Author Topic: Would the Makvision CRT Fit a Blast City?  (Read 71 times)

Offline Homerjay

• Level 3: Hologram
Would the Makvision CRT Fit a Blast City?
« on: May 18, 2018, 12:22:38 AM »
As a backup I'm thinking of getting a Makvision, before all CRTs everywhere are OOS.   Would it fit,  and would I need to buy the flat bezel too?

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/monitors/49-2715-00

I've emailed them asking for a shipping estimate... I assume it will be expensive to ship.

Offline Spicules

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Mission COMPRETE !!!
Re: Would the Makvision CRT Fit a Blast City?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 02:37:16 AM »
Haven’t heard much of anything good on the later makvisions.  I have 2x model 3129db-72  that I have never been able to get fully working after messing with for months.   My buddy bought one out of the box at auction that had some weird pincushion thing that we never got straightened out and no returns so....

Despite these being new, I would hard pass.  Just buy a spare 29” off a board member.  Be less than half the price and probably more reliable. 

Another thing is that many of these later run  crts were manufactured around the mid 2000s when everything was leaving the factory with defective caps that fail early. 

Not a good brand, with high price, high risk and high cost of shipping. 

Unless you recently won the lottery - I’d say pass.
Vids:
Custom-built Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ MVC1 ; Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ MAME;  Crowin Cab w/  60-in-1; Sega Blast City w/ "King of Air" Multi-board  ;  Let's Play Centipede/Millipede/Missile Command/Bowling 4-in-1 Upright; Dedicated Neo Geo 2-Slot w/ 161-1; Time Crisis 1 in converted 720 Cab; Midnight Resistance (generic cab)

Juke: Rowe CD-100 Starlight

- I am a former TV tech and can repair and re-cap CRT and LCD monitors in the Northwest Fla / Panhandle Area and S. GA / S. AL

Offline Spicules

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Mission COMPRETE !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 02:39:34 AM »
As for bezel - these will not fit and the bezel is for generic cabs.  The blast bezel will not fit in right, but you can cut and Dremel it.  Not recommended though - just post wtb 29” crt monitor here
Vids:
Custom-built Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ MVC1 ; Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ MAME;  Crowin Cab w/  60-in-1; Sega Blast City w/ "King of Air" Multi-board  ;  Let's Play Centipede/Millipede/Missile Command/Bowling 4-in-1 Upright; Dedicated Neo Geo 2-Slot w/ 161-1; Time Crisis 1 in converted 720 Cab; Midnight Resistance (generic cab)

Juke: Rowe CD-100 Starlight

- I am a former TV tech and can repair and re-cap CRT and LCD monitors in the Northwest Fla / Panhandle Area and S. GA / S. AL

Offline paul400

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 06:42:59 AM »
I have seen those things dead out of the box...CRAP. I would stay away. IMHO
taking on monitor chassis repair. wells gardner u2000, k7000 19 and 25 inch, k7201, k7203 , k4600, k4900, k7400, k7500 med rez. electrohome G0-7..
I can also build complete monitors with fresh burn free tubes.

Offline Homerjay

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 11:00:35 AM »
Gotcha.   Thank you guys so much for the information!   I'll keep my eye out for a great opportunity to grab a 9200 or something from a village member.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »
flat tube monitors don't work at all in a blast city, you would have to make a plexi glass "bezel" to hide the "gap"
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger