Author Topic: A huge THANK_YOU TO IBIS !!!!!!!!  (Read 161 times)

Offline weeze

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
A huge THANK_YOU TO IBIS !!!!!!!!
« on: July 31, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
who was kind enough to come by my crib today to meet and work on the Gottlieb from Hell!
 While here, he swore his allegiance to the "FLORIDA FAMILY OF EM JAMOKES'
 This is a very secret organization  that encourages the care and feeding of all things EM but mostly the early 60s Gottliebs.
 So as he stood there, palms up in front of him, he held the burning 2 inch flipper rubber as it burned! Passing it back and forth he stated " May I burn like this 2 inch flipper rubber If I ever say I like Solid State games more then EMs".
 He was then given his new cigar ring membership card number, 8, or was it 18? maybe it was 111, whatever and told to never ever touch the inside of a coin door when any Gottlieb is plugged in.
 So as a result, the Gottlieb from HELL still doesn't work right, but we understand its deep down personal secrets.
THANKS IBIS, really appreciate it! Plus hes a really good guy!

Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah!", T2, Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, Cherry Bell, Astro.
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
also have the revolving door going on so some games come and go!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids and assorted other stuff.
 WTB:, Gottleib wedgehead add-a-balls!!!!!

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: A huge THANK_YOU TO IBIS !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
Sounds about right.  8)
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »
LOL, thanks for your hospitality!  You have an amazing collection!  Loved looking at those beautiful wedge heads!  Ya, we definitely stayed clear of the ominous coin door, and I thoroughly enjoyed burning some flipper rubbers!!  Im wearing my cigar ring proudly! 

We did at least wittle down the gremlin, even if it was just a little bit.  I still think there is something hokey about that alternator coil(AS), that blue/white/red is definitely the wire we were looking for, but that coil does squat when manually pressed.  Tested continuity in many places and it all checked out so there is definitely something not engaging to send voltage to the PF.  Im sure Ill stay up tonight going through that game in my head!

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
Leon is good peeps.   8)

Great group we have here.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 06:58:31 PM »
DA!! !T!!  That's not what I wanted to read tonight after a long hot day.  I wanted to hear that it is finally ringing the bells of summer. 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline k7

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »
leon's awesome. he's been by my place and a few games have caught fire. :)

lol. j/k. ;D
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value