Author Topic: Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2018  (Read 249 times)

Offline jammadude

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2018
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make an official post to promote the upcoming 5th-annual Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta June 8-10, 2018! We've continued to grow the number of games available to play and increase both the size of the show and the variety of stuff to do over the weekend. We're still adding guests, but this year in addition to John Jacobsen, we've got pinball designer (and voice of Shao Khan from MK) Steve Ritchie, and we'll feature live music from Bit Brigade. This year we're adding more arcade and console tournaments, and have several surprises up our sleeve.

We just released our latest promo video, so check it out below. If you're thinking about coming, memberships are still just $55 for the whole weekend until March 12! So don't miss out! I will even throw a $5 off code. JUST use the coupon VILLAGE when checking out

Check out our 2018 Promo Video:

Don't forget, in addition to arcade and pinball games, we have tabletop gaming, vendors, an independent film festival, and even Live wrestling. Learn more at

Offline mcluvin

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »
Missed last year, but gonna try to make it this year.  Between this, touring the TWD filming sites, and collecting Georgia Trilobites at a location a couple hours outside Atlanta, should be a fun weekend!

Me, the wife, and one kid are booked.  Looking forward to some wrastling!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:21:54 PM by mcluvin »

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:46:08 AM »
I had a great time last year. Looking forward to going again this year.
No children were harmed during this forum posting.

Offline NoCashValue

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:15:34 PM »
Just added Orin Day as a guest to the show. He's a pinball programmer with over 20 games to his credit and he's worked for Data East, SEGA, and Stern pinball, so I'm sure he has tons of stories.

Also, just confirmed wrestling is back for TWO nights again. I think we're the only gaming show with live wrestling! Also, our charity this year is Project Pinball who donates pinball machines to children's hospitals. Be on the lookout for a super-duper rare whitewood playfield in the silent auction this year!

We've almost sold out of hotel rooms, so be sure to book now if you haven't already!

Offline VictorC

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
Can't wait to get back...
Current: FishTales, GB, Pro Football, Grand Slam,  ES, NASCAR, NGG,  Multicade, ICB, Rock-Ola, Centipede
For Sale: AFM, Jurassic Park

Past Games: King Pin, Flying Carpet, HH EM Rifle, North Star, Ironman, Avatar, Maverick, CFTBL, DE Starwars, DigDug, Virtual Pin, FT x2, Baywatch, BK2K, WH20, Scared Stiff, HSII, Jack*bot, HH, CV, ToTAN, NF, Maverick, ST:TNG, Gladiators, Whirlwind, WCS94, ToM, Flintstones, FishTales
Wanted: ToM, Air Aces, Bon Voyage