Author Topic: JP pinball questions!!  (Read 1995 times)

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
Re: JP pinball questions!!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
The mod to the flipper board is not necessary.  The mod makes it so the game will still work even if the eos switchs break.  The eos switches on those Data East are normally closed so if they are not making contact the flipper will not energize.  If you do the mod they will flip regardless of the eos switch.  I have had 4 of those Data East games and havent done the mod to any of them and they all have worked fine.

Mike

Offline Harmony

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
wow, that's so much more then i would ever try, why not see if curly has a machine maybe that is not worth crap but will fit the JP and offer the JP cab for the bonfire  its a hail mary but some times they work out

Guns n' Roses

Offline Ron Donohue

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • My Gameroom
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 11:57:20 AM »
For your chattering flipper, you might check the top of the coil, where there are two very fine wires going from the coil lugs to the body of the coil.  If the fine wire on the hold side breaks, you would have a problem very much like you are describing.  If it is loose and moving, all the more likely that is what is going on.  AS for the bolts, I have used PB Blaster or similar to loosen up the rust, but you need to wait a good long time and leave the game open for a while prior to turning it on if you use this type of product due to risk of fire.  My advise is to check the fine wire as described above, which can be soldered if it has broken loose prior to going to a lot of trouble to get the coil off and replace it.  Hope that helps.

Ron

Offline yukonblaze

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »
I think Herm was trying to say but in a few different words is: Maybe Curly has one that he isnt interested in burning but would be willing to trade for one that could be burnt. ;D 

I need to keep my cab Herman as I am going to use it to make all my stencils from.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy bulk orders of bulb holders??  All of mine are rusted and want to see what cost would be to replace entire lot.

Thanks
Jason
Life is as heavy as a game on your foot!!!

Offline yukonblaze

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »
I wish I knew why there was rust, but seems to have affected the bulb sockets and screw heads.  All else seems to be in good condition.  Playfield is awesome other than a little overspray when someone attempted to paint part of the cab.  No 'puffy wood' but appears that it may have been dropped and looks as if cosmetic fixes werent completely hidden.  Will just build new cab and transfer over.

New Question
Question 3

When ever the 'flashers' on the playfield or in backbox activate, there is a noticable clicking from a black box relay on one of the boards in the backbox, is this normal??  Any way to quite it??

Thanks
Jason

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »
damn Jason all these questions  ???

just cut your loss now and sell it before any more questions, Ill give ya 500 bucks  :P

joking aside, sounds like your learning pins fast, and the ins and outs of them, good luck look forward to seeing the new cabinet
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline ratsflif

• All your base
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:52 PM »
Click is normal, just the sound the relay on the power supply makes when turning the flashers on and off.

Offline yukonblaze

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
Mick

Thought it easier to ask questions 1 at a time as I go.

Question 1 SOLVED
  Broken fuse holder (ones I bought to replace no good so resoldered fuse back to holder and all is 100%).
Question 2 & 3 ANSWERED

At this rate I should be on to my next pin by next week.

Thanks

Jason

Offline ratsflif

• All your base
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »
Well now that you mention it, I have a Last Action Hero that would look nice right next to it, since it was the next game data east released.  And, it has the same exact board set, making it very easy to troubleshoot either.

Offline micksimmonds

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 04:21:31 PM »
LAH is a neat game, Jason pins always look nicer in pairs  ;D
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline yukonblaze

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »
Although pins look nicer in pairs, only one thing truly looks nicer in pairs and thats breast!!!  My wife wont allow anymore of either in the house (pins or breast)!!!

Jason

Although if I get rid of CT I would have the room!!! HUM!!

Offline micksimmonds

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 05:22:52 PM »
out CT and get a Pin, you can always play CT on your PC/360/xbox/Dreamcast, problem solved  ;D
FREEPLAY FLORIDA

Offline yukonblaze

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
Thats exactly what I was thnking1  Is there a relay available that is a little quieter or can I encase it in a sound proof box?? 

Jason

Offline ratsflif

• All your base
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 10:50:52 AM »
That game has an original power supply in it, I'm not sure if the rottendog replacement is any quieter but I never found it to be a problem or sounding unusual.

Offline yukonblaze

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »
I found the offending relay and wasnt sure if covering it would make it overheat or not. 

NEW QUESTION
Is it common for the factory bubble level to be out of wack??
The bubble level for the game (located under instruction card) is way off.  After leveling game according to bubble the balls always seemed to favor a L hand roll.  Put my level on the playfield and wasnt even close.

Thanks
Jason