Author Topic: what weird / dumb things do you collect or have? (outside of pinball, arcade...)  (Read 2396 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
i also throw older coins in a small tupperware container. i plan to give it to jake when he asks me for money. :)

still have various playfields, backglasses, japanese laptops, license plates, street signs (most were paid for! :P )

I also seem to collect import 5 speeds, because no one knows how to drive a manual at the auctions...

oh, and fake checks...luckily, those are very easy to collect.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:07:22 PM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Rich Jax

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • ...and sometimes the baar eats you.
Metal advertising signs, Coke machines and 80's Honda scooters.

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
I collect Hockey Jersey's, all types, and have over 150 jerseys.. a lot of Game Worn jerseys (I limit most of my current collecting to game worns), classic jerseys, Big name player jerseys (Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, etc.), and a ton of Tampa Bay Lightning jerseys.  A bulk of my collection is also Goalie jerseys (I play ice hockey as a Goalie).   

Always looking for cheap NHL, AHL and ECHL jerseys and I can usually snag a good one here and there from someone that has it stashed in their closet and hasn't got it out in many years.  I am still looking for Tallahasse Tiger Sharks, Jacksonville Lizard Kings, Ice pilots, Everblades, Solar Bears, etc, whenever I can get one (I don't have an Everblades or Ice Pilots yet, lol). 
LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

Offline NormaJ

I think you guys have some very interesting other hobbies!

I collect paychecks (and hope to keep collecting them). Nothing else really. But I am enjoying hearing about everyone else's.

Offline CUJO

I'd like to collect my SS benefits but the government says I'm too young   :-\
Good One Tom +1
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline PinHobby

• Level 3: Hologram
I think you guys have some very interesting other hobbies!

I collect paychecks (and hope to keep collecting them). Nothing else really. But I am enjoying hearing about everyone else's.

😁Indeed. The HO scale diecast semi trucks started way back. Have 2 wonderful daughters, no boys but they loved building and playing on a huge railroad diorama in my garage when they were very young. The collection got out of hand and they number north of 400. Diorama is long gone but the trucks are waiting for my grandson to get a little older.
Monopoly has special meaning since I was a kid. An old beat up monopoly game was one of the very few things we had to entertain ourselves during the nightly power blackouts in Habana. I did manage to collect most Monopoly games themed with my pins. (POTC, Star Trek, South Park, TWD). Can't find MM or Black Rose😁
Pins: ST PRO, STTNG, ST 25th Anniversary, Bally Star Trek,  POTC, Monopoly, Black Rose, WOZ, and Dialed In LE.

Offline MikeMaynard21

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Between collections and hobbies, Ive got quite a lot. I collect McFarlane action figures, rare backglasses, skulls, Beavis & Butthead stuff, beer glasses, and strange liquor bottles. I have bees, chickens, koi, an aquaponic garden, fruit trees, and roses. I'm also resto-modding a 1967 Mustang. There's probably more, but can't think of anything at the moment.
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Monster Bash LE, Rob Zombie Spookshow LE,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Walking Dead (sold),Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)

Offline FUNWIZ

Ok, I like to collect antique tools and obsolete stuff like a match holder for lighting lamps.  I have every tool Makita made for 7.2 and 9.6 volt batteries.  Got my first tool kit set at a garage sale down the road, and it grew from there.   
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
Test Equipment to fix arcade  and pinball machines... and Lego.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline JaxGator

• Level 5: Power User!
I collect spores, molds, and fungus

jk I have collected comic books, Star Trek die cast ships, Hot Wheels, Ghostbusters paraphernalia, Transformers (G1), Voltron toys, stamps, Panini sticker books from the 1980s, and WWF wrestling figures.  All sold over the years when I was cash poor or when my ex forced me to sell it except for a piddly amount of random stuff.
Looking for working or complete but non working examples of: Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Joust or Multi-Williams in a Joust cab

Offline Old Pin Guy

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Actually have a friend that does collect spores mold and fungus!   Really!

I collect unusual and exotic Puzzles.....heres a couple new additions:

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
I used to have a collection of shot glasses, I went to the dump's store and bought a few spice racks and then thats how Id hang them on the wall. I do not collect them anymore and now thay have been committed to the box in the shed type of life.
 Ron, some of those are actually very nice shot glasses that people like my secretary used to bring me back a shotglass from where ever they went on vacation. you interested in the shot glasses?
 I also used to belong to the BCCA, that the Beer Can Collectors of America. had a collection of noticeable different american beer cans it was over 1500 , had a entire room shelved too hold them and they did in fact cover all the walls in that room. I have since given the very large part of then to a fellow collector when I got involved in pinball machine owning. Did keep a few of the cooler ones. even got a "GOLDWATER"...."The right
drink for the conservative taste." I think it was like a 7up and they gave them out at goldwater money raisers.
any who hey RON let me know if you want those shot glasses.
Amen 
ps, still have a couple boxs of scaleelectrix 1/32 scal slot car track and a bunch of "parma" slot cars form the 70s. I should do something with those too as they alos live in the shed.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline VictorC

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Chevron Cars, Vacuum tubes, neon signs, Nintendo Yoshi characters, some vintage odds-n-ends, a few metal sculptures. Just things that catch my eye or interest.
Current: Shadow, FishTales, GB, Pro Football, ES, NASCAR, NGG,  Multicade, ICB, Rock-Ola, Centipede
For Sale: AFM, Jurassic Park

Past Games: Grand Slam, King Pin, Flying Carpet, HH EM Rifle, North Star, Ironman, Avatar, Maverick, CFTBL, DE Starwars, DigDug, Virtual Pin, FT x2, Baywatch, BK2K, WH20, Scared Stiff, HSII, Jack*bot, HH, CV, ToTAN, NF, Maverick, ST:TNG, Gladiators, Whirlwind, WCS94, ToM, Flintstones, FishTales
Wanted: ToM, Air Aces, Bon Voyage

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
Weeze, sadly my collection of shotglasses (300+) are mostly in boxes in the attic.  So, I appreciate the offer but not sure storing them in my "shed" is a better answer than storing them in your shed.  Very kind of you to offer.

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
no problem. if you ever build shelves let me know. typical americans, we cant throw anything out
 Hey I got another collection, bet yu all have it too......plastic containers, lids and all of yogurt, margarine, whatever etc etc etc. millions of them, when you re done you wash them when we should be throwing them out.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog