Author Topic: Women's tournament misreported?  (Read 1066 times)

Offline NormaJ

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Women's tournament misreported?
« on: June 25, 2018, 09:41:53 PM »
Hi, just wondering why the latest women's tournament shows in the "open" stats. This would be wrong, correct?

And what happened to our report of this great tournament? :( I will offer my own...

Maritza won in a great final against Teresa. Steve Marsh sentenced Cell, Tatiana and I to battle it out on Robot for 3rd and 4th. The lesson we all learned is Zaccaria games should be admired and maybe not played. Lol.

Everyone had a great time, as usual, and I think there was wine involved. And I think Gwyneth had a chance to win some Chardonnay and passed on it. This puzzled me. If i was her age i probably would have thrown caution to the wind and gone for the wine. But i respect her decision. As for me, I went home happy, with a fine looking trophy, but thirsty because I did not win any wine in the raffles. All in all, great fun!

And has anyone noticed how well the girls are doing in tournaments lately? Hurray for Cell, Jeanine and Gwyneth who went out west and did awesome!

Okay, maybe this wasn't a comprehensive report, but it's something. Next time we'll put it on Twitch!

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Re: Women's tournament misreported?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 08:58:39 AM »
I’m pretty sure the IFPA rule is a tournament advertised as Women Only does not count toward a player’s World or State rankings. So maybe it was an input error. 

I have a query into Josh at IFPA.

Jeff
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:35:12 AM »
Josh did reply back.  He said the “Women’s tourney” box probably wasn’t checked in their database.  He will look into it.

He did confirm that a Women’s only event does not count toward the SCS standings.

Jeff
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline doghouse

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • www.PinballAsylum.com
    • www.pinballasylum.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:32:57 PM »
Hi, just wondering why the latest women's tournament shows in the "open" stats. This would be wrong, correct?

And what happened to our report of this great tournament? :( I will offer my own...

Maritza won in a great final against Teresa. Steve Marsh sentenced Cell, Tatiana and I to battle it out on Robot for 3rd and 4th. The lesson we all learned is Zaccaria games should be admired and maybe not played. Lol.

Everyone had a great time, as usual, and I think there was wine involved. And I think Gwyneth had a chance to win some Chardonnay and passed on it. This puzzled me. If i was her age i probably would have thrown caution to the wind and gone for the wine. But i respect her decision. As for me, I went home happy, with a fine looking trophy, but thirsty because I did not win any wine in the raffles. All in all, great fun!

And has anyone noticed how well the girls are doing in tournaments lately? Hurray for Cell, Jeanine and Gwyneth who went out west and did awesome!

Okay, maybe this wasn't a comprehensive report, but it's something. Next time we'll put it on Twitch!

Thank you writing this up!  Ceil did a fantastic job!  Next time we'll put you on Twitch, for sure.  ;)

Josh did reply back.  He said the “Women’s tourney” box probably wasn’t checked in their database.  He will look into it.

He did confirm that a Women’s only event does not count toward the SCS standings.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff for doing that!  (I'm pretty sure I did specify this was a Women's tournament when I registered the event.)
When in Fort Myers, visit The Pinball Asylum..."A Nice Place To Play Pinball."

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »

Thanks, Jeff for doing that!  (I'm pretty sure I did specify this was a Women's tournament when I registered the event.)

No worries. It is possible *they* didn't upload it correctly as well.   

I probably wouldn't have noticed it if NormaJ didn't point it out. 

Everyone in the SCS/NACS hunt needs to be vigilant to make sure things are recorded properly.  There are lots of details to keep track of that can really have an effect on WPPR points and the SCS standings: TGP (can have a HUGE impact), player finishing order, accurate IFPA player number assignment,  etc.