Author Topic: Cheap truck rentals / anyone want to help move some games ? (Orlando area)  (Read 275 times)

Offline Spicules

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Mission COMPRETE !!!
 I used to borrow a little pickup truck from my dad to move all my games, but I've since moved out of the area where my relatives live and can't borrow that truck anymore.

I am looking at going to Jax from Orlando to pickup a couple games this weekend, and also for the future trips to maybe buy/sell/display games at Jax Expo, Freeplay Florida etc.

Looking at u haul - it was going to be around $300 - a little higher than I wanted.

I was looking at this "Fetch" website that has 9' Box trucks for $60 a day + $0.60 a mile after first 75 miles.  That would be around $200 for jax and back - which isn't too too bad, but cheaper would be preferred.

Anyone needs to pickup / drop off items in jax this weekend and wants to split gas/truck rental? 

Or if you have a truck and want to do a roadtrip  and make some money, I can throw some $$ your way for the help!

Vids:
Custom-built Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ In the Hunt ; Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ MVC1; Sega Blast City w/ MAME Setup ;Upright; Dedicated Neo Geo 2-Slot w/ 161-1; Time Crisis 1 in converted 720 Cab; "Showcase" Cab w/ Pandoras Box, Fearless Pinocchio, Outrun upright.

WTB: Time Crisis 1, 2, 3, and Zone Dedicated Machines ; HOTD2 Dedicated; Konami "Aliens" PCB; Naomi CF setup

- I am a former TV tech and can repair and re-cap CRT and LCD monitors in my area.

Offline flashburn

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Enterprise Truck usually rents out big Cargo Van's for under $100 a day with unlimited mileage. They are pretty great overall.
Current Lineup: Total Nuclear Annihilation, Iron Maiden Premium, Star Wars Premium, Ghostbusters Pro, Johnny Mnemonic, Grand Lizard, Twilight Zone

Offline PinRush

• Level 3: Hologram
Enterprise Truck usually rents out big Cargo Van's for under $100 a day with unlimited mileage. They are pretty great overall.

Agree, i even got a small Cargo van in Orlando with unlimited mileage for under $50 for a day from Enterprise.
Pins: TWD Prem, ST Prem, BSD, MET Pro, IMVE

Offline flashburn

Agree, i even got a small Cargo van in Orlando with unlimited mileage for under $50 for a day from Enterprise.

When they get their new vans (once a year) they do those awesome deals for $40/day, it's pretty great. I think normally its like $60-$80/day. Only issue is most of them aren't open on the weekend. They'll sometimes allow dropoff overnight for Saturday return though.
Current Lineup: Total Nuclear Annihilation, Iron Maiden Premium, Star Wars Premium, Ghostbusters Pro, Johnny Mnemonic, Grand Lizard, Twilight Zone

Offline Spicules

• Mission COMPRETE !!!
I'm looking and it looks like they are closed on weekends, so I'd probably have to run this after work - grab truck and drive up to Jax, then drive back down and return the truck Saturday morning- which I could do and wouldnt be a problem

rates are looking to be around $100 a day, plus mileage though for large trucks;  doesn't seem to have cargo vans available as it says "call for availability".

Vids:
Custom-built Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ In the Hunt ; Capcom "Big Blue" Cabinet w/ MVC1; Sega Blast City w/ MAME Setup ;Upright; Dedicated Neo Geo 2-Slot w/ 161-1; Time Crisis 1 in converted 720 Cab; "Showcase" Cab w/ Pandoras Box, Fearless Pinocchio, Outrun upright.

WTB: Time Crisis 1, 2, 3, and Zone Dedicated Machines ; HOTD2 Dedicated; Konami "Aliens" PCB; Naomi CF setup

- I am a former TV tech and can repair and re-cap CRT and LCD monitors in my area.

