Author Topic: 904 sbr toutney goes south this Saturday  (Read 724 times)

Offline deadlander

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
904 sbr toutney goes south this Saturday
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »
We are hosting the september silver ball rollers 4 strike tourney at the pinball garage this Saturday at 4 p.m in Deland. Cost is $1 for the Eric Stone iFPA travel fund. All are welcome if you don't know where the garage is just pm me for directions. Garage opens at 3 for practice tourney starts at 4. Excellent opportunity for Orlando area players to grab some state points. Lineup consists of: Centaur, 24,big buck hunter, road show,Acdc premium, TWD, wh20, future spa, 8bd,hi deal, tz,taf, fg, got, bop, mm,afm, totan, volley,bsd, meteor. Looking forward to seeing you guys Saturday.
Regards,Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline 904_roller

• Level 2: Villager
Re: 904 sbr toutney goes south this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 10:15:07 PM »
Hey everyone. I would love to finally get down there and check out the garage and see if I can do anything good on this awesome line up. So if someone from st aug is headed down that might have an extra seat please lmk.
Thank you in advance
Eric Cady 
904-392-3352

Offline deadlander

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:24:15 PM »
Joe and Lauren will be there for sure. They may have room. Its only a 70 min drive from St Augustine if you have to go solo.
Regards
Al
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:26:44 PM by deadlander »
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline deadlander

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 10:57:36 PM »
Wow fantastic competition today.  Nick Mueller once again dominated at the pinball garage.  Lauren Geneau fought hard and came in second.  New rookie of the year Alex Marino came in third.  Watch out guys Alex is a young gun and has some very nice pinball chops! Also honorable mention to Alene Dickson who made it to the final 4 with some fantastic play.  Competition was fierce I thought I was safe when I posted up 196 Million on Whitewater but it was only good for third and my second strike.  Great to see the Central Florida guys mix it up with the 904 SBRs.  Sorry for the weak AC today.  I now remember why I don't usually host in the dead of summer if and when I do it again, I will make sure there will be some supplemental AC.  Julia and I appreciate everyone traveling near and far to create such great competition. 
Regards,
Al

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 02:48:54 AM »
Nick Mueller.   Congrats
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »
Nick is paying very well.  Good job!

Very strong showing by Lauren. Noticing more and more women in the top 4. Fantastic!

Alex is another of the strong young up and coming pinball players. 

SCS battle for top 24 is proving to be very entertaining this year.  :)
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline NormaJ

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 11:28:07 AM »
A whole lot of fun yesterday. Thank you, Al and Julia -- and Joe, for letting me see how "the other half" of Florida lives in pinball leagues. (Still none in S. Fl...) Yes, Jeff, two of the Gorgeous Ladies in the Final Four! It's getting to be a regular thing. I think it's been thrilling how many different folks have been on the prize podium this year. I have been happy to be part of it. And yes, Alex is Rookie of the Year. I'm calling it now!

As to AC, I should have brung more than one t-shirt. But there was plenty of water, and I drank half of it. Also, quite a spread of different foods. Love those chips, Randy! Very few game issues, too. And good tunes on vinyl, the way God intended.

And scores? Can you really put up 29m on Medieval and finish a distant third? You can when the top score is 81m!

It was a tough decision not to go to Artcade, and I want Jett to know I will go back if there are no conflicts next month. (So no conflicts, people!) Jett's place is very comfortable and old-school and very well-lit. Alex learned yesterday I have an affinity for lighted rooms.

On a side note, I just want to say I really love looking at some of the homes in DeLand. You just don't see a lot of towns in Florida with houses like those. Maybe someday I will buy a big home on the lake. (But first I would have to beat Eric Stone for the world championship to earn a down payment!)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:36:23 AM by NormaJ »

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 12:10:57 PM »
A whole lot of fun yesterday. Thank you, Al and Julia -- and Joe, for letting me see how "the other half" of Florida lives in pinball leagues. (Still none in S. Fl...)

There might not be anything called a bonafide “pinball league” in S. FL., but there are plenty of opportunities to earn those oh-so coveted WPPR points down south at various venues. Kawikid, Sebastian, Ron, John/Ceil, and yours truly have hosted numerous IFPA events.

Of course there is nothing stopping you or anyone else for that matter from forming a regular South FL pinball League.  Silverball and Arcade Odyssey are public places. There are ways to make it happen. I’ve posted how to do it :)
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 12:19:21 PM »
NormaJ's Wild New Years Eve Pinball Party!  Can't wait. 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline NormaJ

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »
NormaJ's Wild New Years Eve Pinball Party!  Can't wait.

Haha, not happening, but thanks anyway. I will stick to falling asleep during the Twilight Zone marathon.