Author Topic: Arcade1up  (Read 732 times)

Offline freakandgeek

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • The GameRoom Blog
Arcade1up
« on: July 25, 2018, 12:18:12 AM »
http://GameRoomBlog.com
================================
Creature, WH20, BSD, Shadow, TZ, TWD Premium, Space Station, Meteor, Fireball II, Elektra, Jungle Lord

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Arcade1up
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 01:35:55 AM »
It's priced right, not like a 1k home pinball with 4 pf coils, get a new group interested in collecting games.  Maybe something new to repair for us techs in the future? 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline DEXTER

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 07:56:51 AM »
https://www.arcade1up.com

Thoughts?

I for one am going to pick up the RAMPAGE one - I will let the Village know my review once received - don't think they are shipping for a few months.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 08:44:59 AM »
Curious how these play/feel.  Look forward to the review.

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »
My main problem with them is the fact they're 3/4 sized.  That's too small to stand at and I don't want to sit to play uprights.  Upon just looking at the site again I see they sell a riser (that looks like poo) to solve the problem. 

I doubt I'm a buyer at $400 each, but I gotta admit that I'm slightly interested.  The Rampage/Gauntlet/Joust and Millipede/Crystal Castles machines have several of my favorite games so if they went half price on Black Friday (or clearanced eventually) I'd pick one of those up.  My son and I already enjoy beating on my $50 Midway multigame for Rampage so upgrading that thing (the joysticks suck and I'm fearful if I pull them apart to clean them they'll never work again) would be cool. 

I just hope the joysticks are solid since that's the biggest let down with those Midway multi's IMO. 

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 5: Power User!
  • Suck it
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
So they are going to be sold ikea style.. "build your own" its all kitted up.. I feel that its going to be really flimsy and not hold up to any real play.. as a cool little toy -- I would pick one up on the cheap.. but for $400 I can find a nice "fixer upper" full size that can take abuse.

for $150-200 .. OK
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2: WW, SF2: CE, SF: The Movie, X-men Vs SF, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, Califorina speed, Crusin' world x2 Linked; Hyperbeam

Offline RussG

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
My main problem with them is the fact they're 3/4 sized.  That's too small to stand at and I don't want to sit to play uprights.  Upon just looking at the site again I see they sell a riser (that looks like poo) to solve the problem. 

I doubt I'm a buyer at $400 each, but I gotta admit that I'm slightly interested.  The Rampage/Gauntlet/Joust and Millipede/Crystal Castles machines have several of my favorite games so if they went half price on Black Friday (or clearanced eventually) I'd pick one of those up.  My son and I already enjoy beating on my $50 Midway multigame for Rampage so upgrading that thing (the joysticks suck and I'm fearful if I pull them apart to clean them they'll never work again) would be cool. 

I just hope the joysticks are solid since that's the biggest let down with those Midway multi's IMO.

+1

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
Walmart has the Street Fighter II cabinet up for pre-order at just 299.00

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fighter-2-Arcade-1up/994342377

Offline DEXTER

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 07:35:11 PM »
Walmart has the Street Fighter II cabinet up for pre-order at just 299.00

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fighter-2-Arcade-1up/994342377

Walmart has all 4 of the machines priced at $299 (rather than teh $399 as stated on the Arcade1up site).

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=arcade&cat_id=0

Offline DEXTER

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »
Walmart has all 4 of the machines priced at $299 (rather than teh $399 as stated on the Arcade1up site).

This must be their pre-order price. But at Gamestop it is priced at $399. Just passing it on to the Villagers. I picked up the Rampage.

DEX

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »
they'll be at big lots! next year for $150. on closeout.

just kidding. well, the midway and konami multis ended up there at 200 bucks. they were $500 MSRP, iirc.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 01:50:46 AM »

If someone is going to buy them for $300 on the preorder from Walmart you may as well use MrRebates.comand save an additional 2% (six bucks) on the purchase.  I've used the site for 5 years now and always check their site to see if an online seller is on their list as it's free money back for simply logging in and clicking the store link from their page.   Most of the time it's 2 to 10% back, but hey it adds up over time and makes a big difference sometimes on appliances and what not. 

-T
*Non-attorney spokesperson :P ;)

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • How many points is "TILT"?
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 03:01:34 AM »
I wish they had one with Galahad. The family wants an arcade and the Rampage one is tempting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline RussG

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »
I really think the size of these makes it more a toy and less a real game. Measure 45 inches tall and tell me that's not just stupid. Plus it's very narrow and since light weight I bet not very stable. The cabinet will make a cabaret look big and make a bar top much more intriguing.
Had these been 60 inches tall I think it would be much more viable.

Offline yesimbrandon

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 09:31:28 AM »
I think if the build quality is decent and someone comes up with a way to put whatever games on it these will be really popular. I'm really interested, but also unsure of the quality so I'll wait to see, but if someone comes up with a simple way to load whatever games I want, then the value goes way up for me.
Pins: ST Pro, The Shadow, No Good Gofers, Demolition Man, Space Mission, Doctor Who, Meteor