Author Topic: MAME Question: 2 trackballs  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Mamushka

• Level 9: Grid Champion
MAME Question: 2 trackballs
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:15:49 PM by Mamushka »
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
Re: MAME Question: 2 trackballs
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:23:35 AM »
As long as you are using a newer verion of mame then they should work.  I cant remeber how many versions ago (maybe 10) they added in multi keyboard and multi mouse support.  The line to turn on the multi mouse option is located in the mame.ini I dont have it in front of me right now so I cant tell you the exact option but all you have to do is change the 0 to a 1.

Mike

Offline rockford

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:40:12 AM »
Yep - Mike's right. Just make "multikeyboard" and "multimouse" 1 in your mame.ini.

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »
As long as you are using a newer verion of mame then they should work.  I cant remeber how many versions ago (maybe 10) they added in multi keyboard and multi mouse support.  The line to turn on the multi mouse option is located in the mame.ini I dont have it in front of me right now so I cant tell you the exact option but all you have to do is change the 0 to a 1.

Mike

I'm running mame32 0.116 (6/10/07) I found the Mame32.ini file and under input device "mouse" has a value of 1. When I tried Centipede the second mouse did not work. I went to "Input this game" in Centipede and "Track X 2 Anolog" and "Track Y 2 Anolog" had "Mouse 2 X and Mouse 2 Y" in them. I clicked them and moved the player 2 mouse and they changed to "Mouse 1 X and Y". So now both trackballs can move the "shooter guy" at any time  :-[  Any more help will be appreciated.

John
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:54:21 AM »
are you using a frontend or straight off the mame32? as they are talking about the MAME (command line) version which is easier to modify, and if you were using a frontend, then can set it load the CL Mame instead, that item from Ultimarc I dont think would solve your problem, try getting the latest .126 build of CL MAME and just dumping a couple of roms into the folder and test it and see if it works for you, then if so, grab a frontend such as MAMEWah, Mala, GameEx and play
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »
are you using a frontend or straight off the mame32? as they are talking about the MAME (command line) version which is easier to modify, and if you were using a frontend, then can set it load the CL Mame instead, that item from Ultimarc I dont think would solve your problem, try getting the latest .126 build of CL MAME and just dumping a couple of roms into the folder and test it and see if it works for you, then if so, grab a frontend such as MAMEWah, Mala, GameEx and play

I'll try the CL version, I am not much of a computer guy but I should be able to knock it out. Is one of the frontend's "easier" that than the others? The simpler the better for me  ;D

John