Author Topic: Purple Rain Cafe An 80's Retro Arcade and Restaurant.  (Read 352 times)

Offline scorpion

• Level 2: Villager
Purple Rain Cafe An 80's Retro Arcade and Restaurant.
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:49:57 AM »
Hello Everyone.

We are not open as of yet.  We had a lot of problems finding insurance for a 1957 wooden building that does not have sprinklers and we have the liabilities of having a bar (beer and wine), delivery drivers and God forbid the insurance nighmare of fryers!  We finally found a great company that provided a great price to provide the million dollar liability and to cover the cost of the video games should something happen and all of the other layers such as wind and flood and so forth.

We just got the  key to the building last week and we just moved in a lot of warehoused arcade games that need lots of attention before they are ready for the task. The ones that are looking pretty and finally working are Turbo, Space Encounters Cocktail Missile Command, Hammer Away and a few others.

Asteroids has a sandblasted control panel with new overlay but the high voltage on the CRT needs the voltage doubler trick to get the bloom off the screen. Turbo number two was an empty box a few weeks ago and Russel had a board set and we set to getting a subwoofer speaker installed and getting it running again. There are two centipedes that will need track ball rebuilds, there is a Super Breakout and a Sea Wolf that is not working and we have not looked at those two as of yet to see what they need. I am looking at the Galaga 3 to see what that needs in the next day or two.  I have a phoenix cab and now I am looking for a CRT monitor and board set for it.

I look forward to seeing you all when we finally get everything ready to roll for a soft opening.

Menu consist on the bun: burgers, fried fish and chicken. Fish and fries, and so much more.
Apps are nachos, fish bites, gator bites, loaded potato skins, texas cheese fries, and more.

If you have any questions feel free to text me at 321 759 3769

I am on the look out for any 80's toys, posters, and memorabilia.  If you have something of extreme value or it is collectable I will not be looking for these as I would rather find unwanted items that are collecting dust in a back closet somewhere and you would like to see these go to a good home.  Let me know how much you want for the items. 

Your help is greatly appreciated!

I look forward to having contest on video games and pinball machines with payouts!

If you know any 80's rock cover bands that are really good give them my number and have them contact me if they travel to the Rockledge area!

Thanks!
Walter Young
Why is there always enough time to go back and fix it right a second time??

Offline Neilhdz

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Purple Rain Cafe An 80's Retro Arcade and Restaurant.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:30:50 PM »
We need an address !

Offline scorpion

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 06:40:40 AM »

The address is 4657 US Hwy 1 suite B, Rockledge Fl 32955. (Suite A is the used car lot house just to our right)

The restaurant is located in a strip center called Peddler's Village.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.2758362,-80.6925592,733m/data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.2760267,-80.6933428,3a,58.7y,64.82h,92.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sU2OOJM7J3cNhWiteQBgeQg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Why is there always enough time to go back and fix it right a second time??

Offline maltinej

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »
any pinball?

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 06:27:21 PM »
any pinball?

I drove by and did not see any from inside the window. Not to say some will not be added. I know Walter has a collection somewhere.