Author Topic: CPR Is Changing Their Business Model  (Read 270 times)

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • How many points is "TILT"?
CPR Is Changing Their Business Model
« on: June 30, 2018, 12:52:14 PM »
It looks like CPR has ditched the old school silk screening and it's going with a modern setup. This will mean better results, period. I'm excited that our older projects will finally have a chance to be beautiful again.

Announce: CPR BEGINS its NEW BUSINESS MODEL
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-begins-its-new-business-model
So what does this mean? Going forward, CPR will be immediately moving our Plastics and Backglasses printing exclusively to this suite. Playfields will continue to be silkscreened when done in the large first-release-type batches - but here's the kicker: Once those big first batches sell out, we will be introducing Made-For-You individual playfields, which will be printed in the digital suite. That means theoretically no CPR playfield will ever go out of stock in the distant future. Nobody will ever have to wait for a re-run. CPR playfields will be perpetually "re-run" as individual one-offs, as ordered by customers... on demand ! But that's down the road a bit. The main change right now are Plastics and Backglasses.

CPR Floodgates Open - PLASTICS & GLASSES Releases
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases
FIRST WAVE (Now available in the CPR Store at our web site):

Plastics sets:
EIGHT BALL DELUXE
FATHOM SuperSet
CYCLONE
TALES FROM THE CRYPT
SPACE INVADERS
MATA HARI
TAXI
DINER

Backglasses:
WIZARD
STAR TREK (proto)
STRIKES & SPARES
PARAGON
SPACE MISSION
SPACE ODYSSEY
JOKER POKER
NITRO GROUNDSHAKER
MEDUSA
FLIGHT 2000
BANZAI RUN (with or without acrylic liner)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:59:02 PM by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot »
GlobalVR, Megatouch & RAW Thrills Repair

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline PinPup

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: CPR Is Changing Their Business Model
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 12:57:50 PM »
This is huge news and bodes very well for machine longevity. Sounds like a pin could last forever sans termites.
Games Owned: Gilligan's Island, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, STOCK CAR, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Centigrade 37, Alien Poker

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:00:45 PM »
does this mean the backglass color matching will be improved?

love their playfields.

plastic remakes are pretty good, i think in general, they let less light pass thru overall.

but their backglasses seem to be "quite-off" in relation to the original colors, as viewed in person...but i'm not a picky dude, and don't want to sound that way.

in my picture, the CPR is upper right. you can see how off the reds/oranges are...even though the originals don't all match up either. it's pretty funny that i have 4 glasses, and they are all different in their own areas.

the strikes and spares artwork was off of my scan, which is the backglass in the lower left corner...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 01:07:21 PM by k7 »
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »

love their playfields.

plastic remakes are pretty good, i think in general, they let less light pass thru overall.

but their backglasses are crazy-off in relation to the original colors. and i'm not a picky dude.

They called out better color matching etc in their post. I'm with you and hope that its true.

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline RussG

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »

love their playfields.

but their backglasses seem to be "quite-off" in relation to the original colors, as viewed in person...but i'm not a picky dude, and don't want to sound that way.

in my picture, the CPR is upper right. you can see how off the reds/oranges are...even though the originals don't all match up either. it's pretty funny that i have 4 glasses, and they are all different in their own areas.

the strikes and spares artwork was off of my scan, which is the backglass in the lower left corner...

I'm with you here too Chris!

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
It was printed too dark, and no one bothered to adjust the colors...  You have to adjust just about every one coming thru the process, as the inks go from thick to thin or sometimes run out, stop and re-ink and start again.  You can't be lazy during the process, or you'll waste product.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 03:38:35 PM »
Makes me wonder how easy it really is to produce one playfield on demand when the inserts (sometimes very specific/odd shaped inserts) have to be installed... doesn't seem like a plug-and-play kind of thing to me? 
LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
Makes me wonder how easy it really is to produce one playfield on demand when the inserts (sometimes very specific/odd shaped inserts) have to be installed... doesn't seem like a plug-and-play kind of thing to me?

I don't think that part of the process is going to change. It seems they're ditching silk screening and going to all digital printing.

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 5: Power User!
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 04:23:37 PM »
big game changer that's for sure
HS2 FP HB SoF Xenon Sorcerer Vector Gorf MonacoGP StarRider

I do repairs onsite, EM or SS, pin or arcade.
I also do high-end cabinet restorations, playfield shops and swaps.
http://www.pinwerks.com

Offline Pinball Shark

• Level 5: Power User!
    • PinballShark.com
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 01:59:10 PM »
Interesting news. Yeah, backglasses and plastic sets are hit or miss. Medusa plastics hardly let any light through, I sent mine back. The Skateball plastics were printed in a completely different color. Yellow instead of green! Fathom plastics were good.
www.PinballShark.com
Restoring Fun, Excitement, and the Art of Pinball