)

I'm just writing this so I so can put to rest some rumors that were misleading. In the month of December we made $9053. I was present and helped closed the month. So it's impossible "anyone took $10,000". Manny Sosa was keeping the money with him and responsible for it until the end of the month. He made the full deposit for the month of December, January 1th. I took Manny Sossa to the bank and saw him withdraw all of it. This past month wasn't an issue because we had our deposit slips unlike December where the money stayed in a machine or his pocket until the end of the month for him to submit it. Also, no machines caught of fire? I don't understand where all these stories came from and honestly don't care. I don't think any of this influenced the decision to close but I was told Ninja Lounge the new owners and Michael Dezer wasn't happy about all this nonsense.

For those of you who don't know Manny Sossa or do, I just want to say i'm not defending him. But I flipped multiple games with him and never said anything because if it gets into the wrong mouth who knows what stories come out of that. Smooth transactions and made money AND WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP FLIPPING BECAUSE THERE'S A TON MORE GAMES. The games I invested my money on were seen and agreed on by the customer first. NO OBLIGATIONS and fully working. If any problems were there, (ie: light buld etc) it was explained ahead of time from A to Z. The games went from one collector to another privet without drama.  Some of them were outside of Florida while others were local.

Thank you David , the tournament players and the rest that showed up!

PS: SOME game(s) are for sale. Which one(s) ? don't know. I would suggest to contacting Ninja Lounge not Manny or myself.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:04:31 PM by 72 »

Offline Pinsanity

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2018, 12:29:06 PM »
Sad to hear this. I enjoyed it when I went down to Miami but was thinking there is no way this business model was sustainable. Living in Orlando I’m curious to see what they do over at Artegon mall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pins: TWD Prem, STH prem, Twilight Zone, Alien LV, Jaws Premium, Time Machine - DE