Author Topic: Jimmy Buffett & The Eagles - Saturday, April 14th  (Read 1373 times)

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
Jimmy Buffett & The Eagles - Saturday, April 14th
« on: April 15, 2018, 02:42:57 PM »
My wife and went to the show last night and it was great time. Ticket weren’t cheap, but it was definitely worth it.

Buffet performed his top hits with a few covers thrown in for good measure. His set was a solid 90 minutes and his performance was consistent with that last couple of times I saw him. Jimmy still has it and really seems to enjoy his craft.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jimmy-buffett/2018/camping-world-stadium-orlando-fl-7becfe38.html

As expected, the Eagles were exceptional. With Vince Gill and Deacon Fry covering Glenn Fry’s parts, it really worked. Their harmonies were spot on and it truly shined in their opening song, Seven Bridges Road. The major take away was how great they still are; Joe Walsh is still amazin and guitar and vocals were as good as they’ve ever been. A solid 2.5 hour set with no breaks was more than expected and the energy of their performance never faltered.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2018/camping-world-stadium-orlando-fl-6becfe3a.html

There were only a few issues and they seemed to be technical and in the audio tent. At times, Buffets vocal seemed to cut out and Walsh’s guitar levels were low a few times.

We were to the right of the stage at the bottom of the upper level and I grabbed this shot between the end of the show and the first encore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline JimB

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Jimmy Buffett & The Eagles - Saturday, April 14th
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »
I saw them a while back when they did Amway Arena.  Spot on then also.  Too bad they don't package up these concerts you go to and sell them for a crazy price on blu-ray.  They would be worth owning.  They had some great memorable comments at that show and would love to have it to watch again.
PINS - TSPP, STTNG, POTC, Munsters, 24, STLE, bm66, Aerosmith

Offline viking1

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:14:35 PM »
Looks like a fun show!  I saw the Eagles live back in 1978.  They've always been one of my favorite bands. 
Past Pins (all Gottlieb EM's): Scuba, Mini Cycle, Out of Sight, Sky Jump, Fast Draw, Royal Flush, Pioneer, Jet Spin, Jungle, Mustang, Bronco, Fun Land, Paul Bunyan, 300

Wish List: Gottlieb Wedgeheads: 2001, El Dorado, Atlantis, Strange World, Jacks Open, Space Orbit, Rock Star, Centigrade 37.  Others:  Gemini, Target Alpha, Mars Trek, Black Sheep Squadron

Offline Steve O

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 03:53:03 PM »
I saw The Eagles at Yale Bowl in 1980.  I think tickets were $10 and there were 2 other bands.  They sounded great and did 4 Joe Walsh songs which made me happy. 

I saw Jimmy Buffet a few years ago in Jacksonville.  It was a fun time and the crowd was really into it.

Offline Pinsanity

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 11:05:59 PM »
My wife and went to the show last night and it was great time. Ticket weren’t cheap, but it was definitely worth it.

Buffet performed his top hits with a few covers thrown in for good measure. His set was a solid 90 minutes and his performance was consistent with that last couple of times I saw him. Jimmy still has it and really seems to enjoy his craft.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jimmy-buffett/2018/camping-world-stadium-orlando-fl-7becfe38.html

As expected, the Eagles were exceptional. With Vince Gill and Deacon Fry covering Glenn Fry’s parts, it really worked. Their harmonies were spot on and it truly shined in their opening song, Seven Bridges Road. The major take away was how great they still are; Joe Walsh is still amazin and guitar and vocals were as good as they’ve ever been. A solid 2.5 hour set with no breaks was more than expected and the energy of their performance never faltered.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2018/camping-world-stadium-orlando-fl-6becfe3a.html

There were only a few issues and they seemed to be technical and in the audio tent. At times, Buffets vocal seemed to cut out and Walsh’s guitar levels were low a few times.

We were to the right of the stage at the bottom of the upper level and I grabbed this shot between the end of the show and the first encore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was there, really expensive tickets but a great show! The Eagles are always great and surprisingly still are even without Glen Frye.
Pins: TWD Prem, STH prem, Twilight Zone, Alien LV, Jaws Premium, Time Machine - DE

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
yah I took the wife to see the history tour in chicago ..

they were great but that show was 3 hours long or something...

way too much for me..