Author Topic: any one know of a MM for sale  (Read 3054 times)

Offline tbecu1

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: any one know of a MM for sale
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »
Yeah it is.... I doubt the auction will go the full 5 days, but It should be interesting to see how high it goes (My guess is the guy is doing it as more folks look at EBAY than Mr. Pinball Classifields).

I had someone on RGP tell me about these $5,500 to $6,000 MM machines that are supposedly available. I told him 3 months ago that I was seriously interested and I had the cash, please let me know if/when he finds one. I have never heard from him again.

Believe me, I am an extremely CHEAP person. If I could have gotten one cheaper, I would have.

The fact is that most who have these anymore know exactly what they are worth. Simple supply and demand. As more and more folks gain interest into the Pinball Hobby, more and more folks with extra cash are going to want what is perceived by most to be the best game out there. If you do find one at $5,500 now, you are going to be putting a mint into getting the playfield restored or replacing a ton of parts, because those who have the clean ones know what they are worth.

Just my thoughts....

The chances of someone being within 100 miles of Deltona interested in selling their Medieval Madness for $5,500 to $6,000 that is willing to wait while Herman sells his pins to get up enough money is VERY VERY slim.
2 Merit Megatouch Evo Ions (2009.5), Linked Rush 2049's, Asteroids, 60 in 1 Mini Multicade and the following Pins: Iron Man VE and Class of 1812.

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »
I agree with you 100%, although I am one of those people who will spend the cash to get a really nice game.  My MM was turn key.  All I had to do was set it up.  It had all the add ons/upgrades I would have done and the machine didn't have the down time it would have if I had to install that stuff myself.  That is worth the extra money to me.  In the end, was my MM worth $8,500 + shipping...no...but I HAD TO HAVE a MM and it had to be nice.  Am I happy with the game...yes...it is a beautiful game that people compliment all the time and plays GREAT!

Like you said, a $5,500 MM will probably need some work to make it nice and I don't get a vibe that Herman is the type of guy that will dig into it himself.  He needs to factor that in, too.  If the game isn't working right, it's not as fun.  I'm curiously watching Hoffman's situation, too.  The price on his MB is heading south, but he has shown that he can handle the work should the MM he found needs it.  Props to the newbie and I wish them both good luck on their quest. 

MMs are getting scarcer as the desirability increases.
David Paz
AFMrSE, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, FFPre, GZPre, Hot Tip, IMDNLE, IM, Joker Poker, Paragon, Pulp Fiction: Bad Mother Flipper Edition, Rush LE, WW and Wild Card

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
David Paz
AFMrSE, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, FFPre, GZPre, Hot Tip, IMDNLE, IM, Joker Poker, Paragon, Pulp Fiction: Bad Mother Flipper Edition, Rush LE, WW and Wild Card

Offline tbecu1

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
(QUOTE)I doubt the auction will go the full 5 days, but It should be interesting to see how high it goes (My guess is the guy is doing it as more folks look at EBAY than Mr. Pinball Classifields).(QUOTE)

Well, Figured as much. I wonder what he sold it for......

Thomas

2 Merit Megatouch Evo Ions (2009.5), Linked Rush 2049's, Asteroids, 60 in 1 Mini Multicade and the following Pins: Iron Man VE and Class of 1812.