Author Topic: Caveman Reboots - System 80A Gottlieb  (Read 309 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Caveman Reboots - System 80A Gottlieb
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 02:51:22 PM »
K7,
Best place to get these cables? Steve Young?
Thanks.
CuJo

i purchased off eBay, but it's been 3 years for the latest one i grabbed...seller is a good guy from KLOV who makes them. 32 bucks, MPU to Driver board cable. he doubles the power and ground leads on the new cable:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gottlieb-Pinball-Sys-80-MPU-to-Dvr-3-5-7-Cable-harness-Repair-Kit-DIY/301164317311?epid=1031364487&hash=item461ecaca7f:g:w18AAMXQcWVREbnd:rk:3:pf:0

he doesn't include the headers now, he did when i was purchasing them.

i have 3 defective cables that i've replaced on gottliebs that would either not boot, or randomly reset.  good luck.

p.s. - if you contact him, he'll make whatever you want. i'd start MPU/Driver cable. always seemed to be problematic on several system 80s i've had: 007, haunted house, devils dare
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »
i purchased off eBay, but it's been 3 years for the latest one i grabbed...seller is a good guy from KLOV who makes them. 32 bucks, MPU to Driver board cable. he doubles the power and ground leads on the new cable:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gottlieb-Pinball-Sys-80-MPU-to-Dvr-3-5-7-Cable-harness-Repair-Kit-DIY/301164317311?epid=1031364487&hash=item461ecaca7f:g:w18AAMXQcWVREbnd:rk:3:pf:0

he doesn't include the headers now, he did when i was purchasing them.

i have 3 defective cables that i've replaced on gottliebs that would either not boot, or randomly reset.  good luck.

p.s. - if you contact him, he'll make whatever you want. i'd start MPU/Driver cable. always seemed to be problematic on several system 80s i've had: 007, haunted house, devils dare

Thanks K7.
I reseated all the cables in the backbox and per FunWiz, moved one of the wires that ran under a top center PCB that went from the Power Supply Board to the board in the upper right (can't remember it's function right now). You can see those wires in a earlier pic in the thread going under.

I think the reseating and cleaning of the connectors surfaces is working (so far). I've played about 30 games and no issues.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:46:56 PM by CUJO »
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »
Thanks K7.
I reseated all the cables in the backbox and per FunWiz, moved one of the wires that ran under a top center PCB that went from the Power Supply Board to the board in the upper right (can't remember it's function right now). You can see those wires in a earlier pic in the thread going under.

I think the reseating and cleaning of the connectors surfaces is working (so far). I've played about 30 games and no issues.

if you play 2 games on any system 80 without an issue, you've won the internet. :)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• How many points is "TILT"?
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 02:51:04 PM »
if you play 2 games on any system 80 without an issue, you've won the internet. :)

GlobalVR, Megatouch & RAW Thrills Repair

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline CUJO

« Reply #19 on: Today at 08:50:31 PM »

Correction : System 80A ...Solid as a XXXX lol
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome