Author Topic: What is your latest pinball goal obsession?  (Read 2481 times)

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
What is your latest pinball goal obsession?
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:29:22 PM »
I am trying to roll College Queens.  Reached 9833 today.  Getting close. Just one more try...

What goals are you trying to reach?
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline DK

• Account retired
Re: What is your latest pinball goal obsession?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:37:00 AM »
"The Big Stack Six” on Monster Bash... I’ve gotten close but not close enough!

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:46:54 AM »
still trying to figger out how to get the big points on T2. that and finish this restoration of a King of Diamonds that Ive been working on, on and off , for 15 months now I think.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline Jpp718

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:09:04 AM »
Battle for the kingdom I came really close yesterday

Offline Pindaddy

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 08:19:20 AM »
I can't seem to make it to last man standing on walking dead pro. One day tho...

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 09:03:50 AM »
"The Big Stack Six” on Monster Bash... I’ve gotten close but not close enough!

Nice!  Great goal! Keep us posted!
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 09:06:50 AM »
still trying to figger out how to get the big points on T2. that and finish this restoration of a King of Diamonds that Ive been working on, on and off , for 15 months now I think.

The biggest single shot points on T2 are from the SJP.  Hard to get that SJP, but satisfying when you do.  There are ways to grind away to decent scores such as payback time and the right orbit shot.

Keep us posted on your scores !

Also would love to see the KoD

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »
Battle for the kingdom I came really close yesterday

Cool! Keep us posted!

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 09:08:40 AM »
I can't seem to make it to last man standing on walking dead pro. One day tho...

Don’t have ready access to a TWD,  but have read about that mode. Sounds like a great challenge. Keep us posted!

Offline NormaJ

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
Some of you would laugh at either my futility or my impossible dreams, but here goes. Keeps me busy on my games at home...

On Harley Davidson I want to see Milwaukee someday. And I refuse to use the post! Made it to 12 cities once with the help of a lot of extra balls. Getting 400 million would be nice, too.

On ACDC it would be great to get to 200 million again. Hit 150m today. It's reachable but I need to get more methodical during multiballs

Rolling Sinbad on a 3-ball game is truly the impossible dream when you can't even reliably get 400,000.

Could I ever roll Big Indian twice? With patience, who knows?

On Road Show I want to see how high I can get without extra balls. 1.5 billion isn't too bad, but I know I can do better.

On all games I am purposefully ignoring score sometimes and working on drop catches, dead flips and Shatzes. I am coming for you,  Stone!!

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »
My goal is to be able to attend a few tournaments this year.  Family beats pinball every time.  I just wish there were a few times when the two did not clash.  In the interim, I am still looking to see Valinor or Encore multiball

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 12:22:45 PM »
Some of you would laugh at either my futility or my impossible dreams, but here goes. Keeps me busy on my games at home...

On Harley Davidson I want to see Milwaukee someday. And I refuse to use the post! Made it to 12 cities once with the help of a lot of extra balls. Getting 400 million would be nice, too.

On ACDC it would be great to get to 200 million again. Hit 150m today. It's reachable but I need to get more methodical during multiballs

Rolling Sinbad on a 3-ball game is truly the impossible dream when you can't even reliably get 400,000.

Could I ever roll Big Indian twice? With patience, who knows?

On Road Show I want to see how high I can get without extra balls. 1.5 billion isn't too bad, but I know I can do better.

On all games I am purposefully ignoring score sometimes and working on drop catches, dead flips and Shatzes. I am coming for you,  Stone!!

Sounds like a good list to keep you occupied.  Never hurts to just practice skills on a game. The again if you shatz between the opposite flippers on Sinbad, that would not be so good ;)

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 12:26:08 PM »
My goal is to be able to attend a few tournaments this year.  Family beats pinball every time.  I just wish there were a few times when the two did not clash.  In the interim, I am still looking to see Valinor or Encore multiball

Would love to see the original Mr Florida at more events, but I certainly understand the priority.

Good goals to work at. Encore is on my list to reach, but can’t say I have been actively seeking it out.  When I was on my Valinor quest, it was tunnel vision.  I basically was not playing anything else :) 

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »
I will try and post some fotos on here o the finished KOD. If i cant load them Ill email them to KLASSIC GUY,,he can load anything!
 and I forgot, on my walking dead,ive NEVER been close to last man standing, I just keep trying to kill as many as I can!
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline deadlander

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »
Would love to see the original Mr Florida at more events, but I certainly understand the priority.

Good goals to work at. Encore is on my list to reach, but can’t say I have been actively seeking it out.  When I was on my Valinor quest, it was tunnel vision.  I basically was not playing anything else :)

Glad to know I’m not the only one who hasn’t gotten Encore. Man is it tough. I’ve only gotten 7 songs but the new software has me playing AC/DC a lot more. Time to finish some songs and ignore going for song jackpots.  I’m really digging the new software update hope Lyman keeps improving it. Stern just has to keep releasing vault AC/DC s editions and they will continue to tweak the code.

Ron you and Jeff are more than invited to the tourney at my house May 5th and 6th.  Would like to see your initials on my Ac/DC as encore champs!
Al
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:37:29 PM by deadlander »
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.