Author Topic: SNL Skit or Real Campaign Ad?  (Read 341 times)

Offline mcluvin

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
SNL Skit or Real Campaign Ad?
« on: August 04, 2018, 06:04:24 PM »
My first thought was SNL skit.  I wish I was right....

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: SNL Skit or Real Campaign Ad?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »
A lot of the campaign ads seem to be written by kids, for kids...I can't believe they actually spent the money to put that shit on the tv!
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 04:46:18 PM »
I guess they were going for humanizing?  Just came off as bafoonery, and that's never a good thing for a serious job like Governor.

Offline Mamushka

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »
Seriously, pull Trump's dick out of your mouth and tell us what you plan on doing  :P
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH.
Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline PinPup

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:36:18 PM »
Wow, seems like a really unjustified flame of a response here, previous bad blood? To me doesn't matter what party you are, you should see this as a hokey, insincere, and thoroughly laughable, enjoyable ad. This should make the folks ar SNL jealous!
Games Owned: Gilligan's Island, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, STOCK CAR, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Centigrade 37, Alien Poker

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »
Wow, seems like a really unjustified flame of a response here, previous bad blood? To me doesn't matter what party you are, you should see this as a hokey, insincere, and thoroughly laughable, enjoyable ad. This should make the folks ar SNL jealous!

I think he was referring to DeSantis?  That's how I took it anyway.  Desantis' platform is pretty much "I'm with Trump". 

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »

I will be voting for him even though I think this commercial is ridiculous. He is painting himself as a total Trump minion here and from what I'm reading that is not who he is. You can be, (and should be) appreciative of the Trump endorsement, but I think he took it way over the top here (hence my comment).

Putnam lost me with his attack add saying Desantis is going to raise taxes 23%.

Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 05:38:30 PM »
I think he was referring to DeSantis?  That's how I took it anyway.  Desantis' platform is pretty much "I'm with Trump".

Yea, reading that again I can see that someone might not realize who I was talking about. Although I don't think too many around here would be accusing you of being a Trump supporter  ;)

Offline kbvette

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:44:06 PM »
Seriously, pull Trump's dick out of your mouth and tell us what you plan on doing  :P
                          there's a reason he has Trumps d##k in his mouth,he wants your vote and you people will deliver ! LOL
Don't blame me,I voted with the Majority.

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »
I will be voting for him even though I think this commercial is ridiculous. He is painting himself as a total Trump minion here and from what I'm reading that is not who he is. You can be, (and should be) appreciative of the Trump endorsement, but I think he took it way over the top here (hence my comment).

Putnam lost me with his attack add saying Desantis is going to raise taxes 23%.

Were Republicans appreciative of Nixon endorsements during the Watergate scandal?  I'm sure some were, but should they have been?  Putnam doesn't like Trump and has been vocal about it.  That's his biggest problem.

Putnam lost you with that attack ad?  How?

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »
Were Republicans appreciative of Nixon endorsements during the Watergate scandal?  I'm sure some were, but should they have been?  Putnam doesn't like Trump and has been vocal about it.  That's his biggest problem.

Putnam lost you with that attack ad?  How?

So the Trump "Russian Scandal" now  = Watergate  :roll:

Most political ads skew the truth, the Putman ad saying his opponent was raising taxes 23% and would be "hurting families, destroying jobs, devastating tourism" was over the top twisting of the facts. He never even hinted that income tax would be going away with this plan. If you do not agree with the Fair Tax that's a fine topic to discuss but this was not that, not even close.

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
So the Trump "Russian Scandal" now  = Watergate  :roll:

Most political ads skew the truth, the Putman ad saying his opponent was raising taxes 23% and would be "hurting families, destroying jobs, devastating tourism" was over the top twisting of the facts. He never even hinted that income tax would be going away with this plan. If you do not agree with the Fair Tax that's a fine topic to discuss but this was not that, not even close.

I personally consider most of the Trump Presidency to be a scandal.  So Putnam lost you for being dishonest?  Can anyone else appreciate the irony there?  Of course, DeSantis doesn't give him much to attack since nobody knows his stance on Florida issues.  DeSantis loves Trump.  That's his stance.  It's kinda hard for a Republican to attack that right now, not that I think Putnam is any kinda saint.

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 09:11:30 PM »
I personally consider most of the Trump Presidency to be a scandal.

Shocking  :roll:

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 07:11:40 AM »
Shocking  :roll:

As for "Russian Scandal = Watergate", we don't know.  I hope we get to find the truth.  An innocent man should have nothing to worry about.  I know what my gut tells me though.  I suspect it's probably gonna be worse than Watergate.

You don't like Putnam because he's dishonest, but you love Trump.  How have you rationalized that?  Do you seriously believe Trump is an honest person, or do you accept the dishonesty as a flaw of an otherwise "great leader"?

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »
As for "Russian Scandal = Watergate", we don't know.  I hope we get to find the truth.  An innocent man should have nothing to worry about.  I know what my gut tells me though.  I suspect it's probably gonna be worse than Watergate.

You don't like Putnam because he's dishonest, but you love Trump.  How have you rationalized that?  Do you seriously believe Trump is an honest person, or do you accept the dishonesty as a flaw of an otherwise "great leader"?

I like what Trump is doing but wouldn't say I love him (it's your side that is big on the man to man love ;)) In fact I have been critical of him several times here on the BBS.

What specific "dishonesty" are you talking about?