Author Topic: Shipping a Pin ?  (Read 537 times)

Offline murfe88

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Shipping a Pin ?
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
Hello I am looking to get a Pin shipped in from out of State . Does anybody have any recommendations?

Paul
WOZLE #296 , Houdini,  Full Throttle, GOTG,  Rob Zombie , AMH ,  AS pro , GB pro , TWD Pro , Bubble Hockey ,Megatouch EVO ,  Rock Ola Digital Jukebox , Two Fast N Fureous Tokyo Drifts drivers, Regular Fast N Fureous driver.

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• How many points is "TILT"?
Re: Shipping a Pin ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:09:16 PM »
NAVL
It's showtime!

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »
from where? if from the southeast, maybe Jenn May can pick up, she goes up to NC all the time, however, she currently has a borked foot, Donny is heading to Allentown ( i think may 4/5th )

NAVL is the only option i can think of.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline k7

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:44:08 PM »
hope it's rare. i know i can't trust long distance sellers with all the variables of shipping, and basically relying on 1 out-of-sight seller's honesty.

that being said, if i want a game and it's in texas...well, i'm headed to texas. :) the positive of that is i would fly out, buy a truck, buy my game in-person, drive back to florida, and sell the truck for a profit. :o

and then, NAVL or Beltrann, whatever broker michelle bianchi works for now.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline murfe88

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 07:22:40 AM »
It would be coming from Missouri.  Damn one quote I got was $800.
WOZLE #296 , Houdini,  Full Throttle, GOTG,  Rob Zombie , AMH ,  AS pro , GB pro , TWD Pro , Bubble Hockey ,Megatouch EVO ,  Rock Ola Digital Jukebox , Two Fast N Fureous Tokyo Drifts drivers, Regular Fast N Fureous driver.

Offline MikeMaynard21

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:11:04 AM »
Michelle Bianchi works for STI. They handled my last game out and last game in. 260-429-3801
Rob Zombie LE, The Walking Dead Premium,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 11:42:55 AM »
It would be coming from Missouri.  Damn one quote I got was $800.

MO is only a 20 hour drive :) Road Trip it!

Fly there ( $200 to st Louis ), Rent a Grand Caravan, Drive back, < 20 Hours.  ( assuming st louis ) ..

Jenn May was just there with her trailer like 2 months ago!

http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline murfe88

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
I got a quote from Michelle for $374. I am happy with that.

Offline MikeMaynard21

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 11:54:56 PM »
I shipped a STTNG to California for $450 with STI.
Rob Zombie LE, The Walking Dead Premium,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 12:16:27 AM »
Did you know that you can ship a pinball by airplane, and to any close airport, such as Tampa International Airport?  It's shipped as standby freight, usually takes @2 weeks, and they call when it arrives, picked up at the back shipping terminal.  300-400 last time I shipped one, don't know current rates. Sure beats time there and back, and all the in between stuff....
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline k7

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »
Did you know that you can ship a pinball by airplane, and to any close airport, such as Tampa International Airport?  It's shipped as standby freight, usually takes @2 weeks, and they call when it arrives, picked up at the back shipping terminal.  300-400 last time I shipped one, don't know current rates. Sure beats time there and back, and all the in between stuff....

find out. :) can't hurt to have every option out today.

Fastenal will ship terminal to terminal for a stupid low rate. but I never heard of a cheap air-ship option. :) and 99% of "the general public people" are not willing to drive or pallet or even wrap their damm game. which makes STI/Beltmann a good option, as they come to you, get the game, and blanket/cardboard/shrink wrap the game up at your house.

uship is another good choice for getting people to bid on your ship info, but you may get Bernie in a Volvo. ;D that's all based on feedback on who's driving what and skill levels.

and insure it. every one will tell you they don't use forklifts. but they all do, at transfer terminals.

Offline MikeMaynard21

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 12:13:33 PM »
UShip is definitely a cheap option, but man is it scary. I had one delivery come in a trailer towed by a Winnebago. They said the deliveries were funding their vacation. I had another delivery come in on trailer like you local yard guy would use, including the holes in the floor, dangling tail lights, etc. But I've also had legitimate haulers as well. Michelle is still the best way to go.

Offline PinRush

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »
First time using STI. How should I wrap it to make sure it stays in the great condition it is now?
Pins: TWD Prem, ST Prem, BSD, MET Pro, IMVE

Offline gameover1173

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
Sti uses there own moving blankets and straps
So if you want to protect it better I would
Take pictures before it goes on the truck and cardboard
And shrink wrap the hell out of it
Because it just doesn’t go on one truck
It’s unloaded and reloaded multiple times
Depending on where it’s going

First time using STI. How should I wrap it to make sure it stays in the great condition it is now?

Offline k7

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
get the insurance. all the bubble wrap on earth won't stop a forklift. :)