Author Topic: Christmas in June!.... Dec 1st Al's Pinball Garage XXX Strike V Tourney  (Read 396 times)

Offline deadlander

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Ok just submitted event to IFPA wanted to lock in the date as its a busy time of year.  Last year we had 64 people in the tourney... We had a fantastic time.  Pinball, Bonfire,Friends, random Jello shots...More Fun than responsible adults should have... Tourney will start at 5:30 party will start at 4. Lock your calendars down now.  Don't fall victim to the yearly lame office party let your boss know first week of December is off limits!!!

More details to follow...

Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
 :o

is 20 days enough time for people to recoup from FPF ? let alone 13 days to recoup from obx flippers , and 7 days from black Friday super crazy turkey comas?

;D 8)
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline deadlander

Those are just warm up tourneys for the main event. :P Almost like a pinball World Cup!  Plus the end of the year for state finals so the more big tourneys at the end of the year the better. We do this the first weekend in December each year its more a fun get together than serious tourney but points are pretty nice with the usual turnout. Look forward to seeing you there Bill hopefully you can bring my APB!!! ;)
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline the architect

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Tournament pinball is fun
Consider it done sir
wants- nice examples of:      CP, nugent, 2001,  snow derby, Grand Prix, surfer, BSD, FGordon, TAF

current pins:
AC/DC premium, WW, Imaiden pro, Volley, KISS pro, twd pro, IM vault, Central Park (EM), pinball (stern EM), Jungle princess (EM), Medusa, alien star,  skateball, jacks open (EM), polo (EM), golden arrow (em)

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
Yes, all sorts of moving and shaking happens in the SCS at the end of the year.

FPF really stirs the pot and then I am pretty sure there will also be the multi day, 7 or 8 three strikes event at the Asylum, and I will probably host my IFPA event the last weekend in December like I did last year. 

Great times lie ahead for competitive pinball in Florida. :)
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
Locked in! Will be there with my bells on and a handle to share!

Offline deadlander

At what point will Florida have the top 24 go to state finals vs 16? I would argue we are one of the most competitive states currently added to the fact we have the 3rd largest population in the US. I would think we could handle the extra competition.
Regards,
Al

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
At what point will Florida have the top 24 go to state finals vs 16? I would argue we are one of the most competitive states currently added to the fact we have the 3rd largest population in the US. I would think we could handle the extra competition.
Regards,
Al

To meet the Super State requirement: We need 400 unique players and 100 unique IFPA tourneys.

Today, we (FL) are at about 300 unique players and just shy of 50 tourneys with about 6 months to go. 

Offline NormaJ

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
OK, I am going to hijack this thread a little... :)

Get your parents, friends and neighbors to play! (My parents will participate at Free Play. They will be there! And I will comp them for at least one set of entries.)

Looking forward to Al's tournament, too.

Please let us be a super state!

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
To meet the Super State requirement: We need 400 unique players and 100 unique IFPA tourneys.

Today, we (FL) are at about 300 unique players and just shy of 50 tourneys with about 6 months to go.

what is a Unique Tournament, would a monthly be at one venue be 12 or 1 ?
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
what is a Unique Tournament, would a monthly be at one venue be 12 or 1 ?

If a tourney generates a set of WPPR points, it is unique. 

If a collection of tourneys such as a monthly gathering (which is year-long-qualifying in essence) leads to a year-end finals and the results are submitted once, and the 12 individual meetings are not submitted, that is one event, not 12. (Basically how the results are submitted affects TGP)

The monthly meetings at LSOG west are all independent and unique for example.

In short: If you see a result listed on the IFPA page, it is a unique event. 

Offline the architect

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Tournament pinball is fun
Every monthly we have is a unique event as are a lot of the jacksonville events
wants- nice examples of:      CP, nugent, 2001,  snow derby, Grand Prix, surfer, BSD, FGordon, TAF

current pins:
AC/DC premium, WW, Imaiden pro, Volley, KISS pro, twd pro, IM vault, Central Park (EM), pinball (stern EM), Jungle princess (EM), Medusa, alien star,  skateball, jacks open (EM), polo (EM), golden arrow (em)

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline JeffreyCam

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: Christmas in June!.... Dec 1st Al's Pinball Garage XXX Strike V Tourney
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 05:28:13 PM »
Greetings!  This will be my first time in the Garage and I'm excited.  Please send me details on where to go as I will be traveling from Orlando area.  - Jeffrey
---
"It has to warm up...so it can KILL YOU!"