Author Topic: Price check: old gaming magazines (EGM, Gamefan and Next Generation)  (Read 169 times)

Offline TronJeremy

• Level 3: Hologram
Hi all,

I want to clear out some space, but before I do, I want to know what the value of these magazines are. From memory, they’re between 1993-2005-ish. A few issues are missing here and there. It’s Electronic Gaming Monthly, Gamefan and Next Generation. All answers appreciated.

-Joel

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: Price check: old gaming magazines (EGM, Gamefan and Next Generation)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:56:17 PM »
Magazines vary in price but most of your mid-late 90s and 00s issues will probably only be worth a buck or two in bulk. You might get more for 16-Bit era magazines as the collectors are starting to go for those.

Of course 1st issues or low number issues of some mags like Next Generation might be worth more.  Out of the 3 Gamefans will be worth the least most likely as it doesn't seem to be very popular and its from the later era. (I know I don't collect those but collect the others).

Depending on which issues you have I might be interested in some of them, although I have pretty complete collections of 90s EGM and most of the Next Gens after issue 10 or so i have a few issues i still need.

The big problem with selling magazines is of course the high cost of shipping. You apparently aren't supposed to use Media Mail for them if they contain adverts (all of them do) which makes it super expensive given the weight.