Author Topic: Jeff's Party Saturday  (Read 7385 times)

Offline scrambled

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Jeff's Party Saturday
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2008, 02:53:20 AM »
Hey you...go to bed!    LOL

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 03:40:52 AM »
Look who's talking!  Are you getting up to start driving already? Wow. Have a safe drive, see you later!

Offline scrambled

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »
Yep...takes me a while to run around in circles before a trip like this.  ;D

Just about to head out.

Offline Gfyss

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
Wife wanted to sleep in a bit more.  2-3 arrival it is!

See ya soon!

Offline micksimmonds

• FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 08:30:51 PM »
Jeff got back and now crashed from a long and enjoyable day, a Big Thanks for hosting this party, everyone had a really good time and was a lot of fun playing your Pins, really enjoyed that Black Hole, and eldest now prefers Time Travel over MM! Thanks again Mick
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »
Yup it was a blast.

I liked that fact that it was just a 'chillin' party, no organized goal like a tourney or anything (though I do love the tourney's)

I don't know if you will be able to remove my patented "ass groove" in your couch...lol. Got to play all the pins several times...favorites
of the party were definately Star Wars & Black Hole.

Nice to see everyone except Spencer again. ;D (j/k)
-Dan
Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline Old Pin Guy

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 11:27:27 PM »
Thank You Jeff and Linda!

Wonderful collection, great people, and some challenges from Spence!  I pleasure to meet everyone. An Old man feels young Again!

Thanks so very much!

Art

Offline tbecu1

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 11:40:46 PM »
Hey Jeff,

Ditto Here... Dude you guys missed the best pin, Superman, by far... It is not everyday, you can go into someones house and put a first class ass whooping on someone on their own machine... Screw BATMAN. SUPERMAN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, let me get this out of the way before "Dream Crusher JR." does, Spence is the proud holder of $5 of my dollars. he got really lucky and beat me game of Hulk. He did not even have to play his last ball... Whatever... Spencer, KISS MY BUTT!!!!!!!

Thanks for a good time Jeff....

Thomas
2 Merit Megatouch Evo Ions (2009.5), Linked Rush 2049's, Asteroids, 60 in 1 Mini Multicade and the following Pins: Iron Man VE and Class of 1812.

JohnnyMac

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 12:12:35 AM »
Thanks Again Jeff and Linda
 Very very cool time,great pins and People. My Son and I had a great time! I'm not sure what My fav pin was but I definitely have some favorites. Anyway thanks again
Johnny Mac

Offline Compran

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 01:25:17 AM »
Yes, definitely a big thanks for a good time.  It was great to meet people and put faces with names and handles.  Had a good time playing some of those old Atari pins :-)

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2008, 01:29:07 AM »
Wow,

what a great turnout!  I really didn't expect as great a showing, I'm glad everyone came out in force and had a great time.  It was really nice to see everyone enjoying themselves, all the kids having fun playing vids and swimming together, the adults getting a chance to chill and relax a little, and especially everyone having a great time on the old school pins.  I'm glad the pins were so well received... now maybe that will help my "I'm NOT crazy...really!" argument. :)  I had a blast going from person to person to person, but wow...it took me 1/2 hour every time I set out to go get something and "be right back", that's why it only took me five hours to get that monitor with it's 3 bolts into the Phoenix cab!

Now... of ALL the pins Spencer and Thomas choose to have their Smackdown on, they choose The HULK!  I bet Mole is just kicking himself silly he wasn't here for THAT one!  Yes, there WAS money that exchanged hands.  I felt so bad for Mr. Ego I couldn't even think straight and bring myself to beat him on Superman.  Plus by that time he had gone through all my games and set them all up to his cheating modes so that only Thomas comes out on top...I caught him messing with my Phoenix just "fixing it up a little for you". Right.  Plus, Superman sucks.  I hate him...him and that Joker.  But get ready...the Holy Triumvirate may come out with their picks of the week and deem everyone must now get a Superman.  And a NIB Shrek.

Also I was glad to see people giving  a lot of love to the other Atari pins, Middle Earth and Space Riders... and even Black Hole before that weak ball kicker started acting up.  But now at least I know which games can pass the rigorous testing of the panel...everything except the Black Hole (Gottlieb... the bane of my existence), except when mean Spencer shakes it and screams at it and scares it to death...that's the only time it works. He's mean.  Ok, well that doesn't seem to be anything too difficult to fix, I may even already have another coil to try, will try a stronger coil instead of that one on there and replace the sleeve and see what happens. That being the worst issue of the night I was happy it all went smoothly and the games held up well.

From what I saw, the biggest draws of the pins were Star Wars and The Shadow, everyone seemed to be really surprised by them, even Mr. SW Trilogy CN Fuzzy. :)  Also, a lot of people seemed to think Travel Time was cool also, once they figured out what they were doing... and that it WASN'T broke because "the game never ends and keeps feeding 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, balls..."  Yeah, it's based on time, unlimited balls until the clock runs out and you keep scoring to add more time.  That's the kind of uniqueness I wanted in an EM and why I bought it.

The most touching part of the evening was when Thomas broke down crying and finally admitted that TDK pin IS the greatest pin ever made, and he wishes he had one.  Oh well, nobody's perfect.

Well, it was a LOT of work this past week, mostly just because I was long overdue cleaning the  house and garage to get it looking decent and ready for a party.  And of course scrambling to get as many games as I could up and ready for the party also, which I'm very happy I finally got them going, it really was a needed kick in the butt for me to do it anyway.  Mostly though I was just happy to have a nice day and night and to see everyone have a nice time and get to know each other a little more.  Like Thomas said as he broke down playing Superman "All I need isa U!".  Aaaaahhhhh.

P.S. Honorable mentions for Art bringing dessert and a bottle of wine for Linda (she REALLY needs it, believe me! I hope she doesn't hit me over the head with the empty bottle!), Randy for paying the toll to enter with the obligatory Batman figure, Mick for setting up my Mame (kick ASS!), and John Bork for actually literally interpreting Bring Your Own Boobs and Bringing the Boobs! Yes, he DID!  As we said goodnight I ALMOST said "Nice to meet you, Boobs"... but wasn't sure if Jan would have laughed at my sense of humor or clocked me, so I played it safe for now!

Thanks for coming, everyone!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:44:46 AM by jsgtrman »

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2008, 03:16:31 AM »
Just posted a few pics from the party, check them out in my gallery, or this should take you there:

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=9919&g2_page=4

Offline scrambled

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2008, 05:25:16 AM »
Thanks for the party and the hospitality Jeff.

It was fun to meet several of the group.  If any of y'all are ever in the Atlanta area and have the time to stop by, be sure to let me know.

It was also great to take a trip down "nostalgia lane" with games like Superman and Middle Earth.  I had never played Star Wars or Hulk before that I can remember, so it was wonderful to have the chance.

Well, time to run in circles some to get ready for the trip back.  :)

Ray

PS  Don't forget about that secret mode I showed you...

Offline Miracleman

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2008, 08:34:40 AM »
Thanks Jeff for having us over, it was 7 hours of fun!
It was neat to play a different lineup of pins, the ataris with their wide open pf's were a challenge to everyone.
Even Thomas, who's line while playing Superman was actually...
"All I need is a 'P' !"
So if he's wondering what that smell is, I filled his request (and his shoe).

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »
Those pics are funny as hell!  Looks like a great time!  Sorry I couldnt be there!! :(