Author Topic: Prewar Playground at Free Play  (Read 3376 times)

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Prewar Playground at Free Play
« on: August 21, 2018, 01:08:38 PM »
It is less than 3 months from Free Play Florida and I am working on the layout for the area and finishing up getting all the games ready for the show.
I just wanted to put it out there, if anyone has a prewar game they would like bring to the show, drop me an e mail so I can get it into the layout. The machine must be playable for guests, not just set up to look at. I know a couple of you out there have a prewar. Lets get it out there to play. See you all in a few months.
Jeff
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Prewar Playground at Free Play
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 12:43:00 AM »
the genius build with some of these prewar games is nothing less than awesome. i looked up the "big 3" off of jeff's suggestions, and all i can say is...wow.

awesome display to be expected. thank you. :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 06:03:27 PM »
If anyone in Orlando needs help getting their game to the show for this event PM me.  I'll do what I can to help you get your game to the show :)

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
What exactly is Prewar? Setting up the showroom floor?

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 09:00:33 PM »
If anyone in Orlando needs help getting their game to the show for this event PM me.  I'll do what I can to help you get your game to the show :)

Ditto for me. I plan on  being there every day to help and would be happy to do some local runs.

Offline Ron Donohue

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • My Gameroom
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 11:25:37 AM »
What exactly is Prewar? Setting up the showroom floor?

PreWar generally refers to pinball machines built prior to World War II.  Jeff has a large collection of these games and sets up a separate area dedicated to these all mechanical games.  He is asking if anyone else has any of these games they would like to include in the display area.  The area Jeff sets up is one of the largest public displays of these games in the United States each year.

Ron

Offline jmsvero

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 08:06:03 PM »
Thanks Ron for the explanation. I have been on vacation and will be until after Labor Day. I don't get to check very often on vacation.
Jeff
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 08:52:15 PM »
Oh yes! I played many of them last year. It is really amazing that we can even play them still. True Relics! 

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »
lets not forget that during WW2 the general population was asked to save things like the cooking grease they produces, rubber items like tires and whatever, and especially metal. These drives had everyone, and I mean everyone, bringing old pots and pans, that sort of stuff to places where it would be recycled for the war effort. So basically anything not in use and maybe a few things that were , got collected and recycled. Bet your booty this includes lots of pin games.
TO have such a great collection of survivors in definately cool.
 Plus "jeff not jim" is a man of sensational taste and is good to his mother!
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 04:46:04 AM »
Jeff, this area was even more incredible this year than in past years (hard to believe it could get better!) with SO many rare games, thank you so much once again for bringing all those incredibly rare games, it's so nice to see the history!

Offline jmsvero

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 08:22:51 AM »
Jeff,
It was a very tiring weekend, but well worth it. I picked up the Best of Show Pinball for the Prewar Playground area.
Jeff
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:45:41 PM by jmsvero »

Offline NormaJ

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »
Jeff,
It was a very tiring weekend, but well worth it. I picked up the Best of Show Pinball for the Prewar Playgroung area.
Jeff

Well deserved, Jeff! I cannot imagine anyone brought more games than you did! Everything showed very well.

Offline SpineyNorman

• Administrator
  • I'll have Double Jim Bourbons
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 11:19:21 AM »
All I can say is "Thank you" those pre war machines are AMAZING. The amount of genuine FUN they managed to put in those machines is mind boggling.
TANSTAAFL 

I'm available for parties, own my own donkeys. Very clean.
If you can read the forum you can figure out Craigslist, constant updates are tedious at best

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 11:03:00 PM »
Jeff is awesome and a gift to the village.
Thanks Jeff.

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 11:03:21 PM »
Jeff I take it you made it back No problems?