Author Topic: Just moved to the Orlando area - where to go for events etc?  (Read 180 times)

Offline Spicules

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Mission COMPRETE !!!
Just moved to the Orlando area - where to go for events etc?
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:34:01 PM »
I just moved to Maitland due to my work, coming from a long time living in the panhandle.

I know I've bought and sold a bunch of games down here, and I'm excited to be closer to where a lot of games are!

My question is - does anybody get up for local game events, and where should I go for pins and arcade game-related stuff?

I know its out there, but where should I go and what to avoid?

I'm an avid fighting game fan, and I've already found a bunch of local events for that stuff (tournaments etc.)

But Im looking for arcade/pin related local events, or people that just like to hang and play some 80's and 90's arcades and grab a beer etc.

I know yall are out there -any advice ?  :D
Vids:
Custom-built Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ Pandoras Box ; Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ MAME; Sega Blast City w/ "King of Air" Multi-board  ;Upright; Dedicated Neo Geo 2-Slot w/ 161-1; Time Crisis 1 in converted 720 Cab;

Juke: Rowe CD-100 Starlight

WTB: Time Crisis 1 and 2 Dedicated Machines

- I am a former TV tech and can repair and re-cap CRT and LCD monitors in my area.

Offline deadlander

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Just moved to the Orlando area - where to go for events etc?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:39:50 PM »
Van man Dan has a silver ball rollers tournament tomorrow in Daytona tomorrow at 5pm. It’s about 1 hr up I4 for you.
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »
chris is good people. welcome him to orlando. :)

ps- chris, get out of orlando, stat. all punks up there. :P
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Online DK

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • DON'T SELL ME ANYTHING
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 10:58:42 PM »
Hey dude, off of k7s bad advice if you want to come down to Naples on Aug 31st, Sept 1st come on down to my Labor Day party shin-digg. Should be about 75 people (30 pins/arcades). Shoot me a PM if interested!

Eric
www.PINBALLNAPLES.com

Will pay premium for nice examples of:
Bally Skyrocket, Gottlieb Outer Space, Williams Time Fantasy, Alvin G's Mystery Castle

Offline RAW POWER

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Raw Power Amusements / The Pinball Lounge
    • The Pinball Lounge
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:18:05 PM »
Let's all fight for Chris' time! Come on down to The Pinball Lounge! We are about 25 minutes from Maitland. 26 pinballs waiting for you. League on Tuesday nights and $10 all you can play 8pm to midnight on Fridays. Lots of fellow enthusiasts here. We are also having two tournaments and all you can play pinball from 12pm to 12am on Saturday, Sept 1st. $30 if you want to get in the tournaments or $15 if you just want to play all day but not in the tournament.

Online PinRush

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »
Let's all fight for Chris' time! Come on down to The Pinball Lounge! We are about 25 minutes from Maitland. 26 pinballs waiting for you. League on Tuesday nights and $10 all you can play 8pm to midnight on Fridays. Lots of fellow enthusiasts here. We are also having two tournaments and all you can play pinball from 12pm to 12am on Saturday, Sept 1st. $30 if you want to get in the tournaments or $15 if you just want to play all day but not in the tournament.

Pinball Lounge is awesome! I usually can’t make league or tournaments since I live 45 min away but I go there every chance I get. Kurt and Ed are great guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pins: TWD Prem, ST Prem, BSD, MET Pro

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 12:31:21 AM »
Maitland = The Pinball Lounge, but more importantly, Check out BART before it closes at the end of September. 
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
Awesome, you're minutes away from my dad's place off of Maitland Blvd.  What time can you go by tomorrow and fix my remaining projects in his garage  ;) :P

I'm not much of a SF/MK guy so I can't speak to tournaments etc., but you should heed Hamster's advice and visit BART as often as possible before it closes.  I was there a couple weeks ago and they had both SF & MK there with fully functioning controls (all their games are typically 100% working unlike their competitor down the road).  Sucks that it's closing soon :/ :(