Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 176 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
Rick and Morty
« on: May 10, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/05/rejoice-adult-swim-just-ordered-an-insane-70-more.html

At the current pace that's 7 more seasons over the course of the next 30 years or so.

Seems unlikely Dan Harmon will live to see the end of this.

He wasn't kidding:

Rick: "And then we're gonna go on even MORE adventures after that, Morty. And you're gonna keep your MOUTH SHUT about it, Morty...

..because the world is full of idiots that don't understand what's important. And they'll TEAR us apart, Morty!!

But if you stick with me, I'm gonna accomplish great things, Morty, and you're gonna be part of 'em.

And together we're gonna run around, Morty, we're gonna... do all kinds of wonderful things, Morty. Just you and me, Morty. The outside world is our enemy, Morty... we're the only.... friends we've got, Morty! It's just Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty and their adventures, Morty.. RICK AND MORTY FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS Rick and Morty.. some...things.. Me and Rick and Morty runnin' around and... Rick and Morty time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days Rick and Morty! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over Rick and Morty... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at Rick and Morty dot com w..w..w... Rick and Morty adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute Rick and Morty dot com.... w w w a hundred times... Rick and Morty dot com......."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:12:48 PM by Niloc »

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 5: Power User!
  • Suck it
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »
I really dont get the appeal of this show.. I have watched the first season and a half.. I don't find it funny.  I dont find it amusing.. granted - very little TV can even keep my attention (the reason I dont have cable and havent for over 6 years now).  Watching this on kodi.. I just dont enjoy it.. its pretty stupid actually.
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2: WW, SF2: CE, SF: The Movie, X-men Vs SF, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, Califorina speed, Crusin' world x2 Linked; Hyperbeam

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:17:43 PM »
you might need to pay more attention.  :)

some people won't get it. while others catch the tons of easter eggs hidden thruout.

not every episode is great. but they have a better percentage then most.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »
It's not as good as people make it out to be, but it's not bad.

I find about half the episodes to be well thought out and fun the other half are kinda filler.

It's more entertaining than recent South park.

Offline Neal_W

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 02:28:53 AM »
It hits all the right buttons for me. Currently the funniest animation on TV IMHO.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »
There's an old bit about how funny and sexy are similar... basically if you don't find something funny or sexy, no one is ever going to be able to convince you otherwise, and that's fine - not every show is for every person.

Personally, Rick and Morty is one of my favorite current shows, and will likely be one of my all-time favorites as well. It's comedy & sci-fi mixed - more common today than it used to be, but still not something you see a lot of. It's a good bit like Futurama, but darker and more tightly packed with jokes and concepts.

But yeah, if you didn't like the Meeseeks episode, the show probably just isn't for you.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:29:19 AM by Niloc »