Author Topic: Heads-Up Challenge Poker Help  (Read 225 times)

Offline murfe88

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Heads-Up Challenge Poker Help
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
I picked up one of these Heads-Up poker challenge games but I can't seem to get it to boot. It just says no signal on the monitor.
Hamster / Bill came by on Friday night and took a look at it but we still couldn't get it going.

Does anybody no how to work on these or have parts ?

Thanks
Paul

WOZLE #296 , Houdini,  Full Throttle, GOTG,  Rob Zombie , AMH ,  AS pro , GB pro , TWD Pro , Bubble Hockey ,Megatouch EVO ,  Rock Ola Digital Jukebox , Two Fast N Fureous Tokyo Drifts drivers, Regular Fast N Fureous driver.

Offline JimB

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Heads-Up Challenge Poker Help
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 01:34:01 PM »
Good luck fixing it.  That looks sweet.  Do they even make them new anymore?
PINS - TSPP, STTNG, POTC, WOF, 24, STLE

Offline Billk

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 12:01:02 AM »
unfortunately parts are not available, we trash about a dozen of these :(

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• How many points is "TILT"?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 12:03:46 AM »
Might be interesting to put a small pc in it with a similar game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
GlobalVR, Megatouch & RAW Thrills Repair

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 12:11:01 AM »
unfortunately parts are not available, we trash about a dozen of these :(

i would of loved to have a couple of the display panels before you trashed them :(
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline Billk

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 01:38:20 AM »
gone for a few years now - sorry bill

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 12:33:21 PM »
Might be interesting to put a small pc in it with a similar game.

It is a PC, but apparently some have MAME-ed them. Personally, I'd love to tinker with one myself. It seems like a cool little game.

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »
It is a PC, but apparently some have MAME-ed them. Personally, I'd love to tinker with one myself. It seems like a cool little game.

the older models has 2 video cards, one with a DMS59 port to drive the small trackball displays and one video card for the main display.
the newer models ( at least the one murfe has ) , appears to have 2 interegrated video cards for the small trackball displays using LVDS signalling, and the larger display ties into a GT8600 via DVI.

I used the display out of the pokertek table i got at an auction years ago and put it in a mame cabinet using DVI.. no it doesn't support standard res , its just a standard dvi display that has a high viewing angle.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »
the older models has 2 video cards, one with a DMS59 port to drive the small trackball displays and one video card for the main display.
the newer models ( at least the one murfe has ) , appears to have 2 interegrated video cards for the small trackball displays using LVDS signalling, and the larger display ties into a GT8600 via DVI.

I used the display out of the pokertek table i got at an auction years ago and put it in a mame cabinet using DVI.. no it doesn't support standard res , its just a standard dvi display that has a high viewing angle.

Cool. If it was closer, I'd be right there with ya'. I like quirky PC-based games and they're always a challenge.

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline murfe88

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »
Well everything I could find says the issue with these are the Video cards. I f pound some place that sells the parts. They have an upgraded video card and flash drive combo. Kind of expensive but hopefully it works.

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/category_s/2196.htm
WOZLE #296 , Houdini,  Full Throttle, GOTG,  Rob Zombie , AMH ,  AS pro , GB pro , TWD Pro , Bubble Hockey ,Megatouch EVO ,  Rock Ola Digital Jukebox , Two Fast N Fureous Tokyo Drifts drivers, Regular Fast N Fureous driver.

Offline k7

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »
i've seen more of these with bad LCDs than not. if all else fails, and your screen is good, it has value.  :)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 01:56:58 PM »
Well everything I could find says the issue with these are the Video cards. I f pound some place that sells the parts. They have an upgraded video card and flash drive combo. Kind of expensive but hopefully it works.

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/category_s/2196.htm

That's an ASUS EN210 and you should be able to get it on ebay easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-Nvidia-GeForce-EN210-1GB-DDR3-HDCP-Ready-Silent-Graphics-Card-VGC-9148BA/382553656677?epid=1940490051&hash=item5911f98d65:g:QL0AAOSwCmlbiEUm

I would order just the flash myself.

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline just_some_guy

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 03:18:00 PM »
*** Apologies for the thread derail.
I have one of these in  v.good to mint condition, complete with BVA and additional pole mounted monitor.
What's a reasonable price if I decided to sell it?
Thanks

Offline murfe88

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
So I got the Video card and Flash drive I ordered from Playdium and it works. It also has Bocce Ball.

I haven't played much on it but this thing is really cool. I can play two player bocce ball and an 8 player poker tournament.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »
So I got the Video card and Flash drive I ordered from Playdium and it works. It also has Bocce Ball.

I haven't played much on it but this thing is really cool. I can play two player bocce ball and an 8 player poker tournament.

Glad it worked out. I think I may have to get one of these myself.

Remember Wheaton's Law