Offline spartyman

• Level 5: Power User!
You could always get a uhaul enclosed trailer if you have something to two it, pretty cheap option, lots of cars can tow them.
Vids: Centipede, Millipede, PacMan, Megatouch EVO 2009, SI Deluxe, Super Pac-Man
Pins: Space Shuttle, STTNG

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Do you have a specific day or time you have to go this weekend?  I could possibly make a late night run one night this weekend after the kids go to bed at 8.  I'd need to check with the wife first to make sure we didn't have anything planned already.   I have access a standard sized bed on my tacoma and could even borrow a lawn trailer if there are 3 or more games. 

Now if you need help with a local pickup text me and I'll help as soon as I can :).  During the week mornings are preferred (or after 8pm), but on local stuff I can pretty much help whenever on the weekend. 

Offline Spicules

• Mission COMPRETE !!!
You could always get a uhaul enclosed trailer if you have something to two it, pretty cheap option, lots of cars can tow them.

I thought about that, but I have a 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid - I don't think I could really tow anything with a 4cylinder sedan, could you?

I'd have to get the hitch put on, but I don't think that's too bad - I want to say less than $100?
Vids:

Offline Spicules

• Mission COMPRETE !!!
Do you have a specific day or time you have to go this weekend?  I could possibly make a late night run one night this weekend after the kids go to bed at 8.  I'd need to check with the wife first to make sure we didn't have anything planned already.   I have access a standard sized bed on my tacoma and could even borrow a lawn trailer if there are 3 or more games. 

Now if you need help with a local pickup text me and I'll help as soon as I can :).  During the week mornings are preferred (or after 8pm), but on local stuff I can pretty much help whenever on the weekend.

I think that could work - one of the guys is supposed to get back to me and the other said Saturday was good, but didin't say how late was too late. 

I changed phones and I don;t think I have your # anymore, Tim - send me a message when you get a chance - 850-459-5675

Vids:

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Whatever you wind up using, let's link up at Freeplay to discuss plans for Jax Expo as I might have a plan coming together that could include getting your games from Orlando to Jax as well (and save you some coin).

Steve
MM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Offline k7

Re: Cheap truck rentals / anyone want to help move some games ? (Orlando area)
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 08:25:12 AM »
I thought about that, but I have a 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid - I don't think I could really tow anything with a 4cylinder sedan, could you?

I'd have to get the hitch put on, but I don't think that's too bad - I want to say less than $100?

hitch should be around $100, you installing it. they're not hard to install, need a drill and metal bits.

personally, i wouldn't tow with a hybrid vehicle. that's just me, those batteries are big money.

but, i have towed with a 4 cylinder honda element. i had a large load, about 4 pinballs and 4 arcades with gumball machines. orlando to boynton beach.
my gas mileage sucked (about 10 MPG loaded), trip went well.

checked real quick, honda doesn't recommend any towing with the 2015 accords. my element's max capacity was 1500 pounds.
i know i go over that, i recycle servers that weigh 100 pounds each, and load that thing up.

but personally...i wouldn't do it.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline chillie

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »
Don't know what you need to move but I have a Chrysler Town and country mini van that I can fit 2 pinballs into. just saying a minivan might be a good option depending on what you need to haul.

Offline k7

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2018, 12:06:13 PM »
chillie makes a good point. and on that note, trucks pull good money at auctions...but minivans dont'...you could grab an early 2000s nissan quest or windstar, astro, g20, odyssey, e150 and others for under 500 bucks running.

if you were planning on something more than once, that option beats any rental option.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline Spicules

• Mission COMPRETE !!!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
chillie makes a good point. and on that note, trucks pull good money at auctions...but minivans dont'...you could grab an early 2000s nissan quest or windstar, astro, g20, odyssey, e150 and others for under 500 bucks running.

if you were planning on something more than once, that option beats any rental option.

You're talking at an auto auction?  I had no idea you could get a working vehicle for that little. 

I had looked on CL and everything that low needed repairs.  I'm good at electronics - not so much on cars! 

That does sound the way to go.  I really just need to get a cheap, beat up truck that I can pickup a game or two in. 
Vids:

Offline gameover1173

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
Yes you can pick up cheap transportation from auto auctions but you need to have someone with mechanical knowledge with you there is alot of junk there too just have to be cautions.
As a side note mini Van's are ok for a pin or 2 but for arcade games there worthless unless it's one.