Author Topic: Arcade1up  (Read 9872 times)

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Arcade1up
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »
Not the best review, but here's the one I found for a pre-production version of the cabs (starts at 1:22):

! No longer available
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:27:21 AM by scarabaeus »

Offline JaxGator

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »
I'm interested in these for my daughters playroom, but even at $300 its questionable. 
Looking for working or complete but non working examples of: Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Joust or Multi-Williams in a Joust cab

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 12:39:26 PM »
I really think the size of these makes it more a toy and less a real game. Measure 45 inches tall and tell me that's not just stupid. Plus it's very narrow and since light weight I bet not very stable. The cabinet will make a cabaret look big and make a bar top much more intriguing.
Had these been 60 inches tall I think it would be much more viable.

i question how the games will play. there are good ways to do it, and there are bad ways. a license means nothing for quality.

the midway and konami home games were 62 inches and flimsy. i felt they were too small. :)

a pacman is:                     68 inches tall, 33 deep, 25 wide.
a midway/konami game is: 62 inches tall, 24 deep, 22 wide.
an arcade1up game is:       46 inches tall, 23 deep, 19 wide.

it's a world of difference between them, just to compare. can't wait to play one though. :) on someone elses dime.

i did buy a tiny arcade, though...legit gameplay...and they're 4 inch high by 1 3/4 wide by 2 inches deep. 14 bucks at walmart. :)

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline DEXTER

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 01:58:47 PM »
I'm interested in these for my daughters playroom, but even at $300 its questionable.

A fellow KEVIN SMITH avatar! And from JAX! WHAT?!?!?!?!

Offline JaxGator

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 03:17:11 PM »
A fellow KEVIN SMITH avatar! And from JAX! WHAT?!?!?!?!

snoochie boochies?
Looking for working or complete but non working examples of: Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Joust or Multi-Williams in a Joust cab

Offline Rich Jax

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • ...and sometimes the baar eats you.
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 07:06:29 AM »
Particle board knock-down IKEA midget sized cabinet, 17” lcd monitor, unknown controls quality and unknown emulation...what could go wrong with that combo?!?

Offline SUPER 20G

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »
Don’t forget to use your 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon if you decide to try one out. 
Mortal Kombat/Mortal Kombat 2/Mortal Kombat 4/Killer Instinct/Killer Instinct 2/Marvel vs Capcom 2/CarnEvil/X-Men 4p/House of the Dead/Rush 2049x2/Wrestlemania/Ms.Pac/Street Fighter 2:CE/Aliens/TMNT 4P/Marvel Super Heroes/Fast & The Furious/Bad Dudes/NBA Jam TE/Alien vs Predator/Alien 3: The Gun/Area 51

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 10:25:27 AM »
Seriously guys these are pleb machines.. why is anyone interested?

You can get a real arcade machine with real arcade parts for less than $300, so why buy these?

Given they look better than the old Konami and Williams multis that came out 10 years ago.. but they are still going to be cheap consumer products especially at that price point.. so why compromise when you have plenty of opportunities to get a legit arcade game?

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »
Seriously guys these are pleb machines.. why is anyone interested?

You can get a real arcade machine with real arcade parts for less than $300, so why buy these?

I think it boils down to space and convenience more than anything.  I don't have room for a real Rampage, nor the time to fix up a cheap Rampage project, so a smaller one that theoretically works perfectly for $300 doesn't sound too bad.  I think that line of thinking is the main attraction for most. 

Offline JaxGator

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 11:12:06 AM »
I could see putting a couple of these upstairs with no effort because of the size/weight vs a full size machine i'd likely kill myself getting upstairs.  the main attraction for me is novelty and space, but i'm probably not a buyer until they hit $200 or less.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 07:54:03 PM »
I think it boils down to space and convenience more than anything.  I don't have room for a real Rampage, nor the time to fix up a cheap Rampage project, so a smaller one that theoretically works perfectly for $300 doesn't sound too bad.  I think that line of thinking is the main attraction for most.

It may be convenient but its so far off from a real machine I dunno:

Would be great for a 2nd grader tho :)

Offline k7

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 08:38:44 PM »

i think the key here is we assume they'll play right. i see so many issues at this point assuming that. :)

the funny thing is, the tiny arcades actually do play right.

i don't have room either, but i have another 2 games in route to stack with the other 2 i can't fit in the house already.   :P

six's pic is hilarious. the midway/konami retro that we slammed a decade ago was too small. and these are 14 inches SMALLER.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline HighProtein

• Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2018, 01:53:20 PM »
Walmart has the Street Fighter II cabinet up for pre-order at just 299.00

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fighter-2-Arcade-1up/994342377

With 30 days return policy!
5star:SMB/Rastan
Bmac:CruisinW
DicksOp:PacCocktail,MVC,AREA51,CENTIPEDE,BAGS&TROG
DicksNocatee:TMNT
DicksYulee:NoFear,Contra&MK2
Keg:Ven,JP,DP,GZ,SW,TMNT,Foo,19xx,CrazyTaxi,Tekken5,SF2,SMB,MVC2,NBAjam,PopNmusic,RevX,Tetris&UMK3 / JusticePub:BigHouse,Gladiators,Mario,SF2,SF2NC,Tekken5,Pac,Simpsons&SMB / JRseafood: Multicade&SMB / Players1:STH,TMNT,WCS&TMNT / Players2:DP / Players3:NF / Sneaker:Klax,SS / Soupa:MVC / S.O.P.:Galaga,Pac,&SW / SunRayCinema:Genesis,Deathstalker&SMB
VGR:Area51,CrazyTaxi,H.O.D.SFA3,SF2&WildRiders /
Walrus:PAC,SMB&TT

Offline HighProtein

• Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2018, 01:54:40 PM »
Don’t forget to use your 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon if you decide to try one out.

Nice!
5star:SMB/Rastan
Bmac:CruisinW
DicksOp:PacCocktail,MVC,AREA51,CENTIPEDE,BAGS&TROG
DicksNocatee:TMNT
DicksYulee:NoFear,Contra&MK2
Keg:Ven,JP,DP,GZ,SW,TMNT,Foo,19xx,CrazyTaxi,Tekken5,SF2,SMB,MVC2,NBAjam,PopNmusic,RevX,Tetris&UMK3 / JusticePub:BigHouse,Gladiators,Mario,SF2,SF2NC,Tekken5,Pac,Simpsons&SMB / JRseafood: Multicade&SMB / Players1:STH,TMNT,WCS&TMNT / Players2:DP / Players3:NF / Sneaker:Klax,SS / Soupa:MVC / S.O.P.:Galaga,Pac,&SW / SunRayCinema:Genesis,Deathstalker&SMB
VGR:Area51,CrazyTaxi,H.O.D.SFA3,SF2&WildRiders /
Walrus:PAC,SMB&TT

Offline JaxGator

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 02:26:23 PM »
Looks like there are plans for deluxe editions that come with more games and the riser

https://www.frys.com/product/9649533?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG