Author Topic: Snes repaired. Deoxit is magical  (Read 771 times)

Offline gt7766c

• Level 3: Hologram
Snes repaired. Deoxit is magical
« on: April 21, 2018, 07:30:02 PM »
One of my coworker’s original snes stopped working so I offered to take a look at it.  No picture and no sound but the red led was lit.  I took it apart and started at power checking the power brick, then the internal transformer, fuse, power transistor and then the 5v at the chips. All power was correct.  ASAP. Always start at power.

Ok, now what.  Thought, well, maybe the connections were dirty. I cleaned every connection I could with alcohol first, let dry, and then deoxit. Powered right up.  That stuff is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kris

Vids:  Ms. Pac, Star Wars, NBA Jam TE, Golden Tee Complete, ARpiCADE, NeoGeo, Centipede
Pins:  Space Shuttle, Space Mission

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Suck it
Re: Snes repaired. Deoxit is magical
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:15:19 AM »
how / what all did you do to clean it all? I have an snes that is picky when putting a game in and sometimes needs a few runs in and out to get it working..
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, SF2: CE, SF: The MovieNSM hyperbeam 100 disc Jukebox,

Offline gt7766c

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 12:48:39 PM »
I think what did the trick for me was taking the 62 pin connector off the pcb and cleaning all its connections with deoxit (following the instructions). Then I took the games and wiped the pcb edges with alcohol and a qtip. Then deoxit each game working it a couple times in the 62 pin connector to break up any corrosion.  Good luck.  Here are my go tos:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kris

Vids:  Ms. Pac, Star Wars, NBA Jam TE, Golden Tee Complete, ARpiCADE, NeoGeo, Centipede
Pins:  Space Shuttle, Space Mission

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »
took the games and wiped the pcb edges with alcohol and a qtip.

plus 1 to this. i installed a new 72pin connector in a NES, and still had to do this to each game, and basically 95% issue free from then on.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.