Author Topic: Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2018  (Read 1176 times)

Offline jammadude

• Level 1: Arrival
Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2018
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make an official post to promote the upcoming 5th-annual Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta June 8-10, 2018! We've continued to grow the number of games available to play and increase both the size of the show and the variety of stuff to do over the weekend. We're still adding guests, but this year in addition to John Jacobsen, we've got pinball designer (and voice of Shao Khan from MK) Steve Ritchie, and we'll feature live music from Bit Brigade. This year we're adding more arcade and console tournaments, and have several surprises up our sleeve.

We just released our latest promo video, so check it out below. If you're thinking about coming, memberships are still just $55 for the whole weekend until March 12! So don't miss out! I will even throw a $5 off code. JUST use the coupon VILLAGE when checking out

Check out our 2018 Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKsk55EfD48

Don't forget, in addition to arcade and pinball games, we have tabletop gaming, vendors, an independent film festival, and even Live wrestling. Learn more at www.GameATL.com

Offline mcluvin

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »
Missed last year, but gonna try to make it this year.  Between this, touring the TWD filming sites, and collecting Georgia Trilobites at a location a couple hours outside Atlanta, should be a fun weekend!

Me, the wife, and one kid are booked.  Looking forward to some wrastling!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:21:54 PM by mcluvin »

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:46:08 AM »
I had a great time last year. Looking forward to going again this year.

Offline NoCashValue

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:15:34 PM »
Just added Orin Day as a guest to the show. He's a pinball programmer with over 20 games to his credit and he's worked for Data East, SEGA, and Stern pinball, so I'm sure he has tons of stories.

Also, just confirmed wrestling is back for TWO nights again. I think we're the only gaming show with live wrestling! Also, our charity this year is Project Pinball who donates pinball machines to children's hospitals. Be on the lookout for a super-duper rare whitewood playfield in the silent auction this year!

We've almost sold out of hotel rooms, so be sure to book now if you haven't already!

Offline VictorC

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
Can't wait to get back...
Current: Shadow, FishTales, GB, Pro Football, ES, NASCAR, NGG,  Multicade, ICB, Rock-Ola, Centipede
For Sale: AFM, Jurassic Park

Past Games: Grand Slam, King Pin, Flying Carpet, HH EM Rifle, North Star, Ironman, Avatar, Maverick, CFTBL, DE Starwars, DigDug, Virtual Pin, FT x2, Baywatch, BK2K, WH20, Scared Stiff, HSII, Jack*bot, HH, CV, ToTAN, NF, Maverick, ST:TNG, Gladiators, Whirlwind, WCS94, ToM, Flintstones, FishTales
Wanted: ToM, Air Aces, Bon Voyage

Offline Tecumseh Plissken

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • We were buddies Harold. You , me , & Fresno Bob
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »
 8)  Wrastlin !!!!

Offline bobbzillah

• Level 3: Hologram
  • Not last!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 01:09:34 PM »
I had a great time last year. Looking forward to going again this year.

Just bought Steve and I's tickets a couple days ago!

Offline MIKE96

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
The South Fl crew will be there like every year, always a great time & awesome show can't wait.
WTB: Anteater,Time Pilot, Wacko, Flicky (uprights)
Astroblasters,Wizard or Wor, Crazy Climber (cabarets)

Offline jammadude

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 01:36:09 PM »
Just wanted to relay a few updates that were released yesterday.

Some of your favorite pinball games wouldn't be the same were it not for the skills of our newest guest, Orin Day. Mr. Day was part of the development team of Data East Pinball and remained on board when that company became SEGA pinball, and finally stayed through the transformation into the Stern Pinball we all continue to enjoy to this day. Mr. Day has programmed and developed software for over 20 of the best games in pinball including Baywatch, Independence Day, South Park, and more. We're glad to have Mr. Day as a special guest at SFGE 2018!

With your help, over the past two years we have been able to donate thousands of dollars to feed hungry families at the Atlanta Community Food Bank. This year, we've decided to partner with an organization who has been an important and impactful presence at SFGE since day one, Project Pinball. Through the dedication of founder Daniel Spolar and countless volunteers, Project Pinball has been able to bring joy to children facing tremendous health challenges. Recently, Project Pinball has been able to place and dedicate a new pinball machine in Ronald McDonald House Charities Atlanta to add to their numerous other donations across the country. 100% of this year's silent auction proceeds will benefit this worthwhile organization.

THATS RIGHT it's back for a third straight year, we're thrilled to welcome Atlanta Wrestling Entertainment to the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo! These high-flying performers will blow you away with their strength and skill on both Friday and Saturday nights! Trust us, if you've never attended an AWE event, you'll love what's become an expected part of SFGE. More details will be announced closer to the event, so be on the lookout!

Offline jammadude

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »

Athens-based Bit Brigade has rocked a lot of stages with their NES-inspired music, but they've never played the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo...until now! Come hear them at #SFGE2018!

http://www.bitbrigade.com/