Author Topic: Billy Mitchell Banned?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline proteus

• Level 1: Arrival

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Billy Mitchell Banned?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:20 PM »
54 popups on that link. use google chrome and adblock to view it. :)

at least it's not as bad as all that dragster drama. :P and I moved up to 1,059,032 in the DK ranks.

personally? don't care. it makes for arcade folklore. :) I can't imagine how many people mailed in fake scores in the 80s and 90s when there were no legitimate ways to prove your score outside of a polaroid picture.

donkey kong is front and center. who's going to complain about the plaque attack world record?
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline NormaJ

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
If a high score cannot be recognized unless it is on original hardware, what is going to happen when (eventually) all the original hardware is dead?

Unfortunately, a generation from now I am hoping people even know what Donkey Kong is.

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:14:08 PM »
Wonder if Billy will still have a booth at the Pinball/Arcade shows selling his famous Hot Sauces. ;D
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94; METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DIALED IN LE 0829
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 01:21:48 PM »
It's sad to keep seeing stories like this.

I think both Todd Rogers and Billy Mitchell are very talented so it's not a situation where I think someone was just faking everything.. but obviously there are some questions.

Offline busa32927

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:23:02 PM »
lol i think it is all hilarious.  its a high score and thats it.  lol its wrestling drama for arcade people. 
vids:  MK &3, KI 1, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, NBA Jams, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab, Crystal Castles, RZ, Stargate, judge dread, and KISS

pins: TWD, Metallica, GB, IMdn, GoT, BM66 prem, SW prem, ACDC prem, ST prem, WoZ

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT

Offline Neilhdz

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
lol i think it is all hilarious.  its a high score and thats it.  lol its wrestling drama for arcade people.

To me this is exactly like finding out Hulk Hogan did steroids. While he was telling you to stay off the drugs say your prayers and drink your vitamins.

Then later to find out wrestling was predetermined/fake.

Offline RussG

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 01:51:50 PM »
Well this plays into the whole staged "King of Kong" storyline and the fact Twin Galaxies and Walter Day accepted the BS video tape with glitches and bad editing.  To me it's all fake and a story.

Offline weeze

• 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »
 I've been"following" a lot of posts for awhile on this whole deal. Look, this allowed Mitchell the opportunity to go to shows {probably paid or recieved promotional fees or whatever} along with possibly the fact that he thought he was a man to be looked up to with some sort of envy or just plain recognition. I don't know the guy outside of a thirty second conversation with him like 3 years ago. I also am not a psychologist altho I took 6 hours of Psycholgy in college years ago. The 6 hours gives me a vocabuary that people who didn't take those courses would ave, thats it, Im not a Doctor or health care person, nothing.
 With my VERY limited education in this area I still have a opinion. I think that he cruising around being THE Billy Mitchell was a huge part of what made him tick. Now its been pulled away from him. I hope he doesnt think its a conspiracy.
 With the acknowledgement that I have really no credentials and only a "civilians" understanding I think this is a very, very sad story. Maybe much more sad then we realize.
 Thats all, just my opinion, party on y'all
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah!", T2, Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, Cherry Bell, Astro.
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
also have the revolving door going on so some games come and go!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids and assorted other stuff.
 WTB:, Gottleib wedgehead add-a-balls!!!!!

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 02:45:32 PM »
No such thing as bad publicity.  I bet there will be another movie and expo tours etc.  How about King of Kong 2 - The Redemption (with extra hot sauce).

Offline busa32927

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »
well i think it will bring in a cage match or ladder match.  heck royal rumble time.

vids:  MK &3, KI 1, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, NBA Jams, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab, Crystal Castles, RZ, Stargate, judge dread, and KISS

pins: TWD, Metallica, GB, IMdn, GoT, BM66 prem, SW prem, ACDC prem, ST prem, WoZ

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT

Offline deadlander

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
I've been"following" a lot of posts for awhile on this whole deal. Look, this allowed Mitchell the opportunity to go to shows {probably paid or recieved promotional fees or whatever} along with possibly the fact that he thought he was a man to be looked up to with some sort of envy or just plain recognition. I don't know the guy outside of a thirty second conversation with him like 3 years ago. I also am not a psychologist altho I took 6 hours of Psycholgy in college years ago. The 6 hours gives me a vocabuary that people who didn't take those courses would ave, thats it, Im not a Doctor or health care person, nothing.
 With my VERY limited education in this area I still have a opinion. I think that he cruising around being THE Billy Mitchell was a huge part of what made him tick. Now its been pulled away from him. I hope he doesnt think its a conspiracy.
 With the acknowledgement that I have really no credentials and only a "civilians" understanding I think this is a very, very sad story. Maybe much more sad then we realize.
 Thats all, just my opinion, party on y'all

Party on Garth😜
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline tktlwyr

• Lord of the Slings
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 04:26:40 PM »
Party on Garth😜

Party on, Wayne!  :D
David Paz
Pins:  AC/DC Premium, Gottlieb Atlantis, BSD, EB, EBD, IMDNLE, I500, Joker Poker, NBAFB, Outer Space, Paragon, ST:TNG

Offline weeze

• 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 07:00:56 PM »
with of course a appearence of "Baberaham Lincoln" but she doesnt look so great of recent mug shots and photos.
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah!", T2, Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, Cherry Bell, Astro.
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
also have the revolving door going on so some games come and go!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids and assorted other stuff.
 WTB:, Gottleib wedgehead add-a-balls!!!!!

Offline toastbot

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 07:12:04 PM »
well i think it will bring in a cage match or ladder match.  heck royal rumble time.
You might be on to something here. What if he had to defend his title by beating someone else live, head to head during a show. Sounds better than just going by some ancient, controversial, possibly made-up score, anyway.
Pins: The Simpsons Pinball Party, Who Dunnit?
Vids: Golden Tee 2018, Tempest Cocktail, Pandora's Box 5s U/R, Ms Pac-Man Cocktail 60-in-1