Author Topic: If you ran for political office which would you and why?  (Read 1398 times)

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: If you ran for political office which would you and why?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »
Perhaps Republican is the way to go-
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/13/nevada-pimp-ousts-three-term-lawmaker-in-republican-primaries.html

Like peas in a pod.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/nevada-brothel-owner-dennis-hof-accused-of-sexual-assault-wont-face-charges/

Thank you Trump for being the "Christopher Columbus" for the likes of Dennis Hof.  Another fine example for our children.
Pins: TAF, TSPP, FT, Goldeneye, T2, NF
Arcade: MAME, Ice Cold Beer, Defender

Online Don Panetta aka 404

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2018, 10:01:13 AM »
Perhaps Republican is the way to go-
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/13/nevada-pimp-ousts-three-term-lawmaker-in-republican-primaries.html

Like peas in a pod.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/nevada-brothel-owner-dennis-hof-accused-of-sexual-assault-wont-face-charges/

Thank you Trump for being the "Christopher Columbus" for the likes of Dennis Hof.  Another fine example for our children.

I'd vote for him. At least he has no hidden agendas.

As for being the Christopher Columbus, that would probably be JFK or Clinton. As for politicians being  an example for children. One can't be that naive.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2018, 11:34:03 AM »
I'd vote for him. At least he has no hidden agendas.
Yeah- I'm sure he is all about the average Nevada citizen.

As for being the Christopher Columbus, that would probably be JFK or Clinton.
...Was only quoting what the Vegas Pimp said himself in the article.

Offline Mamushka

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2018, 01:37:26 PM »
Agreed. IMO the endless troll fights in this forum detract from the overall sense of "community" of the Village, but until Jack finally decides that enough is enough, you do have the option of getting rid of it yourself.

You can always download a browser extension like Stylish and pick and choose what noise you'd like to remove from the site.  For me, this is what the Village looks like most of the time, which comes with the pleasant side effect of losing the Political Forum as well:

Unfortunately, this doesn't work on mobile (which is how I know that this thread exists), but it's a start.

You can see this section on your phone BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO CLICK THE LINK TO COME HERE, if this sub bothers you so much why do you come here?

Just don't click the link and you will not be subject to "the endless troll fights in this forum detract from the overall sense of "community" of the Village" it is really just that simple. The world (or this site) does not need to conform to your ideals, you can just choose not to click the link. No one is dragging you in here, you have to make an effort to come here, just stay away and you will not be subject to this sub.

I honestly do not have any idea why you or anyone else would come here if it bothers you so much, just don't click the link, just don't click it.  :P
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH.
Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »
Yeah- I'm sure he is all about the average Nevada citizen.
...Was only quoting what the Vegas Pimp said himself in the article.

The average Nevada citizen voted to legalize prostitution by voting against anti-prostitution laws in the state multiple times. Last surveys showed that the vast majority of citizens support legalized prostitution. Bob Coffin, Democrat senator of Nevada openly supports prostitution and supports the formation of a prostitutes and brothel union. He also supports taxing brothels in order to further legitimize prostitution.

Your comments against decisions made by the state voters sounds a bit.....Fascist....  :o

Offline kbvette

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »
The average Nevada citizen voted to legalize prostitution by voting against anti-prostitution laws in the state multiple times. Last surveys showed that the vast majority of citizens support legalized prostitution. Bob Coffin, Democrat senator of Nevada openly supports prostitution and supports the formation of a prostitutes and brothel union. He also supports taxing brothels in order to further legitimize prostitution.

Your comments against decisions made by the state voters sounds a bit.....Fascist....  :o
                 I'm going to go out on a limb here,my "Spidey Sense" tells me that you are really forum member Briefcase.Why are you incognito ?

Don't blame me,I voted with the Majority.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2018, 09:14:50 PM »

Recent polls?  And are you referring to Bob Coffin from the last decade?  You may want to sharpen your Google skills.

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 12:36:27 PM »
                 I'm going to go out on a limb here,my "Spidey Sense" tells me that you are really forum member Briefcase.Why are you incognito ?

Never met the guy but he clearly has you hot and bothered...or triggered......

Recent polls?  And are you referring to Bob Coffin from the last decade?  You may want to sharpen your Google skills.

Does it matter if it was done 100 years ago? The people of Nevada have spoken on the issue. It's theirs to make. You could always not go to Nevada....

Offline kbvette

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 05:18:14 PM »
Never met the guy but he clearly has you hot and bothered...or triggered......

Does it matter if it was done 100 years ago? The people of Nevada have spoken on the issue. It's theirs to make. You could always not go to Nevada....

You never met the "guy" hmmm
Don't blame me,I voted with the Majority.

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »

You never met the "guy" hmmm

Has anyone seen Don Panetta and Briefcase in the same room?

Offline briefcase

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 07:43:40 AM »
Has anyone seen Don Panetta and Briefcase in the same room?

I personally try to stay out of South Miami, if at all possible...
Don't blame me: I voted with the majority of Electoral College electors.

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2018, 07:16:50 AM »
I personally try to stay out of South Miami, if at all possible...

I too try to stay out of South Miami, if at all possible!...

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »
That's a great tip.  I didn't realize there were browser add-ons like that.  Cool

It's actually the opposite for me.  I feel a great sense of community from the political forum and always have.  I always enjoy reading the diversity of opinions.  I guess a space that was more of an echo chamber would be much less contentious, but isn't that a big part of what's wrong with politics in general today?  Also, as far as I can remember, this forum predates The Village's tilt to gaming and that's going back pretty far.  Since the board as a whole is a community, people who wish to express themselves on politics generally aren't here to simply throw bombs or troll.  I appreciate that.

I don't really understand why members on here don't like the political forum... if you don't like it, just stay out of it.  It seems simple to me.  Why object to a part of the community simply because you're not interested in it?  I don't really care about Sports, but don't object to the sports forum.  Is it because other members don't share your disinterest?

It's interesting, but too often it turns into something ugly.  That's not so interesting to me and I certainly don't equate the ugly with a sense of fostering a community.  Watch this video and pay attention starting about 54 seconds in.  I'd probably enjoy a political discussion with that guy, but not the folks behind him.  That's a big problem with forums like this.  The reasonable folks on both sides get drowned out by the extremists.

Offline RussG

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2018, 01:46:47 PM »
I pretty much stopped coming here and adding anything because I felt it became pointless. Most people think they know everything and their minds are usually made up and it takes internal growth or an epiphany to change.
There is a general lack of empathy and the need to understand others in this hyper aggressive and hyper sensitive time we live in.

Thus I pretty much checked out and doubt anyone really gives a crap any way.  ;)

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2018, 12:39:28 AM »
I pretty much stopped coming here and adding anything because I felt it became pointless. Most people think they know everything and their minds are usually made up and it takes internal growth or an epiphany to change.

This forum mirrors the real world... it's nearly impossible to talk politics without getting into heated two-sided arguments in person, so everyone agrees to not discuss politics at all so they can remain civil with each other. 

It's unfortunate because a healthy debate is an important way to understand what is going on... everyone has a personal focus and bringing that up offers viewpoints we may not have thought of. 

It may not feel that way but those that participate in this forum are more politically educated than the average citizen, as can be seen when a false statement is quickly disproven.  That's actually a very valuable thing considering that it's getting harder to find accurate information online, even through trusted media outlets.
WTB: Defender, Embryon