Author Topic: Your first memory of that special pinball machine or arcade game  (Read 662 times)

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Your first memory of that special pinball machine or arcade game
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 09:12:10 AM »
that mall had a DINGY almost pitch black full arcade, across from a meat shop

I have vague memories of that arcade, but in my minds eye the entire Boca Mall was a kind of dark and odd little mall. The rooftop parking lot was the hangout for my older sister’s high school friends.

And the Town Center was the “fancy new mall” that we rarely visited.

FYI: KB Toys may be making a comeback:

https://money.cnn.com/2018/03/20/news/companies/kb-toys-toys-r-us/index.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:31:02 AM by scarabaeus »

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
I wish I could remember my first specific memory as I have several fuzzy ones from '79 - '81, but I do distinctly remember my Saturday morning trips to the Tom Thumb store down the road so dad could play Robotron while I played MsPac right next to him.  That was probably late '82 and a good bit of '83. 

I also remember going to a local sandwich shop in town (btw, this was Graceville Florida a town that didn't have a red light when we got there) named Joezells and playing a beautiful new Burgertime in the back room.  Sadly I was too young to 'hang out' in arcades all day during the time and didn't start doing that until '85/'86, but I always tried to play whatever game I could when I saw one.

Offline PinFever

• Level 9: Grid Champion
    • Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 02:58:20 PM »
wow , not one mention of Castle park which was in SE  Florida  / I think somewhere in ft Lauderdale , they had a game room in a building that was a castle look alike and had bumper boats . They had 3 star Castles uprights. played that game a lot amongst others . was in the early 80's

Amusement Park Is Demolished For Interchange

By MICHAEL LASALANDRA, Staff Writer, December 3, 1986

A Broward County landmark vanished Tuesday when the Grand Prix Race-O-Rama castle in Davie was demolished to make way for an Interstate 595 interchange. The demolition ended a 15-year residency at the intersection of State Road 84 and State Road 7 for the popular amusement park, which was closed for business in September. Many of the huge stone castle`s hundreds of amusements, games and attractions had been auctioned off shortly after the business was closed, and others were moved to a new site, the former Malibu Grand Prix off Interstate 95 in Dania.